GAME #8: Gophers (5-2) v. Chaminade (who cares) [ESPNU, 1:30 PM]

Now McNeil in for Shell, I think Pitino is just trying to get everybody in the game.
I think I saw everyone get in except for Buggs. I believe that is a couple times now that even the walk-ons have gotten in and Buggs hasn't which might be pretty telling of what Pitino and staff thinks of Buggs right now.

Terrible shooting especially from beyond the arc to start together with unconscious shooting from Chaminade was the story until the end of the game when the fortunes were reversed. If the Gophers don't shoot well from 3 they will not win many games in the B1G.

I think I saw everyone get in except for Buggs. I believe that is a couple times now that even the walk-ons have gotten in and Buggs hasn't which might be pretty telling of what Pitino and staff thinks of Buggs right now.

Good point.

The Gophers have 5 players that can play in the B1G. If they finish .500 in wins Pitino should get the Purple Heart.

Terrible shooting especially from beyond the arc to start together with unconscious shooting from Chaminade was the story until the end of the game when the fortunes were reversed. If the Gophers don't shoot well from 3 they will not win many games in the B1G.

No doubt about that. We have such limited quality depth that it is imperative that Andre Hollins plays well. If he does, we will be just fine. If he plays like he has the last 3 halves, we are going to be in trouble, as we just don't have anyone who can consistently score as he can.

Eliason....where has he been today? He played a hell of a game vs. Syracuse. Today, ?

Getting pulled about 30 seconds into the second half and not seeing the floor again means one of two things. Either Pitino realized he didn't have anything left after 3 games in 3 days or Pitino was sending a message that if you're going to dog it , you're going to sit for a long time.

Pitino keeps his record intact of never having a losing streak longer than 2 games. After about 12-15 games or so we'll have a better handle on the team.

Wasn't able to catch the game. This was an a fun thread to read start-to-finish. Had all the ups and downs of hormonal teenager. Welcome to our 2013-2014 Gophers.

I think psychologically, the team was spent after their narrow loss to Syracuse. It was a great effort, and I'm sure it took a lot out of them. As the announcers suggested in the second game, the Gopher's felt much better about their opening loss than did Arkansas, and Arkansas was much more motivated to redeem themselves in that game. By the time of today's game, I believe that the team was pretty well beaten down psychologically and had an extremely hard time getting up for the game. That, combined with fatigue, I suspect accounts for much of their disappointing performances over the past two days. That doesn't necessarily portend a lack of success going forward, but I am concerned about how energized they will be for next Tuesday's game against Florida State. On top of a frustrating on court experience in Hawaii this week, they face a long flight home and a couple of days recovering from jet lag.

Well we wanted an extra scholly... has that feeling to me.

Richard Pitino knows he's in for a tough year - He is trying his best to right the ship so to speak. Let's just all chill, unless you thought that this team, this year, was going to be something special.

Richard Pitino knows he's in for a tough year - He is trying his best to right the ship so to speak. Let's just all chill, unless you thought that this team, this year, was going to be something special.

This team, this year, is something special. I love the idea that Coach P will get the guys he needs, but with College Basketball, it may take a couple of years. We are lucky to have a fun team to root for, and we will surprise some, and disappoint some. Such is the life of a new regime.

GO GOPHERS!!!

Top Bottom