Give a bold prediction for 2022 Gopher Football

10-2…Why not? Beat Iowa then split your 4 toughest road games… the schedule is very doable. IMO

I'll go out on a limb the other direction. We can't have all these positive predictions as it will junx us.

The Gophers will struggle to become bowl eligible.

Bold does not have to be positive.

So my Bold prediction:

The Gophers will get off to a slow start in 2022, due mainly to some issues as the new O-Line tries to gel. At least one non-conference game will not be decided until the final drive of the game.

And there will be multiple threads on the Hole complaining about the O-line play.

So my Bold prediction:

The Gophers will get off to a slow start in 2022, due mainly to some issues as the new O-Line tries to gel. At least one non-conference game will not be decided until the final drive of the game.

And there will be multiple threads on the Hole complaining about the O-line play.
Dink!

That's really not a bold prediction as we have struggled in the non-conference against lesser opponents each year.

I predict Fleck was serious in his post-game reflections on the lack of a passing game. He indirectly, at least, admits the poor pass game cost the Gophers' wins in 2021.

A serious Fleck means change. The 70/30 run/pass ratio will change to something more like 60/40. It will take two things, beyond simple determination to change the mix, to make the balanced offense work at Big Ten West championship level:

1) Creative play calling. We're good there. Ciarocca is proven.

2) An accurate QB who does not telegraph the intended target. We're unknown here. Morgan was good in 2019, mediocre for two years after.

Despite being “healthy,” Ibrahim shares the ball equally with Irving and Thomas (Achilles injuries are very difficult for an RB to recover from). Potts and Williams are unable or choose not to play in 2022. Ends up being no issues with lack of playing time.

As high as all of the GH appear on Rossi, I believe our defense will suffer in 2022. Not because of coaching but personnel. Unless, or until, we see some movement from the portal for DL/LB we will take a giant step backwards. And then, if Walley is our best CB(who couldn’t tackle my mother) our secondary will be suspect UNLESS the portal people live up to their hype.

Win the Axe and Floyd in no doubter, stress free games
Lose a close game in Indy
Play in Rose Bowl as part of New Years 6 (if it's not in the playoff rotation...not looking it up)

I agree with this prediction..

I'm not sure how bold this take is but we won't have the 4 RB's on our roster who contributed significantly this year (well, Mo didn't have the chance outside of 3 quarters against the nuts) by the time Jerry Kill steps on the field next fall.

EDIT: I really hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see them all sticking around
I think it is unknown whether Mo and/or Trey will be a full speed next fall. If they are, maybe a transfer will occur. If there is any question as to their durability post-injury, I think all the RBs stay put.

So my Bold prediction:

Our history under PJ is of playing down to non-conf opponents, virtually inviting them to hang around until the end of the game. My bold prediction is that instead of non-conf nailbiters (or soul-crushing losses) we blow the drawers off our our non-conf opponents, piling up huge leads by half time and cruising to easy victories—maybe even playing some back ups in the 4th Q for seasoning. We have lots of explosive plays and our D suffocates their offenses. We go into the Iowa game a well-oiled machine, confident in all phases of our game. This would be a “turn the corner” moment for me.

Floyd returns home and we will be 9-1 heading into our final 2 games of the season.

Mo Ibrahim will not be the leading rusher

Wright becomes a true deep threat

Top Bottom