Frost Melt - all things 2022 Nebraska implosion thread

Corn Nation guy must have exploded, he didn't put up a post game response video.

Those are my favorite...

I’ll agree that Nebraska has better fan support and more Booster money, but are their facilities really better after all the upgrades Minnesota has done? And recruiting may be a little easier at Nebbie, but that gap is closing.

More booster money would be helpful. Considering that the Eagles' players raved about the U of M's facilities when they practiced there, I'd say that our facilities have to be top notch. As far as Nebraska's "fan support" that's a double edged sword. On the positive side, they live and die for Nebraska football but their expectations have been tempered significantly since their glory days. On the negative side, a head football coach there is living in a fishbowl. It's actually a positive thing for many coaches that every Tom, Dick, and Ellie walking the streets in the Twin Cities metro isn't ga-ga about Gopher sports. You have enough of a population to have decent attendance and good viewership but not every person in a restaurant is staring at you or coming up to your table if you go out for dinner.

That’s incredible. I’d love to know Bo’s true thoughts every time he sees the results of another Nebraska game.
Bo got fired for non football reasons more than football reasons.
Football wasn’t good enough to call the AD female genetialia to boosters and keep the job

Them not getting the right guy after doesn’t make Bo the right guy. He was embarrassing the university to their own boosters

Was in Lincoln for the victory in 2014. Got to the minivan in time to hear the post-game show on the Husker football flagship radio station. It was brutal. Pellini threw everyone under the bus while all others were doing the same to him.

We had a great game plan that day. Was a lot of fun to be there in person.

I went thru the thread and didn't see it.

Love this guy

His meltdowns are entertaining, but it's almost to the point where it's gotten old.
How many times can you say the team played like sh.... and meltdown like he does.

It was original the first time, but he's doing it almost every week now.

His meltdowns are entertaining, but it's almost to the point where it's gotten old.
How many times can you say the team played like sh.... and meltdown like he does.

There’s a reason for that; he can only use the material the Nebraska football program gives him!

I agree but still it's Nebraska and most of all he lives up here in the Twin Cities. He'll get my clicks until Big Red of old is back to its former glory...which hopefully is not for a long time.

Better fan support, more money, better facilities, easier recruiting. PJ has the confidence he could win big with that type of support. PJ’s personality isn’t going to allow him to get a job at a established blue blood program at its peak.
Being the only show in town will get you that fan support, whether they want to or not. That's a Nebby fan.

Football wasn’t good enough to call the AD female genetialia to boosters and keep the job

Them not getting the right guy after doesn’t make Bo the right guy. He was embarrassing the university to their own boosters
Yeah, there are some parallels between Mason and Pelini getting fired. It was time for both to go, the true mistakes were made in who was hired after them.

What else can he really do....they keep losing in heartbreaking fashion over and over and over and over again. He posts other content besides the post game recaps.

I believe he had aready been fired when he made those comments.

Their boosters likely deserved it.

Glass half full for Frost. He already has the best 3 and 9 team on his resume. Now he is on track to have the best 2 and 10.

Better fan support, more money, better facilities, easier recruiting. PJ has the confidence he could win big with that type of support. PJ’s personality isn’t going to allow him to get a job at a established blue blood program at its peak.
Easier recruiting? I don't think so anymore. Osborn won there when he could over-recruit and when he could get marginally-literate criminals eligible. Honestly, Lincoln is probably the least attractive market in the B1G to play in, and honestly, possibly one of the least attractive in all of the P5 for a young player. Pullman (Wazzu) and Starkville (Miss. St.) come to mind as places that may be worse.

Easier recruiting? I don't think so anymore. Osborn won there when he could over-recruit and when he could get marginally-literate criminals eligible. Honestly, Lincoln is probably the least attractive market in the B1G to play in, and honestly, possibly one of the least attractive in all of the P5 for a young player. Pullman (Wazzu) and Starkville (Miss. St.) come to mind as places that may be worse.
When Nebraska was in the Big 8, they could recruit the fertile Texas and Oklahoma area. And their success brought them California recruits too. Now their closest in conference big football recruiting state is Illinois, but every other B1G school, except PSU, Maryland and Rutgers, are closer to Chicago than they are.

Top Bottom