Game Thread: Gophers vs. SD State

So disappointed with this team since they have returned from Puerto Rico. I keep waiting to see the team we saw in San Juan and it's just not there. At what point is the mirage not the teams current performance, but their performance in the first handful of games?

coming in SDSU was 22 in the country at just over 40% on threes...and that's before playing the gophers

Gophs up 77-68 1:43 left. off to the bar, peace everyone! merry xmas.

They look good over the last couple of minutes. A win is a win is a win.

WHEW - the Dakota schools make me nervous. I'm glad this one is over and in the win column.

It's not that any one of these games is that bothersome..SDSU is a decent team as most of our NC have been. But the fact that we haven't put any of them away is now very troubling. We simply must come out better the first 10-15 minutes next week or we'll be down 15 points before we get our head out of our rear-end.

Anyway, the concern can be all but erased with a nice win in Madison on Tuesday.

It's not that any one of these games is that bothersome..SDSU is a decent team as most of our NC have been. But the fact that we haven't put any of them away is now very troubling. We simply must come out better the first 10-15 minutes next week or we'll be down 15 points before we get our head out of our rear-end.

Anyway, the concern can be all but erased with a nice win in Madison on Tuesday.

Yeah...this in a frickin' nutshell. We won, now let's bring on Whiskey Dick and see what happens. Maybe the close games will actually help us when Big 10 play begins.

I did, came back after my neighbor lady laid me, and got bored when she fell asleep. sorry Chief, the Doc is hovering.

Hope you reattached the colostomy bag on the way out the door.

just read something on sdsu's live blog of the game that helped me make sense of what I saw out there tonight:

"6:31 Drue Aman:
I actually recognize one of the refs tonight. I don't have the names in front of me, but it's the guy that's done the Summit League championship games the last couple of years.

Don you da man, let the haters hate. yea I will get you that $10, unless we want to make it $25 on the gophs/ndsu football game next year.

lakesbison, you are right on, man. I don't care who hates me...screw them, they don't even know me, so no big deal.

You are on for making the $10 ya owe me into $25 on next year's Bison/Gopher game. I win ya owe me $35 ($10 + $25), you win I owe ya $15 (25 - $10). Simple math? Let the games begin!!! I will even give you 2.5 points.

Let the haters hate, let the lovers love. :cool: :rockon: GO GOPHERS!!!

i attended game.

wolters plays like a young steve nash..
can go left / right.. steps back when he needs to. hesitation fakes, etc.. and he's taller than Nolen and equal to HOff in height..
his assists are all delivered on time and softly..
with him running the show at Minnie, it would be a dunkfest with trevor / rodney.

then you watch Devoe.. slow footed and cant get by anyone off the dribble... yikes.

We are built for 1/2 court big 10 brawls..

SDSU is not... neither was Winona State, et al..

they have no bigs... they all face-up... hit 3's, pass, shoot... we dont match up well with these teams...

but so what???

as long as we match up to the other big10 teams that is all that matters..

Trevor esp looks lost against these types of teams..... he has no face-up game... had that guy jump right into him as trevor was trying to get out of the way (his 4th foul)... you think sullinger or Roe will do that??? of course not... Trevor will be a double/double machine in the big10.. but probably would ride pine at SDSU.

dboy = well, we all know, are you on drugs?

anyone takes devoe 99 times over wolters,

he is such a headcase, maybe his daddy would've told him the same thing he said when he told him to backed out of a walk on CHALLENGE at NDSU, to goto SDSU (where he is currently 0-3 vs NDSU)

"look son, dont walk on at NDSU has Ben Woodside, you'll never get out of his shadow, goto sdsu"

mnpreps message board 2008, hahahaha

Just a couple of things regarding my son, Nate Wolters.

First, the earlier posting about Nate having narrowed his choices to two colleges was not true.

Also, it is true that Nate will not be going to South Dakota State. Basically, SDSU wanted Nate to sign early, but we had some concerns that could not be addressed until after the basketball season. SDSU was aware of our concerns, but continued to push for Nate to sign early and even sent the National Letter of Intent to him last week. Finally, this past weekend, it became clear that there was no reason to continue the recruiting process with them. As far as we were concerned, it ended Saturday evening with an email to the SDSU coach.

Roger Wolters

from 2008 St. Cloud Times Nate Wolters has narrowed his choice to SDSU, Augie, Minnesota State-Mankato and St Cloud State

Im sure DBOY will tell us that Devoe narrowed his choice to similiar teams. wow.

dboy = well, we all know, are you on drugs?

anyone takes devoe 99 times over wolters,

he is such a headcase, maybe his daddy would've told him the same thing he said when he told him to backed out of a walk on CHALLENGE at NDSU, to goto SDSU (where he is currently 0-3 vs NDSU)

"look son, dont walk on at NDSU has Ben Woodside, you'll never get out of his shadow, goto sdsu"

mnpreps message board 2008, hahahaha

Just a couple of things regarding my son, Nate Wolters.

First, the earlier posting about Nate having narrowed his choices to two colleges was not true.

Also, it is true that Nate will not be going to South Dakota State. Basically, SDSU wanted Nate to sign early, but we had some concerns that could not be addressed until after the basketball season. SDSU was aware of our concerns, but continued to push for Nate to sign early and even sent the National Letter of Intent to him last week. Finally, this past weekend, it became clear that there was no reason to continue the recruiting process with them. As far as we were concerned, it ended Saturday evening with an email to the SDSU coach.

Roger Wolters

from 2008 St. Cloud Times Nate Wolters has narrowed his choice to SDSU, Augie, Minnesota State-Mankato and St Cloud State

Im sure DBOY will tell us that Devoe narrowed his choice to similiar teams. wow.

who cares about his recruiting past... i hadn't even heard of him until 2-nite.
not many people can beat Nolen off the dribble.. Nate can
late in the game Hoff had him 1-on-1.. Nate went left and left Hoff standing.. drew 3 defenders and kicked out for a 3...
or burn al.. then step back and hit.
the burn al again.. this time head fake and under..

it was impressive. steve nash jr.

Steve Nash jr. shot 6-15 and had 7 turnovers in a 12 point loss. end of dicussion.

late in the game Hoff had him 1-on-1.. Nate went left and left Hoff standing.. drew 3 defenders and kicked out for a 3...

I will be shocked if this kid makes the NBA or even has a career remotely similar to that of Steve Nash's career.

Maybe he will make it, but the odds are not in his favor ...

Steve Nash jr. shot 6-15 and had 7 turnovers in a 12 point loss. end of dicussion.

Jr handled the rock for 40 minutes against five different defenders on the road in front of a hostile crowd.. not bad for a true freshman.
you are right about one thing: end of discussion :clap:

Jr handled the rock for 40 minutes against five different defenders on the road in front of a hostile crowd.. not bad for a true freshman.

Wolters is a sophomore. Sullinger is good. End of discussion.

Wow, the first non-Gopher college player I think dboy has ever praised. That must put him on the dboy All-American list.

Are you saying it's faster with Joseph dribbling around aimlessly? Or I guess it's faster when he comes down and shoots a 3 right away.

nolen is steady, but the offense is always so slow with him

I'm glad you've gotten such an accurate assessment from watching Wolters play once. Do you really think that if he has an average performance against a healthy, in shape Nolen that he has numbers even close to that?

i'd take wolters 21 / 11... he got past nolen at will

Seriously though... do you think any of that happens if this were Nolen in Puerto Rico (by that I just mean healthy, in shape, not rusty)? You sound like a complete idiot comparing him to Steve Nash. They really aren't that similar.

Top Bottom