Gard in some trouble?

This is a very hefty leak, Alvarez retires and the whole thing comes apart LOL

Edit: This is kind of bush league for the players involved. Sucks about Gard ruining their experience, but anyone of them could have transferred at any time long before this. Instead they all stay their entire career at a place they weren't happy with?

It seems the prevailing player sentiment is “I just don’t know”. 🤔

Wow not even following him around this time. Just a preemptive strike before he might even speak.
Never follow. Always lead.

who is following who now?

how is grandpa today?

Wow not even following him around this time. Just a preemptive strike before he might even speak.

It's warranted. Gard has been praised adnasuem on this board for "doing it the right way," for recruiting kids and families who want to play in their system as well as anyone (except for Bennett), for being a model program, etc. This article and the comments from Reuvers are very damning. Those that have praised Gard over and over, will find that Nate Reuvers and other Badger players have different opinions of Gard than they do.

Go Gophers!!

Last edited:

Reuvers and Ford had bad senior seasons.

Maybe if Reuvers rebounded Coach would of talked to him. Nice to see a little displeasure in Bucky land.

I always laugh at those looking for a "family atmosphere."

There's no such thing anywhere other than your family.

Only young adults and those new to the workforce are stupid enough to fall for such proclamations.

This is a very hefty leak, Alvarez retires and the whole thing comes apart LOL
It would be so delicious if that happens. The Godfather kept the media on a leash and swept the problems under the rug.

Now we have Sam Dekker teeing off on former players. What a dysfunctional program.

Go Gophers!!

I think this is a potential side-effect of the new transfer rules that allow more mobility.

Under the old rules, if you were not happy, you had to jump through hoops (sorry about the pun) or sit out a year to transfer. So, I suspect some players stayed put even if they weren't 100% happy with the situation at their current school.

Now, if you don't like the coach, it's a lot easier to bolt for greener pastures.

Which means that Coaches are going to have to walk a fine line between running their program they way they want and keeping players happy. because there are only so many minutes in a game, and guys who don't get the playing time they think they deserve can now come back with - play me more or I transfer.

I suspect things are going to be a lot more difficult for any "old-school" coaches or "tough" coaches.

built did tell us this was coming. Not ideal obviously, but not scandalous either.

Funny thing Davison is coming back and he is the one the underclassmen can’t stand.

wisconsin State Journal article:

Clicky

[edit] NOT Full Audio but what was sent to the paper:

"Potter called out Gard for not having players’ backs, specifically Davison’s. Players — and some fans — felt Davison was being treated unfairly by Big Ten officials." LOL Potter seems a little out of touch as to how Davison is known to play.

Top Bottom