From KFAN: Camp Thoughts

Nate

cum grano salis
Reaction score
http://m.kfan.com/onair/gopher-blog-35312/camp-thoughts-12628391

Year 4 of the Jerry Kill era officially kicks off with the start of camp today. I think the Gophers make a bowl for a 3rd straight year. I think the program continues to improve and continues to trend upward. I think the offense will once again be able to run the ball and control the clock. I think the defense will continue it’s great play and be better than a year ago, despite losing impact players (including 2 to the NFL). Those are things I think I know as camp starts…here is what I’m not sure about yet:

I think Gaard does a great job in terms of his Gopher-related stuff.

Yeah, Gaard is mostly fine in my book. Showing up to camp in a Hawkeye windbreaker aside.

lets be honest this was written before camp, offers little to what happened, a mention to listen. If he wants to be the go to reporter on the Gophers he has to bring more than this.

Well, he actually did it.

Today? What an a$$. I could see five years ago when his station wasn't part of the Gopher Network and he was a freshly puked out iowa grad. He's been a really good Gopher ambassador these last few seasons, but if he wore rabdo sh!t to camp today....F-him!

Today? What an a$$. I could see five years ago when his station wasn't part of the Gopher Network and he was a freshly puked out iowa grad. He's been a really good Gopher ambassador these last few seasons, but if he wore rabdo sh!t to camp today....F-him!

It was last year, maybe two years ago.

Well, That makes me feel slightly better...

Since he hasn't done it since perhaps he got the message that was done in poor taste. Hopefully he learned something from it.

Jesus, we have a thread talking about that dipsh*t's jacket?????

Worse than that?

Jesus, we have a thread talking about that dipsh*t's jacket?????

You and I continued to read it all the way to conclusion as we posted. That's the real question...how dumb are we? Ha

I take it you wouldn't mind if reporters then show up with Wisconsin,Iowa and other colleges colors? Just curious.
They don't work for the team (Gaard does kind of since he is through KFAN through Leerfield) I couldn't care less what they wear to practice.

I take it you wouldn't mind if reporters then show up with Wisconsin,Iowa and other colleges colors? Just curious.

What the heck I will jump into this stupid conversation. Gaard's mistake aside any real sports reporter would be smart enough to know you don't go to a team's practice wearing gear from a rival if you expect to get anything of value out of the local team. Just common sense....but I know that doesn't always fly well around here.

What the heck I will jump into this stupid conversation. Gaard's mistake aside any real sports reporter would be smart enough to know you don't go to a team's practice wearing gear from a rival if you expect to get anything of value out of the local team. Just common sense....but I know that doesn't always fly well around here.
+1. Regardless of whether he did it before or after KFAN became the voice of gopher football it flat out lacks common sense and is at least worthy of conversation. I do like Gaard's coverage nowadays though and could care less if deep down he's still a Hawkeye fan. This state needs all the decent Gopher coverage on the radio it can get.

Regardless of whether he did it before or after KFAN became the voice of gopher football it flat out lacks common sense and is at least worthy of conversation. I do like Gaard's coverage nowadays though and could care less if deep down he's still a Hawkeye fan. This state needs all the decent Gopher coverage on the radio it can get.

Agree.....

+1. Regardless of whether he did it before or after KFAN became the voice of gopher football it flat out lacks common sense and is at least worthy of conversation. I do like Gaard's coverage nowadays though and could care less if deep down he's still a Hawkeye fan. This state needs all the decent Gopher coverage on the radio it can get.

Agree with the current assessment of Gaard. Also agree with the "worthy of conversation" comment with a minor amendment:

The Great Windbreaker Insult was worthy of conversation for a short time immediately after it happened. But here and now, as something to get all worked up about, or even have a passing thought about, the GWI has long since passed its expiration date.

Pretty sure if I foolishly wore an Iowa jacket/shirt/hat to a Gopher practice I would have A) been asked to leave, or B) been used as a tackling dummy for a drill.

Neither of those things happened to me.

Pretty sure if I foolishly wore an Iowa jacket/shirt/hat to a Gopher practice I would have A) been asked to leave, or B) been used as a tackling dummy for a drill.

Sorry JG. Gopherhole says it happened so....... Fact doesn't matter here.

Mr Gaard-

1. Many credible posters have defended you as one of the good people in the media as far as the Gophers go. I commend you for that. I have no reason to disagree.

2. The article you wrote that is linked in the OP is weak sauce. Please turn up the juice! Our Golden Gophers are worth it. They are going to have a great season!

So, positively4thstreet.......care to comment??? Kind of a harsh false allegation you threw out there.

JG,

I hope you bring back your "on the flight home" column you wrote two years ago. You have a unique vantage point (literally and figuratively) on the sidelines and traveling with the team, and I always looked forward to it as it provided insight that we didn't get any where else.

Go Gophers!!

My apologies, Mr. Gaard. While making fun of the never forgive, never forget nature of Gopherhole, it did not occur to me that the story itself could have been apocryphal.

Top Bottom