Former Players Reaction to Tubby being fired

HOOP DREAMS

Reaction score
Eye of the Tiger ‏@MrSuperSmitty 21m Yes!!!!! Tubby Smith fired!!!!! Fvck u Tubby! I hated you as a coach and person the first day I met u!!! Bring on Flip Saunders!!!

I guess Brandon Smith is happy, but have some class.

Dame ‏@VIPJohnson34 13m I hope to hell the school doesn't hire Eric Musselman he would be worse than Coach Smith for the players psyche and confidence we need flip

Eye of the Tiger ‏@MrSuperSmitty 21m Yes!!!!! Tubby Smith fired!!!!! Fvck u Tubby! I hated you as a coach and person the first day I met u!!! Bring on Flip Saunders!!!

I guess Brandon Smith is happy, but have some class.

Dame ‏@VIPJohnson34 13m I hope to hell the school doesn't hire Eric Musselman he would be worse than Coach Smith for the players psyche and confidence we need flip

wow

Brandon Smith = "Playa"??

that is just cheap and low down. have a few words for brandon smith.......who in the hell are you anyways? oh yeah, a kid who left the program in tubby's first year and didn't make anything more of himself as a b-ball player like you thought you would.

have some class son......have some class and grow up.

Brandon Smith:
-Senior in high school leaves after thrre games
-Freshman suspended for academic reasons halfway through season
-Sophomore suspended for breaking team rules
-Junior (Tubby's first year) Leaves team in October.

Apparently he had problems with the coach at Patrick Henry, Monson, Molinari and Smith.

I wonder if he is tweeting on his break at Chipotle.

Granted Smith clearly had his problems but I have heard it from several coaches via the AAU circuit and a former Grad assistant under Tubby that his whole staff was morons and you wouldn't believe the things that are said to these kids in the locker room.

Brandon Smith:
-Senior in high school leaves after thrre games
-Freshman suspended for academic reasons halfway through season
-Sophomore suspended for breaking team rules
-Junior (Tubby's first year) Leaves team in October.

Apparently he had problems with the coach at Patrick Henry, Monson, Molinari and Smith.

I wonder if he is tweeting on his break at Chipotle.

:D

The last thing I heard from Brandon Smith was, "Would you like fries with that?"

The only player reactions that I really care about are the new recruits and the players with eligibility.

@AmeliaRayno: Mbakwe said that Tubby Smith's old-school/tough approach made a few players uncomfortable. #Gophers

Amelia Rayno ‏@AmeliaRayno Mbakwe, who has also played under Tom Crean at Marquette, said he and others were fine with that approach.

Dame ‏@VIPJohnson34 @AmeliaRayno that exactly what caused problems with the last couple teams the players couldn't handle old school style compared to my sr yr

Amelia Rayno ‏@AmeliaRayno (1/2) Mbakwe: "It’s a new generation and kids aren’t as tough-nosed as hard as how they used to be and I think that sometimes ..." #Gophers

Amelia Rayno ‏@AmeliaRayno (2/2) Mbakwe: "... it was probably hard for some players to deal with." #Gophers

Devoe Joseph ‏@DevoeJoseph grateful for everything i learned under Coach Smith n his staff it made me a better player in the end i wish him n the uofm goodluck

I don't think any one would have a problem with a tough, hard-nosed approach. The important thing is to recruit players that can handle that.

Top Bottom