For those who want Claeys gone, who is your hire?

Tlsbhansen

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of people who want Claeys fired, but wondering who people think Coyle will/could hire that is going to come in and be the savior and bring us to the National Playoffs?

I don't think Coyle fires TC. If he does, I want Bohl.

PJ Fleck, Les Miles, Lane Kiffin, Bielema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless we have a for sure No. 1 on our head coach list that we know we can get, Claeys should come back. Hiring a new iffy coach will send us right back to a cycle of a terrible year or two followed by decent bowl finishes. You have to have some longevity in your coaching staff to become an upper tier program.

Lane Kiffin, PJ Fleck, Jim Harbaugh

I'd see if they can get Harsin from BSU. Has a relationship with Coyle, a jump up to the big leagues, and he has an excellent résumé and will be able to hire good assistants.

Of course, if he's not available...

Charlie Strong.

We're getting Tony Dungy!
We're getting Mike Leach!
We're getting Gary Patterson!
We're getting Paul Chryst!

If history has taught us anything, the only thing we're getting is disappointed. Until the press conference when he says all the right things and everyone hops on board.

What kind of coach would come to Minnesota if they fire a coach who won 8 games in his first season as coach?

Charlie Strong,
Brian Kelly,
Les Miles,
Lane Kiffin

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What kind of coach would come to Minnesota if they fire a coach who won 8 games in his first season as coach?

One who knows they are better.

Does it really matter!! We are going no where with Claeys. Let's take a chance on anyone. What do we have to lose. Next year, no one is coming to the games. Time for change.

Everybody in the coaching community expected this job to be open - Claeys contract is what it is, temporary.

1. Ken Niumatalolo
2. Lane Kiffin
3. Charlie Strong
4. Les Miles
5. PJ Fleck

1. Fleck
2. Taggart
3. Brohm
4. Strong
5. Harsin

Frost would be my #1 but Oregon will hire him.

A super duper coach.

Face the facts, time is running out. This may be our last chance for offensive genius Marc Trestman.

Kleiman

To go along with Pitino Jr lets get Ferentz Jr. Father vs Son! The story lines that would enable!!

Bret Bielema, I think he is tiring of his time in Arkansas and the SEC. I think he can recruit and bring players to Minnesota that we can win with.

I want a head coach that already knows and looks at the Gophers program and say's I know I can do better with their talent.

I wan't a coach that walks in the door and say's the Gophers can win a Big 10 championship and there isn't one G-damn reason this program can't.

I believe we can get a coach here that will do that. People want to support the Gophers, they just get tired of the same losing to the neighbors. I want a winner, and a successful head coach from a power five conference. I wan't an A-hole arrogant bastard that say's we are going to beat Iowa, we are going to beat Wisconsin, and we will beat Nebraska. It can happen, and it is time to stop being the cheap skates of the Big 10 conference. Yes I think we could lure Brett Bielema to Minnesota, yes I think we could lure Lane Kiffin to Minnesota. This is not the dormant program it once was. This program needs a leader that will inspire the fans to come out and buy tickets, and one that will make that M on the Minnesota helmet mean something again. I want someone that was a proven winner in the Big 10 conference and yes, I want Bret Bielema as the head coach of the Golden Gophers. I want to beat our rivals and stop being envious of them. I believe we can put together a package for Bielema and staff that can get him here. Minnesota can do better, and finally win a conference championship again. Minnesota has to be able to recruit better offensive and defensive lineman, this can be done. It is time to stop letting the Badgers off the hook. We need a Midwestern guy with Midwestern roots, and one that knows he can win at Minnesota. I think Bielema would come here and instill that belief in the Minnesota program.

I don't understand how Fleck is realistic unless he is a real special type of character. Why not wait one more year at WMU for a different elite school job to open up if one isn't this year? I wouldn't even risk an intermediate hop to the U. For some saying his star could fade at WMU, he could tread water getting his own system going here in the B10 as well.

Something big is going to open for Fleck after 2017, probably.

Top Bottom