Gabe in Portal

Let's pump the brakes on the Johnson narrative. Trying to stop an in-state player from transferring after playing 3 years here is apples and oranges to bringing in-state HS recruits. Not getting Race is more of an indictment than losing Gabe, although that is still not nearly the same as losing out on an in-state HS kid you were probably working on for multiple years.
I am on the record. Pitino was close. This firing has set gopher basketball back 5 years. Embarrassing. And getting worse.

Let's pump the brakes on the Johnson narrative. Trying to stop an in-state player from transferring after playing 3 years here is apples and oranges to bringing in-state HS recruits. Not getting Race is more of an indictment than losing Gabe, although that is still not nearly the same as losing out on an in-state HS kid you were probably working on for multiple years.
It doesn’t say a whole lot, but it’s sure not giving fans much to feel good about. you are right, though, local recruiting yields will theoretically be seen after a couple of seasons of building relationships.

What we are seeing now is a coach with no track record or roster try to convince guys looking for a second chance to play at Minnesota. Obviously if you want a fresh start, have 1-2 years left, and want a chance to make a run... this is not the place to transfer. No fault of BJ, just kinda the situation this off-season.

I am on the record. Pitino was close. This firing has set gopher basketball back 5 years. Embarrassing. And getting worse.
Yes he was close alright, close to the bottom of the conference all to often. IT won’t be 5 years but it will take two to three years to get it going in the right direction. I like the staff, give him a chance to actually recruit some players, institute his vision then lets talk. We weren’t going anywhere under Pitino, and I actually liked the guy but he got us nowhere.

Yes he was close alright, close to the bottom of the conference all to often. IT won’t be 5 years but it will take two to three years to get it going in the right direction. I like the staff, give him a chance to actually recruit some players, institute his vision then lets talk. We weren’t going anywhere under Pitino, and I actually liked the guy but he got us nowhere.
Agreed. I was disappointed in the hire over potential others no doubt but let's Ben go to work a little bit here. I'm not ready to hit the abort button because Gabe goes elsewhere.

It doesn’t say a whole lot, but it’s sure not giving fans much to feel good about. you are right, though, local recruiting yields will theoretically be seen after a couple of seasons of building relationships.

What we are seeing now is a coach with no track record or roster try to convince guys looking for a second chance to play at Minnesota. Obviously if you want a fresh start, have 1-2 years left, and want a chance to make a run... this is not the place to transfer. No fault of BJ, just kinda the situation this off-season.

Need some good news. A few transfers committing this week would go a long way right now but doesn't seem like anything imminent.

Need some good news. A few transfers committing this week would go a long way right now but doesn't seem like anything imminent.
Yeah. I’m warming up to the few guys they brought in, but we’ve lost some of my favorites in the last couple of weeks.

Top Bottom