Give a bold prediction for 2022 Gopher Football

Iowa will forfeit.

Honestly though, I'm going full on, and calling double digit wins. Shitsconsin will hopefully keep Ethel Mertz, Whyowa will get their lack of talent exposed by more than whoever would kick their ass in the BIG title game, and the rest are nothing but cannon fodder.

I'm predicting a BIG West title and whoever the slug from the East will get dominated.

As the tv announcers made mention, which running back/s hit the portal? Really, really hard to satisfy 5 running backs. Someone will be leaving. Will take all of PJ ‘s skill to keep everyone happy. Perhaps his selling point will be, with 4 new offensive linemen, we will see backs hurt. Stick with us, and you will play. Regardless, I don’t see winning the West without an inflex of both OL and DL from the portal.

As the tv announcers made mention, which running back/s hit the portal? Really, really hard to satisfy 5 running backs. Someone will be leaving. Will take all of PJ ‘s skill to keep everyone happy. Perhaps his selling point will be, with 4 new offensive linemen, we will see backs hurt. Stick with us, and you will play. Regardless, I don’t see winning the West without an inflex of both OL and DL from the portal.
Talk about bold.

Guess this is a post-2022 prediction - for the first time in Gopher history, we'll have a long snapper selected in the draft.

I'm not sure how bold this take is but we won't have the 4 RB's on our roster who contributed significantly this year (well, Mo didn't have the chance outside of 3 quarters against the nuts) by the time Jerry Kill steps on the field next fall.

EDIT: I really hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see them all sticking around

As the tv announcers made mention, which running back/s hit the portal? Really, really hard to satisfy 5 running backs.
Can't forget... First of all, there's no crystal ball available. Will Mo or Trey even remotely be ready to play in the fall? What about Bryce? I'll guess that Mo and Bryce will be... but I'm sure they'll be kept on a short leash, so to speak (at least through the non-conf games.) Trey is a wild card, since nobody is saying much about his condition and there's no way to know if he'll be in football shape or even healthy enough to get on the field at all (yeah, I know what PJ says, but until I see him running out onto the field, I'll have my reservations.)

That leaves the two 'kids.' I think both of them know that their workload will go down next season, but I'm sure they can both see thepossibilities, too. There will be carries available, since the other RBs will be limited (at least at first) to how much they can actually play.

I'm not concerned about the 5 backs stuff... I'd be more inclined to worry about whether or not the two youngsters can coexist for the next few seasons. We've seen that two exceptional running backs can work together here in MN... I'm hoping that the head salesman in charge can keep them both rowing enthusiastically.

Oh, then there's the new kid from TX... Will he accept the inevitable redshirt season?

Not sure why fans always assume this. Who is the fifth rb? Bryce Williams? I wouldn’t worry about satisfying him.

I'm not sure how bold this take is but we won't have the 4 RB's on our roster who contributed significantly this year (well, Mo didn't have the chance outside of 3 quarters against the nuts) by the time Jerry Kill steps on the field next fall.

EDIT: I really hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see them all sticking around
I’d happily bet that they all stick around for next year. For one they have no idea what the pecking order is going to be, and two Mo is gone after next year.

It is kind of entertaining to see all the handwringing over guys leaving. Mo has one year left and this is all assuming he’s every bit the back he was before. Bucko and Ky split carries all year (and were subbed at times on 3rd down in passing situations). Williams can transfer and there would be no issue. Potts also is coming back from a serious injury and I’d be shocked if he had a ton of portal interest were he to leave. So that being said, I would be shocked to see any more than one (Williams) transfer as they’ll all be in the mix and know Mo is gone next year. Think y’all are underestimating the culture side of PJ and guys playing RB seeing full well how rapidly things can change

We will somehow find a punter that can actually kick a spiral for 50 yards!

Top Bottom