Florida State flips recruit Nate Andrews from Minnesota

You are correct, sorry I had Florida on my mind after the Florida State commitment. That still doesn't change the fact that a kid from Florida, alabama, California, alaska, etc.. isn't likely to consider a school because a kid they don't know considered them the previous year.

I have a friend whose mother's bff told him that Coach Kill yells at kids, so my friend's good friend is gonna go where a Coach does not yell.

hard to blame a kid for choosing FSU over us, but f*ck him. He's dead to me...I hope he never amounts to anything. I don't wish any physical harm on him just like I don't wish that on anyone (save pantherhawk) but I hope he never achieves anything football-wise.

I think that the kids are more aware than a lot of Gopher Holer's think. Even if the kids aren't plugged in their coaches are. School A develops a rep for finding talent, their coaches tell them to a least talk to them because of that rep, then maybe one of the helmet schools will pay attention.

Dammit. Had LASIK today, took a nap, checked The Hole and this is the first thing I get to read with my new eyes. At least I'm not blind.

I don't blame a kid that is 300 miles from Tallahassee choosing to go to Florida St. I blame him for saying 1 day before his visit there that he was "100% committed to Minnesota" and that he couldn't wait to be a Gopher.

Keep in mind the impact that family and friends have on these kinds of decisions as well. Even if he was still sold on the U, mom or dad may not have been and helped to sway him. Looks like his prediction of "shocking the world" on signing day will go up in smoke...

I don't blame a kid that is 300 miles from Tallahassee choosing to go to Florida St. I blame him for saying 1 day before his visit there that he was "100% committed to Minnesota" and that he couldn't wait to be a Gopher.

And I blame you for believing what a 17-year old said.

These recruits who interact with fans constantly on twitter and retweet compliments and smack talk, why would you ever trust an attention seeking teenager like that. He doesn't even know what he wants when he says he wants it.

Some guys, you can count on a solid. Guys with connections, guys who stop the recruiting process, but everyone else-- it's the wild, wild west and there are a million little birdies chirping in their ears AND THEY'RE TEENAGERS WHO DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. So please, stop listening to them.

Oh, Boo-Hoo-Hoo. Nate Andrews would have turned the whole program around and put the Gophers in a New Year's Day Bowl. He would have cured Jerry Kill's epilepsy too! Boo-Hoo-Hoo!!

These recruits who interact with fans constantly on twitter and retweet compliments and smack talk, why would you ever trust an attention seeking teenager like that. He doesn't even know what he wants when he says he wants it.

Some guys, you can count on a solid. Guys with connections, guys who stop the recruiting process, but everyone else-- it's the wild, wild west and there are a million little birdies chirping in their ears AND THEY'RE TEENAGERS WHO DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. So please, stop listening to them.

I'm not on twitter and don't follow anyone, so I'm hardly hanging on every word that comes from a recruits mouth, just repeating what I saw on here. If a player says he is 100% committed to a school 2 weeks before signing day and that he can't wait to be there, I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe them. Players are free to change their mind, but if you are that adamant that you are going to school X and then change your mind, they should expect to receive some criticism.

I'm not on twitter and don't follow anyone, so I'm hardly hanging on every word that comes from a recruits mouth, just repeating what I saw on here. If a player says he is 100% committed to a school 2 weeks before signing day and that he can't wait to be there, I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe them. Players are free to change their mind, but if you are that adamant that you are going to school X and then change your mind, they should expect to receive some criticism.

Exactly!

Oh, Twitter is stupid.

This stuff is going to keep happening until Minnesota starts winning more games. For goodness sakes when I hear a school like FSU wants him to come for a visit my first reaction I hope Minnesota can keep him. In my opinon it wasn't a surprise.

+1

I'm glad that every stupid thing that crawled into my head when I was 17 wasn't on display for the public to read. I don't blame the kid, I don't blame twitter, but if anyone gets upset because they were counting on the words of a 17 year old kid on twitter, I blame them.

Andrews seemed like a nice kid and he made a decision that most kids in his shoes would have made. I wish he would still be going to the U, I think he could have gotten a lot of early PT and made a difference. But I wish him well wherever he goes. I mean, c'mon guys, he didn't choose Iowa City or anything.

I'm with JG. He spent months going on about how excited he was to be a Gopher. He had an FSU offer at the time. Just seems odd how quickly that changed......probably should have thought about his tweets if he really had any doubt in his mind.

BTW, I don't follow recruits on twitter. I only see the tweets posted on this site.

Top Bottom