Fleck has become worse than Kill

Firing Fleck would be peak stupidity. We are more athletic and talented across all position groups than we have arguably ever been. We now line up with Wisconsin and Iowa and can match them in size and athleticism.

We just still need some more stable recruiting and success in the portal. PJ still had guys like Tanner and Sori-Marin, MAC recruits, playing key spots for him over the last few years. We are slowly rebuilding this roster, it doesn't happen overnight unless you are a blue blood

Any penis is superior to yours. Any man who says the solution is to “run more jet sweep” has lost the right to be taken seriously as a commentator. You’re really really dumb
Yup, that's what I said. You're being so honest.

I want to argue on the merits of the discussion, and you want to have a dick-measuring contest. Fine. Great. Your cock is far so superior. I want to have a schlong as big as yours. You're the man.

I won't be responding to any more of your posts in this thread, so enjoy touting your high-quality man meat.

Firing Fleck would be peak stupidity. We are more athletic and talented across all position groups than we have arguably ever been. We now line up with Wisconsin and Iowa and can match them in size and athleticism.

We just still need some more stable recruiting and success in the portal. PJ still had guys like Tanner and Sori-Marin, MAC recruits, playing key spots for him over the last few years. We are slowly rebuilding this roster, it doesn't happen overnight unless you are a blue blood
I agree with a lot of stuff. Honestly we just gotta get over the hump.
Right now we are right near the top but can’t get over it.

We have gotten over the top of the Wisconsin hill. (Twice)
We have gotten over the top of the top 10 hill (twice)
Need to get over the top of the Iowa hill.
Need to get over the top of the dropping 50/50 game where you aren’t at your best hill.

As long as they’re near the top of the hill I will be in to give him more chances.

Once it seems we aren’t near the top of the hill anymore. That’s the time to move on.

If the gopher Iowa game means nothing, that’s when to move on.
If the team isn’t in the mix in November 2-3 years in a row, that’s the time to move on.

Yup, that's what I said. You're being so honest.

I want to argue on the merits of the discussion, and you want to have a dick-measuring contest. Fine. Great. Your cock is far so superior. I want to have a schlong as big as yours. You're the man.

I won't be responding to any more of your posts in this thread, so enjoy touting your high-quality man meat.
you’re like a small child

1. Run/pass balance somewhere closer to 60/40 instead of 80/20
2. Knowing when to go for it on 4th-and-short
3. Knowing how to use your fucking timeouts
4. Diversity of play calling - call a screen, run outside the tackles, jet sweep, etc., etc. as opposed to some variation of inside zone 45-50 times a game and 12-15 mostly low-percentage passes

...for starters.
Ps
Here are your solutions
1) is already true
2) yeah he needs to be better
3) I agree on some though it’s slightly overblown. It’s bad not horrible.
4) sorry my bad. Run more jet sweep wasn’t your only solution. You also want to run outside more! Good feedback!

Allen may not be back.
Mertz is like a top 4 QB in the conference statistically.

I’m not a Mertz guy, but it isn’t mertz.
If we had Mertz we would be 10-1
Lol. He just kills momentum and alwayyyyyyyyys throws picks on the badgers 20 yard line. I can’t believe his stats are as good as they are but you are correct. Badgers have been down before but it’s never for long. He almost single handedly lost the Iowa game. That pick 6 was horrible. I don’t see a 2017 or even 19 badger team but I think they will be better. Should be a close game this Saturday and it might be a low scoring one. I think if mo has a day goldy takes the hardware back across the St Croix.

Lol. He just kills momentum and alwayyyyyyyyys throws picks on the badgers 20 yard line. I can’t believe his stats are as good as they are but you are correct. Badgers have been down before but it’s never for long. He almost single handedly lost the Iowa game. That pick 6 was horrible. I don’t see a 2017 or even 19 badger team but I think they will be better. Should be a close game this Saturday and it might be a low scoring one. I think if mo has a day goldy takes the hardware back across the St Croix.
He does have bad timing. My Wisconsin fan friends hate him.

I am not in the fire Fleck group at all. But it’s 100% on him we lack in talent

I am not in the fire Fleck group at all. But it’s 100% on him we lack in talent
For sure.
And that’s a totally different conversation than why did he go for it here. Why didn’t he there. Why does he run inside so much. Why don’t we pass better.

I think there are some offensive issues. I didn’t want KC back. Our offense this year was a carbon copy of 2017 and 2021.
But the real issue is WR depth of talent.
I would rather have a more dynamic passing game, but you can win with this system and we have seen it. You can’t win with this system consistently if nobody can win a 1 on 1.

Who is even our best wideout that’s healthy? I think I would have to go with Jackson. Jackson would be a really good #3
Wright would be a good #3
MBS would be a good #3

We have no #2 and no #1

Yeah super frustrating because he can play really well at times. I don’t hate him but he causes me to drink on Saturday more than I had planned. From a badger side perspective I don’t get all the fleck hate. Seems like they are better than they were and he just has to get a few more plays out of them to get them over the hump. Big ten is a dog fight, I mean damn Illinois would have beaten Michigan if not for an iffy call on that 4th down. So many games are just a play or 2. Unless it’s badgers Ohio state. Then it’s like 20 plays🤬🤬🤬🤬

Yeah super frustrating because he can play really well at times. I don’t hate him but he causes me to drink on Saturday more than I had planned. From a badger side perspective I don’t get all the fleck hate. Seems like they are better than they were and he just has to get a few more plays out of them to get them over the hump. Big ten is a dog fight, I mean damn Illinois would have beaten Michigan if not for an iffy call on that 4th down. So many games are just a play or 2. Unless it’s badgers Ohio state. Then it’s like 20 plays🤬🤬🤬🤬
Some people want to fire coaches for not winning games with championship implications
I want to fire coaches for not playing games with championship implications

I may be wrong for wanting to keep fleck. If we don’t get over the hump the next 5 years and into a big ten title game, it will mean we should’ve moved on earlier.

Then again, if you watch the gophers to win championships you’ve already made a terrible decision.

What teams in the West do you believe are at a level above the Gophers that it would be unrealistic that we could beat them next year? I say no one. This team is in as good a place as any to compete for the B1G West next year. As we were this year. And in 2021. And in 2019. This is my point.
Iowa will beat us next year. So long as Ferentz is coach, they will beat us. The rest of the games at this point are toss-ups until it becomes clear whether our offense can function without Mo.

Iowa will beat us next year. So long as Ferentz is coach, they will beat us. The rest of the games at this point are toss-ups until it becomes clear whether our offense can function without Mo.
Not sure I agree with that but definitely in a pick ‘em I lean Ferentz over fleck.

They both play the same style and Ferentz is better at it.

You can really see the fall of Wisconsin since 2018. I know they won the division in 2019 but basically Minnesota has pulled even with WI since 2018 and Iowa has passed them. All 3 play the same style: great defense, run the ball, shorten the game

His is finishing his sixth year here as HC...

We have had NFL level athletes at nearly every position since Fleck came here, S, LB, DT, CB, OT, C, RB, you name it. Problem is he hasn't been able to find an elite level QB (i get it they are hard to come by) still, our style of play leaves a lot to be desired right now.

Claeys was 6-8 in the Big Ten, and was 5-6 at one point in his one full season.

It's more than a little disingenuous to compare number of wins in the Big Ten when the conference didn't consistently have a 9-game schedule until 2016. Fleck has had a 9-game conference season every year at Minnesota.
And one less cream puff on the schedule, well really two since we usually play a P5 now in non con as well or a top G5 like Fresno State in 2018. Grant it Colorado was cheeks this year and last year. We also played nine in Claeys one full season.

Some people want to fire coaches for not winning games with championship implications
I want to fire coaches for not playing games with championship implications

I may be wrong for wanting to keep fleck. If we don’t get over the hump the next 5 years and into a big ten title game, it will mean we should’ve moved on earlier.

Then again, if you watch the gophers to win championships you’ve already made a terrible decision.
Just get to the championship game once in a while.

Just get to the championship game once in a while.
Agree
I’ll be out when I don’t think he has the ability to get us there anymore.

I’m not there yet. I think it’s funny that people are already there but refuse to say they’d fire him. And those same people say i and other fans have too low of standards.

Agree
I’ll be out when I don’t think he has the ability to get us there anymore.

I’m not there yet. I think it’s funny that people are already there but refuse to say they’d fire him. And those same people say i and other fans have too low of standards.
I'm not sure how many times beyond the three (or two for some) opportunities he has already had and failed to get into it, that I'm willing to wait.

Honest post. Cannot fault you or anyone for not liking PJ’s persona. He’s openly said he’s not for everyone. As a fan, I do believe he’s taken this program to a level not seen in my lifetime. And I am not young. The loses to Iowa, especially the past two years, are insanely frustrating. What I see from PJ’s teams…. Good kids. Very easy to root for. By Minnesota standards, talent is good to very good. PJ also brings attention to the program in a way that other coaches have not (even if the way he does it may be off-putting to some). Conservative approach on offense is frustrating. Hopefully that changes with a more dynamic QB for next three years. Not sure why we cannot develop a special teams unit that can contribute vs. hold serve at best. We missed a great opportunity this year. But I believe we will have a team in 2023 that can be in the mix in November. No one else in the West scares me. At all. The game against Wisky this week is very important. As is next year to see if PJ can continue to play meaningful games in November. That said, I’m optimistic.
Nice post!

Bold: right ..... but we also have non-West teams on the schedule. That is pretty much the issue ...

I'm not sure how many times beyond the three (or two for some) opportunities he has already had and failed to get into it, that I'm willing to wait.
One more?
Because if you aren’t one more you should be willing to say you’d fire him

Mertz cleans up in between the 20's but he sucks on third down and in the Red Zone. Rarely makes the winning throw when you need it. I am cool with Athan instead, he's taking some lumps, but the game changed (Yes PJ, Momentum is a thing) when he started throwing it

Mertz cleans up in between the 20's but he sucks on third down and in the Red Zone. Rarely makes the winning throw when you need it. I am cool with Athan instead, he's taking some lumps, but the game changed (Yes PJ, Momentum is a thing) when he started throwing it
I think Athan has some upside. Wish they would’ve given him 8-10 Carries against Iowa. I think it would’ve opening things up a bit

One more?
Because if you aren’t one more you should be willing to say you’d fire him
Just not sure how many more opportunities, one for sure but it will need to be soon, in the next couple years. Finishing 7-6 this year and then .500 or below next year will probably do it for me.

Just not sure how many more opportunities, one for sure but it will need to be soon, in the next couple years. Finishing 7-6 this year and then .500 or below next year will probably do it for me.
I’m not sure the next two games impact me either way.
Next year regardless of record we will see if we are building or stagnating or regressing

I could see scenarios where I think 7-5 puts fleck on the hot seat in 2024
I could see scenarios where we go 4-8 or 5-7 but it looks like we are building something.

The W/L is a metric. But there are other metrics.

You can look at this season and say old QB old RB who is great. Must win year
You can look at this season and say, new line in spots, injury prone offense, freshman QB plays in 5 games and makes first 3 starts. Team actually had a better offense scoring wise against good teams without Mo. maybe we are bullying something.

I’m not willing to say either of those two things. It’s somewhere in the middle of those.
If we don’t look like we are building toward a run next year then I would think 2024 would be the hot seat year.

I think Athan has some upside. Wish they would’ve given him 8-10 Carries against Iowa. I think it would’ve opening things up a bit
Even a couple more planned runs would probably had made a difference. The INT play or the 2nd & 9 before it would have been a great time to fake to Mo and do a QB keeper.

Even a couple more planned runs would probably had made a difference. The INT play or the 2nd & 9 before it would have been a great time to fake to Mo and do a QB keeper.
Yeah. That whole drive.
Even if you get dropped for 0 I think it’s good to do 2-3 per quarter.

Unless you feel terrible about the backup QB. Then maybe 1-2

We don’t read it. It’s called. That’s on KC

I could see scenarios where we go 4-8 or 5-7 but it looks like we are building something.
Man that's tough for me.

The only way I can see a thing like that, is like when we fired Robb Smith and promoted Rossi, and it was like a light bulb turned on for the defense.

If it's a thing like that, either with changing coaches and/or changing players, then I can see it.

I’m not sure the next two games impact me either way.
Next year regardless of record we will see if we are building or stagnating or regressing

I could see scenarios where I think 7-5 puts fleck on the hot seat in 2024

The W/L is a metric. But there are other metrics.

You can look at this season and say old QB old RB who is great. Must win year
You can look at this season and say, new line in spots, injury prone offense, freshman QB plays in 5 games and makes first 3 starts. Team actually had a better offense scoring wise against good teams without Mo. maybe we are bullying something.

I’m not willing to say either of those two things. It’s somewhere in the middle of those.
If we don’t look like we are building toward a run next year then I would think 2024 would be the hot seat year.
W/L is the bottom line for me and many others out here. Especially after 7-8 years. A one to three win conference record (4-8, 5-7) would be pretty unacceptable, and hard to say that is building something.

Top Bottom