Frost Melt - all things 2022 Nebraska implosion thread

Some guy

Reaction score
Xavier Betts is apparently off the team right now

Though possibly not off team permanently

I recently read in the Lincon Journal Star that the new WR coach has told the players that they had better be starters, or else.

I recently read in the Lincon Journal Star that the new WR coach has told the players that they had better be starters, or else.
The problem with that strategy is if everyone quits the team

I also read that the new OL coach's previous job was with the Chicago Bears.
He was being paid $15/hour.

From the outside at least PJ's positive motivation style seems so much better than the negative / mopey vibe you get from Frost. Hard to know what happens inside a program but the outside vibe is so different.

As a college kid I was pretty skeptical of all things so I probabbly wouldn't have responded much to PJ's style and thought all that talk was just talk ... but I sure would rather be around positive stuff than Nebraska's atmosphere.

Frost: “If the players need me to motivate them or come up with a unique slogan to play harder, I probably don't have the right players. "I played for a coach in Coach (Tom) Osborne, he didn't need all the sayings and slogans. He just taught us the right way to do things.”Oct 15, 2021

Add Xavier Betts to the list.

Maybe Trev Alberts has motivated him.

I also read that the new OL coach's previous job was with the Chicago Bears.
He was being paid $15/hour.
At first I thought you were joking but I did some reading and that does seem to be the rumor (source was Olin Kreutz).

At first I thought you were joking but I did some reading and that does seem to be the rumor (source was Olin Kreutz).
Wasn't he highly successful as a player? I don't know about that, but I know I've heard that name a lot at certain time timeframe. Maybe get $26/hour at nebraska. Plus a commercial for extra cash.

Frost: “If the players need me to motivate them or come up with a unique slogan to play harder, I probably don't have the right players. "I played for a coach in Coach (Tom) Osborne, he didn't need all the sayings and slogans. He just taught us the right way to do things.”Oct 15, 2021

Add Xavier Betts to the list.

Maybe Trev Alberts has motivated him.

He played in a different era WOW.
Did they have them intelligent 📞 and net inter then there 2?

Last edited:

I hear the FPI was created by delusional Cornball boosters! That UNL ejacayshin has served them well!!!

NE does have a very favorable BIG schedule.
But they still have to beat MN, WI and IA without Martinez.

probably an easier task than beating them with martinez
I know this is A little bit sarcastic but people who rag on martinez need to remember who his backup is

I think Nebraska may take a step backward this year

It is hard to tell how Nebraska's season will ultimately come out with an infusion of what appears on paper to be better coaches. They lost so many close games last season that were winnable.

They are scary and unpredictable right now. With an exception or two, they continue to have top twenties recruiting classes. Will they do something with them under the Scott Frost Era?

I know this is A little bit sarcastic but people who rag on martinez need to remember who his backup is

I agree that Nebraska might take a step backwards on offense. Like Martinez or not, Nebraska (with mediocre RBs) put up more yards per game on offense than any team in the B1G except tOSU—in large measure due to dual-threat Martinez. New QB probably has a better passing IQ, but he isn’t a dual threat. Offense needs to be re-tooled some, and RBs need to contribute way more. Problem for Nebraska last year was that both offense and defense were mistake prone when it mattered, in crunch time. Nebraska always seem to be near the top talent wise, but flounders because of poor game planning and coaching. Might be the Frost Effect.

I wasn't super impressed with Martinez when he played against us, but his overall stats are decent. I do think he gets a bad rap. He was above average for the Big Ten.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Martinez's play consistently led to excruciating defeats for the Huskers. Michigan State and Minnesota come to mind immediately.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. Martinez's play consistently led to excruciating defeats for the Huskers. Michigan State and Minnesota come to mind immediately.
Without martinez, Michigan stage probably shuts out Nebraska IMO

So yeah he blew it. But there wouldn’t be a critical moment to blow without him

I wasn't super impressed with Martinez when he played against us, but his overall stats are decent. I do think he gets a bad rap. He was above average for the Big Ten.
He was injured during the MN/NE game
He was overrated early in his career. He is underrated now.
He is an above average big ten QB but he isn’t good enough to make a bad team good

Just looking at recruiting rankings is particularly misleading in the case of Nebraska, because they have had so much roster churn under Frost. They might bring in ten 4 stars a year, but only have 20 on the roster.

Red balloons suspended.
Makes sense.

With Adrian martinez taking a snap…Scott frost is 14-25 (36%)
Without he is 1-4 (20%)

Until they offer PJ more money than Minnesota can compete with along with NiL deals to make his recruiting easier.
Why would you go to Nebraska if you are PJ fleck?

I could see him leaving but not for that relic program.

It would be like a coach leaving for the naval academy in the 80s

Why would you go to Nebraska if you are PJ fleck?

I could see him leaving but not for that relic program.

It would be like a coach leaving for the naval academy in the 80s
Better fan support, more money, better facilities, easier recruiting. PJ has the confidence he could win big with that type of support. PJ’s personality isn’t going to allow him to get a job at a established blue blood program at its peak.

Top Bottom