Give a bold prediction for 2022 Gopher Football

Bold does not have to be positive.

So my Bold prediction:

The Gophers will get off to a slow start in 2022, due mainly to some issues as the new O-Line tries to gel. At least one non-conference game will not be decided until the final drive of the game.

And there will be multiple threads on the Hole complaining about the O-line play.
Well, our last 5 non P5 games have all basically came down to the final drive so I don’t know if I would call that bold.

The Gophers win the Big Ten West, the Vikings finish last in the NFC Central and we have to start putting up with their drunken idiot fans who abandon the boat downtown and start showing up at the original Bank. Because of injuries and health and safety protocols, in the season finale at Lambeau, the Vikings use their fifth starting quarterback of the season, former Hawkeye Nate Stanley.

Last edited:

A brief glance at the 2022 schedules for MN, WI and IA leads me to say MN has the easiest schedule and IA the most difficult with WI in the middle.
So if PJ's recruiting can replace the layers being lost this year and the two injured RBs return there are avery good reasons reasons to predict MN wins the West.

Bold does not have to be positive.

So my Bold prediction:

The Gophers will get off to a slow start in 2022, due mainly to some issues as the new O-Line tries to gel. At least one non-conference game will not be decided until the final drive of the game.

And there will be multiple threads on the Hole complaining about the O-line play.

This is a certainty.

Kirk C gets the passing attack back into form and the Gophers have three receivers with +800 yards each.

CrAB and DW16 make us stop pining for Tyler and Rashod. DJ9 also comes into his own. And we see the full talent of BSF. Gophers crack 3300 yards passing. And we still rush for 2500+ yards.

A brief glance at the 2022 schedules for MN, WI and IA leads me to say MN has the easiest schedule and IA the most difficult with WI in the middle.
So if PJ's recruiting can replace the layers being lost this year and the two injured RBs return there are avery good reasons reasons to predict MN wins the West.
I would agree that of the 3, MN has the "easiest" schedule on paper right now. That being said, the team to watch out for may well be Purdue because their schedule next year looks pretty nice as we sit here today.

Joe Harasymiak is the DC at the end of the year after Joe Rossi takes another job (made possible by the continued excellent performance of the defense).

Joe Harasymiak is the DC at the end of the year after Joe Rossi takes another job (made possible by the continued excellent performance of the defense).
Which leads me to a another bold prediction:

To keep Joe Rossi a Gopher, he becomes Minnesota’s first coordinator to have a $1 Million base salary. (He now makes $800,000).

Our history under PJ is of playing down to non-conf opponents, virtually inviting them to hang around until the end of the game. My bold prediction is that instead of non-conf nailbiters (or soul-crushing losses) we blow the drawers off our our non-conf opponents, piling up huge leads by half time and cruising to easy victories—maybe even playing some back ups in the 4th Q for seasoning. We have lots of explosive plays and our D suffocates their offenses. We go into the Iowa game a well-oiled machine, confident in all phases of our game. This would be a “turn the corner” moment for me.
This, of all the predictions is the one I hope comes true.

I agree with this.
the dark horse due to schedule next year is Purdue (this year it was Iowa)

I'm shocked. I underestimated the portal. Doesn't make sense to me, but who knows what these kids are thinking. Really can't rule anyone out.
That is the truth. We don't know what is happening in these kids lives, we don't know what they're being told by friends and family and we don't know how they feel about the situation. It's a different era and I really think allot of these kids feel they need to get the money while they can, not only for themselves but for their family as well.

Win the Axe and Floyd in no doubter, stress free games
Lose a close game in Indy
Play in Rose Bowl as part of New Years 6 (if it's not in the playoff rotation...not looking it up)
I think you're good! If I recall, next year it's the Fiesta and Peach that get the semifinal games.

Our history under PJ is of playing down to non-conf opponents, virtually inviting them to hang around until the end of the game. My bold prediction is that instead of non-conf nailbiters (or soul-crushing losses) we blow the drawers off our our non-conf opponents, piling up huge leads by half time and cruising to easy victories—maybe even playing some back ups in the 4th Q for seasoning. We have lots of explosive plays and our D suffocates their offenses. We go into the Iowa game a well-oiled machine, confident in all phases of our game. This would be a “turn the corner” moment for me.
I second that. The Aggies, Leathernecks, and Buffaloes can forget about pulling off another "Bowling Green".

Top Bottom