GAME #8: Gophers (5-2) v. Chaminade (who cares) [ESPNU, 1:30 PM]

Plus only 3/19 so far from 3 point land for a whopping 16%

Doesn't have near the ballhandling ability to develop offensively much past where he is now. Just the way it is. Solid enough college player, but not as good as many think and won't be drafted.

This is wishful thinking and watching with tinted glasses by Gophers fans. He has never been an NBA prospect, nor should he be considered one at this point. He isn't a very good college SG either. He's a solid starter. I wouldn't give him better than that.

Lots of praise for the teams effort and toughness against the Cuse. Have seen pretty much zero effort today. Can't use the tired excuse. Chaminade has won 7 games total in this tourney and plenty of teams have played them in this same situation and have shown a lot more effort than this.

Jimmy Dykes needs to cool it with the Mo Walker needing touches thing. He's not a good back to the basket player.

what would your attitude be if you had to host a tournament and get creamed by some of the best D1 teams every year; you start this tournament with two straight losses (as usual), and then find out you have to play another D1 team (as usual) on day 3?

My point is, we don't have any more excuses than Chaminade has...

I'm not giving an excuse for their poor performance. I am just stating what I think is going on with our players. There is no excuse for this.

Get the ball into the lane every time down the floor.

I'm glad I'm not watching. I would have broke several things in my house by now...

Lots of praise for the teams effort and toughness against the Cuse. Have seen pretty much zero effort today. Can't use the tired excuse. Chaminade has won 7 games total in this tourney and plenty of teams have played them in this same situation and have shown a lot more effort than this.

There is NO excuse for playing like this. Pitino is going to get roasted, right wrong or indifferent hes going to be the fall guy.

Jimmy Dykes needs to cool it with the Mo Walker needing touches thing. He's not a good back to the basket player.

It doesn't matter against this team. If he can't score some buckets against this team, then he shouldn't get any time on the floor.

I think I'm going to take a break from this team until conference play.

I'm glad I'm not watching. I would have broke several things in my house by now...

I was more mad yesterday, when they had a chance to build on a decent effort against Syracuse. At this point I'm just apathetic to the situation, it's kinda liberating actually.

If either Oto or Joey takes another long jumper and Pitino doesn't rip them a new one I'm going to lose my mind.

i'm also glad i'm not watching...from the way it sounds i was one of few who was thinking about about the NCAA tournament this year...lose this game and they will need to win 12 big ten games to get in.

This team will live and die by their guard play and 3 point shooting. Right now it looks pretty pathetic.

i'm also glad i'm not watching...from the way it sounds i was one of few who was thinking about about the NCAA tournament this year...lose this game and they will need to win 12 big ten games to get in.

We're saving our tournament success for the BTT.

We have to cut the press. Tiring out our players and they cannot get back in time. Plus it just doesn't look good at all.

at least some effort the last couple of minutes.

It may be a flip-flop from the Tubby years - start slow - finish better - instead of the the other way with Tubby.

It may be a flip-flop from the Tubby years - start slow - finish better - instead of the the other way with Tubby.

What do you mean? Tubby lead us to beat MSU in the Big Ten Tournament to get us in the Dance in Milwaukee

Does Jimmy Dykes just like making up Mo's weight every time he mentions it? 270 one time, 280 another, and now he just said 290.
For the record, he's actually actually 260 lbs.

Step away from the ledge boys...

Yeah, there's so much to be positive about when you're in a tough game with a D2 team. Miss me with the "just be positive" circlejerk until there's something to be positive about.

Top Bottom