Former Gopher A.J. Barker arrested UPDATED 5/9: Sid says AJ wants back on team

It has EVERYTHING to do with what has been discussed here. I have been discussing it for weeks in this thread. If you don't agree with it that is your problem and the problem of your family and other people who know you. Check the poll. Roughly 45% of GopherHole posters agree with my perspective on this matter. AJ is not a criminal. He did a really dumb thing but to take the position that he should not allowed him back on the team no matter how many people times he apologizes to his teammates and coaching staff is an incredibly disgusting and pathetic point of view. I have nothing but contempt for people who think like that. Are you one of those people?

The cops who arrested him in Houston would say otherwise.

I once threw a huge temper tantrum at Pizza Hut when I was a kid. We left early because of it. I apologized when we got home and my parents forgave me. That still didn't mean we turned around and went back. There are still consequences for your actions.
Yeah, but the real question is did Pizza Hut ever invite you back?

Speaking as a retired proctologist, I had one patient that did not like the plan we had to fix his problems. He went for acupuncture instead and died. Such is life.

It has EVERYTHING to do with what has been discussed here. I have been discussing it for weeks in this thread. If you don't agree with it that is your problem and the problem of your family and other people who know you. Check the poll. Roughly 45% of GopherHole posters agree with my perspective on this matter. AJ is not a criminal. He did a really dumb thing but to take the position that he should not allowed him back on the team no matter how many people times he apologizes to his teammates and coaching staff is an incredibly disgusting and pathetic point of view. I have nothing but contempt for people who think like that. Are you one of those people?

No one agrees with your lack of perspective. You think Kill should apologize to AJ in order to beg for him to return to the team. I don't think anyone except you holds that belief.

As to your latest argument about him being allowed back because he didn't commit a crime. . .are you serious?

If you have a girlfriend, tell her that she's a fat and ugly person who is terrible in bed and that you're leaving the loveless swamp of a relationship to see someone else. Then, ask to have her back. You didn't commit a crime by saying any of those things, she should take you back right?

You know what, you should walk out of work early one day and tell the boss you think he's a complete moron and leave all of your work to your coworkers to cover up. Then, after failing to find work elsewhere, you should see if the boss will give you your old job back. I mean, you didn't commit a crime, right?

No one agrees with your lack of perspective. You think Kill should apologize to AJ in order to beg for him to return to the team. I don't think anyone except you holds that belief.

As to your latest argument about him being allowed back because he didn't commit a crime. . .are you serious?

If you have a girlfriend, tell her that she's a fat and ugly person who is terrible in bed and that you're leaving the loveless swamp of a relationship to see someone else. Then, ask to have her back. You didn't commit a crime by saying any of those things, she should take you back right?

You know what, you should walk out of work early one day and tell the boss you think he's a complete moron and leave all of your work to your coworkers to cover up. Then, after failing to find work elsewhere, you should see if the boss will give you your old job back. I mean, you didn't commit a crime, right?

+1
And it seems so logical to some of us. Oh well.

Well said Bob.

FWIW...let's quit kicking a "dead horse"! Enough is enough. AJ had
his time in the sun...had some success...and then screwed it up.

Too bad to see...but life is not fair and we should all learn to enjoy
the journey! We have all messed up along the way. We all can say
that we have learned from the experience...the hard way at times!

Let's move on to the positives and the good things that are happening
with Gopher Football.

+1 Bob you certainly capture what many of us feel is the problem with Go4Broke's logic. Unfortunately I doubt it will change his mind. That's okay but how much longer do we have to listen to this broken record?:horse:

The worst part is this unending string is not based any facts but on a possible meeting that may or may not have occurred between Kill and Barker.

I think it is entertaining trying to watch AJ defend himself in the third person

Reading this thread, I usually have strong feelings about a subject and am not easily swayed, but reading this thread was like watching a tennis match, back and forth, back and forth. One poster would make a good point and I'd be thinking yeah, forgive him and let him on the team, and then the next poster would make a really good counter point and I'd think, screw him, don't let him on the team, and my opinion went back and forth about a dozen times. I should have quit reading but I was close enough to the end I forced myself to read to the end. What a friggin waste of time that was.

Did I end up in either camp? No. I don't care. Feel bad that the situation ever happened and that it still doesn't seem to be completely behind us and in our past. I really hope it doesn't come back to bite us somehow, things seems to be up on the upswing. But I'll just simply trust that Kill will make the decision he feels is in the best interest of the program as a whole.

Furthermore, you will never catch me siding with a coach of ANY college team over a 20-year old player who has become the target of a bunch of internet yahoos many of whom failed miserably at sports themselves. And more than a few of whom would not be where they are in life without the understanding and forgiveness of people in their lives who were willing on multiple occasions to overlook the stupid things they did when they were young and immature.

Hey Go4Broke --

First of all, I'm a little perturbed by what you are calling the bunch of posters who you are discussing this issue with. I am sure it is out of ignorance, but its a very offensive term to some.
Also, what do you determine to be a "miserable failure" in sports? Right now it seems that AJ is a miserable failure. If the Creator had blessed me with his natural talents, I can guarantee you I would have ended up an All-American. But I wasn't, and yet still did fairly well for myself. My guess is if AJ had been given my body, with his attitude, he wouldn't have done half of what I did. So maybe compared to many pros and collegians many of us in this forum weren't as successful as them, but how exactly to you measure success? If we were All-Conf in high school, got scholarship offers, or walked on somewhere, or got a scholarship but didn't excel at the next level, BUT did NOT quit on our team, and did NOT go all pyro and burn all our bridges, but instead went on to get our degrees, and to get jobs, and to raise families and NOT get arrested for some drug related offense? Then are we still miserable failures?!

And what have you done that is such an outstanding success in sports?!

Who are you to call anyone a failure?!

came back to the thread hoping for news....dang Homer Mid Season pennant was right...he is always right.

came back to the thread hoping for news....dang Homer Mid Season pennant was right...he is always right.

[The comet hits the atmosphere over Springfield, crumbling until it lands as a harmless rock smaller than a nearby Chihuahua's head.]
Lisa: I can't believe that extra-thick layer of pollution that I've actually picketed against burned up the comet.
Bart: But what's really amazing is that this is exactly what dad said would happen.
Lisa: Yeah, dad was right.
Homer: I know, kids. I'm scared too.

;-)

Perfect!!!

So has anybody heard anything about this meeting between AJ\Kill? I never heard any media mention it....usually MN sports media goes ape crap over stories like this.

I'm always thrilled when a poster I have ignore listed gets slapped around. I'm even more thrilled when a poster I have ignore listed gets a response from another poster I have ignore listed. Is that wrong?

I'm always thrilled when a poster I have ignore listed gets slapped around. I'm even more thrilled when a poster I have ignore listed gets a response from another poster I have ignore listed. Is that wrong?

It is not wrong at all. It is something we all live for. Would any of us spend as much time in GopherHole if periodically we didn't get an opportunity to achieve those kinds of victories? I don't think so.

From a Chick-Fill-A Character Poster

"Peace-Proving you care more about each other than winning an argument"

C'mon. Haven't you ever had a really crummy day where you just let loose, wanting to crush somebody to tiny bits?

Pretty sure George Costanza attempted that last example.

Contrary to rumors elsewhere, there is no chance wide receiver A.J. Barker will be rejoining the Gophers

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/c...rs-schedule-points-minnesota-vikings-toward-9

Those little quick hitter tidbits that Walters does are pretty annoying, he never backs them up with anything. But this situation does seem to make sense. I am thinking when AJ and Kill met, AJ asked about coming back to the team, and getting a scholarship, Kill maybe welcomed him back, but told him he had to start where he did last year, near the bottom of the depth chart, far away from a scholarship.

per Sid:

Neither Kill nor any of the Gophers coaches will talk about it, but the word is that wide receiver A.J. Barker, who quit the football squad last year after having differences with the program, wanted to come back to the team, but that apparently isn’t going to happen.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/206701521.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

I can't blame the staff for not wanting to put with AJ. He's a talented guy, but he might be in the Jewhan Edwards category of not worth the risk/hassel.

For those of you that were saying A J was the victim, this is called burning bridges.

Top Bottom