For those who want Claeys gone, who is your hire?

I don't understand how Fleck is realistic unless he is a real special type of character. Why not wait one more year at WMU for a different elite school job to open up if one isn't this year? I wouldn't even risk an intermediate hop to the U. For some saying his star could fade at WMU, he could tread water getting his own system going here in the B10 as well.

Something big is going to open for Fleck after 2017, probably.

That's possible. I read somewhere that Coyle contacted Fleck last year for the Syracuse job and Fleck wasn't interested. I think Coyle already knows if Fleck is realistic or not.

That's possible. I read somewhere that Coyle contacted Fleck last year for the Syracuse job and Fleck wasn't interested. I think Coyle already knows if Fleck is realistic or not.

If Fleck is hired and keeps even 1 assistant, it is his 7th year, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't care if a name didn't come. A name is less important than a quality coach.
At one time urban Meyer, nick saban, Chris Peterson were not names.

Strong - Couldn't beat Kansas with far better talent at Texas
Chiffon - Without a doubt the biggest D-bag in coaching at any level, do your research people, this guy is not our guy.
Fleck - Appears to be heading to Purdue, which I don't get.
Bielema - Other than picking up Wisconsin's trash, could be interesting.
Aranda - I want more experience than he has, a true reach.
Miles - Is 89 years old, probably doesn't make our offense any better.

My crystal ball says Claeys is back, and he should be! Let's go get Applewhite as O coordinator and just call it a day, I can look past his personal shortcomings.

I heard the O line coach at Penn State had a good year, maybe we could hire him!

Does it really matter!! We are going no where with Claeys. Let's take a chance on anyone. What do we have to lose. Next year, no one is coming to the games. Time for change.

There is room to improve. They are close right now. They have been in every single game since Kill retired. I would be more than happy to give this staff a chance to figure it out next year. Sawvel ironed out a lot of kinks down the stretch and Sherels, if he's OK, is a rising coaching star. But, if you're hellbent on moving on, I hope you'll be happy with 3-9 under Frank Solich, because that's the kind of guy that
will take this job.

Strong - Couldn't beat Kansas with far better talent at Texas
Chiffon - Without a doubt the biggest D-bag in coaching at any level, do your research people, this guy is not our guy.
Fleck - Appears to be heading to Purdue, which I don't get.
Bielema - Other than picking up Wisconsin's trash, could be interesting.
Aranda - I want more experience than he has, a true reach.
Miles - Is 89 years old, probably doesn't make our offense any better.

My crystal ball says Claeys is back, and he should be! Let's go get Applewhite as O coordinator and just call it a day, I can look past his personal shortcomings.
Didn't you warn us off Mike Leach?
How is Washington State's program doing?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Still time to edit this post.........

I don't think Claeys is back. It's telling that Coyle hasn't given him any public show of support. If he was working on an extension, I think it would have been announced this week.

Kiffin failed at Tennessee and USC of all places. Not sure why anyone would think he's an upgrade, my grandmother could make a great OC at Alabama.

Fleck is interesting, but a lot of MAC coaches can't make the leap to a power 5 conference. Darrell Hazel was "PJ Fleck" 5 years ago.

Bohl would be interesting, but he is already 58.

Bielema was 7-5 at Arkansas against a schedule that was comparable to ours. That and the fact he's not the classiest guy doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

If we fire a coach that was 8-4, we better make a home run hire. This isn't Jerry Kill coming to town to turn around the program, but a guy that can deliver 9-10 wins next year vs another favorable schedule.

I don't think Claeys is back. It's telling that Coyle hasn't given him any public show of support. If he was working on an extension, I think it would have been announced this week.

Kiffin failed at Tennessee and USC of all places. Not sure why anyone would think he's an upgrade, my grandmother could make a great OC at Alabama.

Fleck is interesting, but a lot of MAC coaches can't make the leap to a power 5 conference. Darrell Hazel was "PJ Fleck" 5 years ago.

Bielema was 7-5 at Arkansas against a schedule that was comparable to ours. That and the fact he's not the classiest guy doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

If we fire a coach that was 8-4, we better make a home run hire. This isn't Jerry Kill coming to town to turn around the program, but a guy that can deliver 9-10 wins next year vs another favorable schedule.

Spot on. Thanks JG.

TC is 47 with arteries aged 65+. I think Bohl will be a more active coach 10 years from now that TC. While most say that Wisconsin is TC's biggest competition, I think it is actually Type II diabetes. I think TC is a nice guy and good DC - but he needs to focus on his health a whole lot more.

No one talks about Matt Rhule, what he's done at Temple is extremely impressive.

Did you mean 8-4 Mike Leach, with a loss to Eastern Washington? That Mike Leach, just checking because his record looks familiar to Claeys.

No one talks about Matt Rhule, what he's done at Temple is extremely impressive.

It has been. But Al Golden had a similar turnaround at Temple and he failed at Miami. Doesn't mean Rhule will also fail but makes me wonder for a second

Bo Pelini

I forgot about him, Pelini would win at Minnesota too. He has some ability to recruit. I could see Pelini walking in the door at Minnesota and being extra motivated for another shot in the Big 10 conference again. Pelini would come in the door and say we would do better with this talent. Good call Golden Ale. Bo Pelini would be an excellent hire.

When will everyone realize it's not the coach? By the way PJ Fleck or whatever would not win one game here. He is a tool. Kill came here and we were lucky he did. He changed a few things and was finally shut down by his health and Eric Kaler's handlers. The University of Minnesota and this state do not care about beating Wisconsin or anyone else. Nothing wrong with our current coach.

Did you mean 8-4 Mike Leach, with a loss to Eastern Washington? That Mike Leach, just checking because his record looks familiar to Claeys.
So someone who warned us off Leach, but wants to keep Claeys is insightful?

They also went 7-2 in the conference and beat a ranked Stanford team...Gopher's two best wins are Colorado st and a 6-6 Northwestern team who lost to an FCS team.

I forgot about him, Pelini would win at Minnesota too. He has some ability to recruit. I could see Pelini walking in the door at Minnesota and being extra motivated for another shot in the Big 10 conference again. Pelini would come in the door and say we would do better with this talent. Good call Golden Ale. Bo Pelini would be an excellent hire.

I hope this is sarcasm. Pelini couldn't beat "us" during his final 2 years at Nebraska.

Wyoming players afraid their coach is leaving? Down 35-7 in 2nd to New Mexico.

TC is 47 with arteries aged 65+. I think Bohl will be a more active coach 10 years from now that TC. While most say that Wisconsin is TC's biggest competition, I think it is actually Type II diabetes. I think TC is a nice guy and good DC - but he needs to focus on his health a whole lot more.

Would like to point out Bohl has "Coached Up" his POKES Defense to allowing 73 plays of 20+ yards or more. Ranks 5th most in FBS. Also, he "Coached Up" his Defense in allowing 69 points to UNLV. Further, he's "coached up" his team to trail New Mexico by a score of 35-7 with 1:38 left in 2nd Quarter.

The great Bohl is getting housed at New Mexico tonight. What about the job Bob Davie has done at New Mexico?

They also went 7-2 in the conference and beat a ranked Stanford team...Gopher's two best wins are Colorado st and a 6-6 Northwestern team who lost to an FCS team.

So you're knocking the Gophers for beating a team that lost to an FCS team while giving a pass to the team that itself lost to an FCS team?

Would like to point out Bohl has "Coached Up" his POKES Defense

He took over a complete dumpster fire that was a 'never was' in college football. He beat SDU and BSU this year already. Yes - I would say that makes him more successful that TC this year. If you want a comparison - look at Iowa - also 8-4 but with wins that matter. Who you beat matters.

I hope this is sarcasm. Pelini couldn't beat "us" during his final 2 years at Nebraska.

I wan't Bielema because I think he is long to leave Arkansas. Tough to be in Alabama's conference and recruit against them. I think Bielema would bring
real offensive and defensive line coaching to Minnesota. I don't want to take a chance on a MAC coach or even the FCS guy (Kleiman although he seems like a winner that will elevate to a new program. I think Bielema would know how to beat both Wisconsin and Iowa with Minnesota's talent and think he would win here. He really is the only coach I would have interest in for replacing Claeys right now. Mostly because I think Bielema could bring his system to Minnesota, and with the Gophers two tailbacks and young quarterbacks, he would bring us offensive linemen that can step up to Big 10 level play.

I think the Gophers can do better than what they currently have as the face of the Minnesota Football program. I do believe Pelini would recruit better than Claeys in the Big 10 but I don't think his system would work here for defense. I still believe that Minnesota can get a more inspiring head coach that can win with this talent, maybe even at a higher level.

Top Bottom