GAME #21: Gophers (15-5, 4-3) @ Nebraska (9-9, 1-5) [BTN, 1/26, 5:00PM]

Smith is looking great. If his hot hand doesn't last, this team is going to need to find some scoring. How the hell did a superstar like Pettaway end up in Lincoln. Damn.

honestly with the atmosphere I'm seeing on tv, I expect them to be getting some good recruits in the near future

Great scouting by Nebraska. Double Drizzy up top and cause serious issues for this team. Pretty bad so far. Not good.

We need to get the high ball screen with Joey going and he needs to knock down a 3 or 2 to make them stop doubling the high ball screens.

I'm okay with only being down 4 right now. So frustrating that BTN showed Tim Miles talking about how they would play Mathieu before the game and it worked to perfection.

Make them pay for the double. And make Pitchford land on EE's foot. According to the Badger apologists on this board, it's not a foul.

Nebraska just has so much talent. How it has one BT win is beyond me. Gophers rebounding well on defense and Smith is unconscious. I guess I'm just so surprised with the overall athleticism and ability of the Huskers. They clearing have a weight room. Lol.

The good news is, despite the fact that we have been playing terribly, we are only down four. If we bring anything close to our "A" game the rest of the way, I'm not worried.

until they can stop it, they should go inside into Mo every position

What the F is with this free throw shooting? We should have a lead right now.

Gosh, you'd think at the college level it wouldn't be so difficult for these guys to make a FREE throw.

No one on our team shoots a transition 3 better than Malik. So fortunate to have him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly don't think Eliason should play the second half. Every single player he is matched up against takes him to the perimeter and drains threes on him. He's way too uncoordinated to be able to defend at all in matchups like this.

Dammit Elliott! Less than 5 seconds left, why sag back inside!?!?

Six points forfeited at the line!

And all we had to do to get them is make UNCONTESTED shots. They call them "free" for a reason. Could have the lead if we made those, even with our boneheaded turnovers right out of the gate.

Good news is we were dominated in that half and we are only down by 5...

I honestly don't think Eliason should play the second half. Every single player he is matched up against takes him to the perimeter and drains threes on him. He's way too uncoordinated to be able to defend at all in matchups like this.

No.

Free throws guys. There is your story. They just seem so indifferent at the line like "oh well, I'll just miss three in a row. Who cares?" Frustrating. This Neb. team is 8-1 at home. Very tough place to play. Mathieau: Trying too hard. Hollins: I think we can all appreciate him for what he does, but he simply doesn't score. EE: Non-existent. Walker: Same. Smith: Nothing less than phenomenal.

That's fine you disagree. But reasoning for why EE should play significantly this half? He's just getting taken advantage of by quicker, more athletic guys. It's not his matchup.

Shooting 33% when you take away Malik, and only have 13 rebounds, one is offensive.

Why does that always happen lol?

If you live in Minnesota and are a fan of the Vikings, Twins, Wolves and especially the Gophers, unfortunately we have come to expect some type of let-downs in games like this.

Good news is we were dominated in that half and we are only down by 5...

Why is it that Nebraska can't shoot to save their lives...until they play the Gophers, then they can't miss?

Nebraska has scored what, a few points in the interior? About time they spread the D and guard the 3. This reminds me of Tubby defense and I didn't like it then and don't like it now. Until Nebraska can prove they can score inside, guard them outside.

The Gophers appear to have little energy so far today. Better bring a lot of it in the second half or it's going to be a loss. I have a feeling Pitino won't let them sleepwalk through another half.

Mathieu needs to pass earlier when the double-team comes. Do what Oto did - as soon as the double-team starts coming, pass to the guy left wide open (in that case EE).

Some clueless guy earlier posted that EE shouldn't play in the second half because he's too "uncoordinated" leading to their 3's. That's about as moronic a statement as I've ever heard, considering his footwork and D in general is about 3 to 4 times faster/better than his replacement. If he wanted to argue that Mo is a better scorer, that would be a worthwhile argument. But claiming that Mo would guard the 3 better is simply naieve.

Top Bottom