Flip on KFAN NOW!

It was an awkward segment. Flip knew the pressure was coming to confirm.

Biggest change under Flip to come.....

Broadcasts sponsered by Continental Diamond instead of the Washburn-McKrevey Funeral Home!

Biggest change under Flip to come.....

Broadcasts sponsered by Continental Diamond instead of the Washburn-McKrevey Funeral Home!

You know, that would be a good change. Have the Gophers sponsored by something that represents happiness and hope rather than death.

Flip was very coy and clearly something is up.

Meanwhile FTB's temper tantrum on Twitter continues.

After that hockey game I could go for a flip Saunders is the new head coach at the U announcement

It's a lock!

I'd like to have Flip but I doubt it at this point. If it's Flip they could have a presser now. But that hasn't happened and the longer they wait to do it the more of a fall back Flip looks to be. It looks to me like they are waiting for somebody and Dr Don's theory on the Wichita coach is probably the most likely. He's be a good get - even though I'd rather go with Flip. The only other reason I can see delaying on Flip is if they are still trying to finish off details to announce the practice facility in the same presser. Maybe they are milking the donors by holding out on Flip.

I'd like to have Flip but I doubt it at this point. If it's Flip they could have a presser now. But that hasn't happened and the longer they wait to do it the more of a fall back Flip looks to be. It looks to me like they are waiting for somebody and Dr Don's theory on the Wichita coach is probably the most likely. He's be a good get - even though I'd rather go with Flip. The only other reason I can see delaying on Flip is if they are still trying to finish off details to announce the practice facility in the same presser. Maybe they are milking the donors by holding out on Flip.

Wichita State coach already said he is not leaving. Neither Teague or Flip are in Minnesota. Hence, no presser.

You also have to keep in mind that delaying in telling the public doesn't matter. If they are working out the exact details of the deal with Flip, it could take a little bit. There is no concern of him feeling slighted, he is privy to those negotiations. No one would think it was a fall back, we fired Tubby on Monday, not 4 months ago. It might be to announce it both on the same presser, but I doubt it, it's better to have two major announcements. I'd also love for it to be that they're waiting on Marshall, but I also doubt that.

It's going to Flip. It's being worked out right now.

Really don't think..............

....they want to compete with the tournament for coverage. Plus, the holiday weekend with lots of folks travleing...plus contracts take time to hash out.

Wichita State coach already said he is not leaving. Neither Teague or Flip are in Minnesota. Hence, no presser.

Marshall said he wasn't leaving in order to not distract his team during their run. I'd guess this is the year he goes somewhere if no here- money is going to be flying out west at UCLA and USC. I hope you are right though. Where is Teague?

Friday press conferences at 4:00 are where you bury bad news. Friday press conferences at 4:00 on a holiday week-end are where your bury really bad news. Not everyone agrees with hiring Flip, but it certainly doesn't warrent being buried. The press conference, if there is to be one, should be Tuesday. (Monday maybe, but it would be in the middle of Twins opener.)

Top Bottom