GAME #27: Gophers (17-9, 6-7) v. Illinois (14-12, 3-10) [BTN, 2/19, 8:00PM]

Nice when we get the offensive rebound after burning the whole shot clock. These 70 second possessions are a lot less frustrating when we are the ones having them.

No. But he does go for the block too often when he'd be best to position himself better for a board. Still almost twice the rebounder that MW is.

He needs to get stronger. That was all I was saying.

Another lazy Austin pass... lucky it wasn't a turn over.

Oto goes from having a wide open lay up to turning the ball over all because he used a dribble when he didn't have to.

Just as I am cursing Malik for passing on a three just to give it to King to take a three, King shuts me up by draining it. Love it when a player makes a play right while I am bad-mouthing him, don't mind the taste of my own foot in my mouth.

Syracuse was #16 by Sagarin predictor rating. Pure elo (margin of victory doesn't count) they were #2 in the Sagarin ratings

Good start. But Little Dre just picked up his 2nd. Ugh.

This is such a change of game pace from the last few games. I guess it's mostly due to Illinois missing everything.

Have Matheiu ever played a played a full 1st half this season jeez!

I get the feeling we are going to have a long scoring draught that will allow Illinois back in the game. I'm a true Minnesota fan.

Caveat, they have to make shots.

With the way Mathieu gets in foul trouble, it will be awesome to have Mason next year.

Man, Dre Hollins is the master of that "bumped by the defender, throw head back" thing. I understand it's legitimate contact that should probably get called, but it's one of those things that I'd absolutely hate if I was a fan of the opposing team.

Man, Dre Hollins is the master of that "bumped by the defender, throw head back" thing. I understand it's legitimate contact that should probably get called, but it's one of those things that I'd absolutely hate if I was a fan of the opposing team.

Haha so true.

I do not like it when he does that at all. I do love the three he just drained (or, per our text messages the other night, the "gino" he just drained).

I'm kind of scared of this Illinois team suddenly getting hot from 3. Probably the only way they beat us.

Top Bottom