Georgia WR Tyler Williams has committed to MN

I hope he's first team All-Big Ten and the next coming of Bateman.

But ... are we just excited because ... he's coming from Georgia?? What has he done? Why is he leaving there?

EDIT: looks like (according to 247 transfer rankings, for whatever they're worth) Georgia added the #3 and #5 nationally ranked WR transfers, both of whom enrolled in Jan and I presume have gone through spring ball. So that could easily be spurring the decision.

Georgia roster bio: https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/tyler-williams/8144
Didn't do much as a true fresh last season.

Last edited:

But ... are we just excited because ... he's coming from Georgia?? What has he done? Why is he leaving there?

EDIT: looks like (according to 247 transfer rankings, for whatever they're worth) Georgia added the #3 and #5 nationally ranked WR transfers, both of whom enrolled in Jan and I presume have gone through spring ball. So that could easily be spurring the decision.

Georgia roster bio: https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/tyler-williams/8144
Didn’t do much because he was redshirted and only played in 2 games.

wonder what that says about the rest of the WR corp right now. Besides Jackson, sounds like they need help.
It’s just so hard to tell after last year.

As a year went on the plays for the wide receivers got more and more basic presumably to help the QB, but WRs could hardly make a play with “run to a spot and stop”.

Judge for yourself but looks like a difference maker.

All these high incoming transfers PJ's culture-values must be working. "Making Gopher Football Great Again" 🙏

In fairness to you the portal and NIL appear to be changing moment to moment. The ground is constantly shifting under everybody’s feet.

So far, Fleck is adjusting beautifully.
According to this board the portal is the worst thing in the world for basketball but it’s great for football

Wonder if all the dropped balls this spring sent PJ searching for a top notch WR, big time pickup!

I"m assuming he's playing against pretty high level high school competition in Florida and he's running by d-backs like they're standing in quick sand. Consider me impressed.

We’re excited because he was ranked as a top 20 wr out of high school. He hasn’t proven anything yet in college but as a rs frosh there’s plenty of time for that, why wouldn’t we be excited? He’s rated higher than Bateman was out of high school, then again Dylan Wright was rated higher than both. But obviously the size and speed is something to be excited about.

He had 34, count em, 34 offers coming out of high school. Could be the reliable big play receiver we had hoped Dylan Wright would be.

wonder what that says about the rest of the WR corp right now. Besides Jackson, sounds like they need help.
I think they need competition and they need to build depth for the coming years. PJ is on it.

Has four years of eligibility remaining.
Great size and athletic.
How things is going with NIL and transfer portals, I don't expect players to stay all 4 years of their eligibility. And if it happens, great.

Y'all are cooking. Your DL should be sexy. If you can throw the ball too, I think some folks are going to surprised.

Literally just throw the ball well and your lines will do the rest.

We’re excited because he was ranked as a top 20 wr out of high school. He hasn’t proven anything yet in college but as a rs frosh there’s plenty of time for that, why wouldn’t we be excited? He’s rated higher than Bateman was out of high school, then again Dylan Wright was rated higher than both. But obviously the size and speed is something to be excited about.
OK. This works for me.

I was just asking. Good responses

Top Bottom