Games like these make me more excited for Kaliakmanis

He
I think Morgan is more accurate, but hard to say how much of that is because of all the OCs Weber went through. Weber definitely a better runner and stronger arm. Weber had some ugly ugly looking passes though (remember a number thrown at people's feet).
Weber also had Eric Decker catching all those ankle high passes.

Decker was an amazing receiver. Hands with glue on them. Too bad injuries shortened his NFL career.
For sure. Just wish he could have stayed in Denver a bit longer to get a ring.

Jason Williamson was 2x MN Gatorade Player of the Year. Also a 4*.

What was your point again?
My point was that we started last year with freshman backs at 4 and 5 on the depth chart that were recruited because they were really good. That proved out when we needed them.

Had a conversation with some guy on Twitter over the weekend. He was saying their are 100's of high school QBs in Texas that could make better decisions than Morgan. He concluded that he is one of the worst QBs in college football and that his arm, decision making ability and accuracy were all horrible. I can't post his tweets as he blocked me after I explained how stupid he was.

Morgan is limited. He's a system QB that has done pretty well overall. Not elite, but average to slightly above average. It will be nice to potentially have a QB with a bigger arm and more athleticism. At the same time we should appreciate what Morgan has done.

My thoughts exactly. Morgan has an excellent won/loss record as a starter but has his limitations. I’m ready for a QB who is athletic enough to run, has a great arm, tall in stature, and can develop into an excellent quarterback. Hopefully AK is that quarterback.

It seems like you are ignoring that Morgan had a very good game against Michigan State. I get that there is some frustration with Morgan as he is not a perfect QB. I think most would rate him at average to above average. However, I don’t see how you come away with Morgan being the biggest issue after the Purdue game. The WRs dropped a ton of passes, the OL was beaten in the run and pass game, and the RBs did next to nothing. There are very few QBs in college football that win you a game in those conditions, certainly not Mertz.
I never said that.

He was a big issue though.

Had a conversation with some guy on Twitter over the weekend. He was saying their are 100's of high school QBs in Texas that could make better decisions than Morgan. He concluded that he is one of the worst QBs in college football and that his arm, decision making ability and accuracy were all horrible. I can't post his tweets as he blocked me after I explained how stupid he was.

Morgan is limited. He's a system QB that has done pretty well overall. Not elite, but average to slightly above average. It will be nice to potentially have a QB with a bigger arm and more athleticism. At the same time we should appreciate what Morgan has done.
What the sheet kicker from Tejas failed to factor in is that Morgan us playing against college Ds and not HS Ds - and I thought some of the OTB stuff was obtuse; 🍎 and 🍊

Last edited:

Morgan is exactly the MAC qb who used to come into TCF and smoke Jerry Kill’s teams.

Hard to assume a backup will be better than a starter. If AK is better than Morgan than we are in for a treat.

Chickens before hatched. Y'all used to say the same thing about Zack. Morgan played well enough to win today. Can't say the same about the recievers, offensive line, or running backs.
Agreed. Several people thought Mertz was the savior of W. How did that work out.

Imho, MBS is becoming a liability on offense anytime he touches or is anywhere near the ball. That was his third or fourth major gaffe in 5 games this season.

The play call was fine. Pass was fine. Need to find somebody that can reliably catch in that situation.
I would tend to agree

Sorry, frustrated with the loss and hearing Mike Grimm tell me that we threw another INT

Sorry, frustrated with the loss and hearing Mike Grimm tell me that we threw another INT

Yep, Athan was 2 for 6 with 2 interceptions. Not an auspicious start but I guess he can only get better.

Still excited?
Absolutely. Ball had zip and he showed the ability to take some off and sling it. Tremendous arm talent. Give him a full week of reps and half a season and we’ll be in better shape next year.

Yep, Athan was 2 for 6 with 2 interceptions. Not an auspicious start but I guess he can only get better.
He was thrown to the lions.

I liked he went deep. I like his deep ball. This season is already done as far as goals. Play for the future. They won't, but play for the future.

Absolutely. Ball had zip and he showed the ability to take some off and sling it. Tremendous arm talent. Give him a full week of reps and half a season and we’ll be in better shape next year.
I agree, but no receivers next year, no all America center and running back.

Won't read too much into it. It was awful but that's a really tough situation. Still excited for the AK or Knuth era whenever they start.

Top Bottom