Rutgers and USC (11pm EST)
IIlinois and Nebraska
Purdue and Oregon
Purdue and Michigan State
UCLA and Washington
Northwestern and Maryland
Michigan St and Oregon
Washington and Rutgers

I hope both of Rutgers fans can stay awake for that 11 PM game.

FOX Announces Friday night football

Iowa and UCLA
Rutgers and USC (11pm EST)
IIlinois and Nebraska
Purdue and Oregon
Purdue and Michigan State
UCLA and Washington
Northwestern and Maryland
Michigan St and Oregon
Washington and Rutgers

Interesting to see some newer bigger name schools embrace Friday night games as people have commented it was reserved for the lesser schools.

Interesting to see some newer bigger name schools embrace Friday night games as people have commented it was reserved for the lesser schools.
I remember Loyd Carr whining and complaining about having to play the #17 ranked Gophers on Friday night, Oct 10, 2003. A bunch of hookie about student athletes missing a day of classes, screwing up the weekly schedule, etc. Don't remember him saying anything about that BS after the legendary second half Gopher meltdown and a 37-34 W for Micheeeegen.

I personally don't mind Friday games, especially in Eastern time zones, however, playing Michigan State at Autzen (assuming a night game) on Friday just kills the national audience. We also, got a Friday with Purdue at Purdue, two Friday's for my Ducks, so it's interesting and we'll see how it shakes out.

Friday games are dumb and I’m glad we avoid them

I remember Loyd Carr whining and complaining about having to play the #17 ranked Gophers on Friday night, Oct 10, 2003. A bunch of hookie about student athletes missing a day of classes, screwing up the weekly schedule, etc. Don't remember him saying anything about that BS after the legendary second half Gopher meltdown and a 37-34 W for Micheeeegen.
I still have nightmares. I turned to my wife after a long touchdown run and said we are going to win this game. How foolish of me...

So basically all PAC schools (who are used to this garbage already) and only lower level B1G “classic” teams. Surprised we didn’t get stuck with one. I’m sure since we don’t have one this year, we’ll have one next year. Guessing tOSU, MI, and PSU never have to deal with this.

So basically all PAC schools (who are used to this garbage already) and only lower level B1G “classic” teams. Surprised we didn’t get stuck with one. I’m sure since we don’t have one this year, we’ll have one next year. Guessing tOSU, MI, and PSU never have to deal with this.

We played a night game at Fresno. I happened to go. Night games happen. Happens in all the pro leagues. Its part of playing all over the country. So what.

We played a night game at Fresno. I happened to go. Night games happen. Happens in all the pro leagues. It’s part of playing all over the country. So what.
I don’t have a problem with away games on Friday nights. But home games are a PITA. You have to take time off from work to tailgate, and the U is terrible with the logistics on non-Saturday games. If the game is at 7, I have to take the kids out of school early to get to tailgating. If it’s at 8, it gets crazy late for kids. I’m not into HS football, but that complaint is totally valid as well.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if we're exempt from a Friday home game since we always open at home on a Thursday? Taking 2 home games off of Saturdays would be criminal. If true, I suppose that wouldn't prevent them from sticking us with a Friday away game.

Does anyone know if we're exempt from a Friday home game since we always open at home on a Thursday? Taking 2 home games off of Saturdays would be criminal. If true, I suppose that wouldn't prevent them from sticking us with a Friday away game.
We played Indiana at home on a Friday in 2018, so no we are not exempt.

Worst Gopher loss I can remember. I was planning to go the Rose Bowl in the 3rd quarter with my buddies...

This is what people said out the games on Peacock too but tOSU had one B1G game and I think PSU and Michigan had OOC games on 🦚

At one time the BIG did not schedule Friday night games as they did not want to conflict with high school games.

This is what people said out the games on Peacock too but tOSU had one B1G game and I think PSU and Michigan had OOC games on 🦚
Given the logistic issues that Ohio St, Michigan & Penn St would have of bringing in 100,000 spectators on a day that presumably school would be in session, they all have a completely valid reason (in my opinion) to be exempt from hosting a Friday Night game.

His biggest complaint was when the time of a game was unknown because of the Twins schedule.

But a day after bitching he made a very conciliatory statement ... I suspect someone at Michigan tapped him on the shoulder. Some kinds of complaints just aren't aired publicly ...

As long as it doesn't become a yearly tradition & it's maybe once an every 3-4 year thing, I guess I don't really have a huge problem with it.

I'm good with OSU/MI/PSU not having to ever host any Friday games, but I wouldn't mind if they were made to have a Friday road game once every 5 years or so.

Obviously we all prefer Saturday games, but the way things are now, it is what it is.

We have our Thursday games and it's already kind of a mess with parking/traffic. The Thursday game vs Ohio St a couple years ago was a disaster. It took 2 hours from the time I exited 35W on University to get into the game (traffic was bad and ramps were full).

Saturday night would be much more do-able than a Friday night.

At one time the BIG did not schedule Friday night games as they did not want to conflict with high school games.
It is stupid as hell. No interest in Friday games. If your a season ticket holder with high school athletes playing on Friday, you should get a refund for that game.

I learned two things 40 years ago. Arrive early and stay late. Get off the freeways and find a much easier route to your parking spot.

It is stupid as hell. No interest in Friday games. If your a season ticket holder with high school athletes playing on Friday, you should get a refund for that game.
How about the people with younger kids that have activities on Saturday's.....are they allowed to get refunds? In 2022, I made it to the bank for 8 quarters (2nd half of Colorado, 2nd Half of Purdue & the Rutgers game) missing the rest with due to activities.

Every day & timeslot has a potential conflict. Get a ticket or don't. But if you do & can't make it....them's the breaks!

Heck do High School football games happen on Fridays reliably anymore?

That Game 100% gutted me. worst loss as i fan i have experienced.

We don't talk about the Meltdown in the Metrodome lol

We have our Thursday games and it's already kind of a mess with parking/traffic. The Thursday game vs Ohio St a couple years ago was a disaster. It took 2 hours from the time I exited 35W on University to get into the game (traffic was bad and ramps were full).

Saturday night would be much more do-able than a Friday night.
Weekday football games here are a disaster, campus isn't built for it. If all games were Saturday night, I'd be all for that.

Top Bottom