Flip on KFAN NOW!

"I guess the positive thing right now is that I have not been in Minneapolis," Saunders said Friday, March 28, on his weekly radio show with host Dan Barreiro on KFXN-FM 100.3. "I'm doing everything that I have planned to do. I haven't changed anything."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_22902487/gophers-basketball-flip-saunders-says-hes-still-an

Go Gophers!!

Things that are not said are pretty telling -

1. I have not been contacted by the U
2. I am not interested in coaching the U
3. I have no idea what's going on with the coaching search
4. I have no opinions on who should be the next coach.

OT: I don't agree with the comments that Tubby did not work hard. He flew all over the country recruiting. He went through cancer treatment and never missed a beat. Never made excuses. So he didn't blow a gasket on the bench - that is not his style. Does not mean he was not giving his all. Tubby was fired because the Gophers did not win. I would like to see one of you &/?%/^%7 go through cancer treatment and not miss a beat. Don't try to change history to justify what happened.

I of course have no idea who is going to succeed Tubby, but if they do opt for Flip, I think it will work out alright. His rosters in the CBA were constantly changing. Great place to learn. Invaluable experience. Probably forgot more basketball than a lot of coaches know. That being said, the B1G is nasty when it comes to coaching. Izzo, Ryan, Crean, Painter, Matta, etc. I would also guess that Flip would relish the opportunity to match wits with those guys. Side note....did Flip hold the Big Ten free throw percentage for the longest time?

I of course have no idea who is going to succeed Tubby, but if they do opt for Flip, I think it will work out alright. His rosters in the CBA were constantly changing. Great place to learn. Invaluable experience. Probably forgot more basketball than a lot of coaches know. That being said, the B1G is nasty when it comes to coaching. Izzo, Ryan, Crean, Painter, Matta, etc. I would also guess that Flip would relish the opportunity to match wits with those guys. Side note....did Flip hold the Big Ten free throw percentage for the longest time?

I think he held the Gopher free throw %-age until Vo broke it.

OT: I don't agree with the comments that Tubby did not work hard. He flew all over the country recruiting. He went through cancer treatment and never missed a beat. Never made excuses. So he didn't blow a gasket on the bench - that is not his style. Does not mean he was not giving his all. Tubby was fired because the Gophers did not win. I would like to see one of you &/?%/^%7 go through cancer treatment and not miss a beat. Don't try to change history to justify what happened.

Agree, 100%

Perfectly stated!

Top Bottom