Fla State to hire Gophers LB/Assistant HC Bill Miller

Rational GH Poster: Bill Murray has no shot of being the head coach here?

wait!what?: How do/did you know this? I'll hang up and listen.

But because we never definitely hear that isn't/wasn't the case we're somehow behind the eight-ball according to him.

Doesn't Bill Murray own the Saints? That's a local tie - we should bring him in as a PR move!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rational GH Poster: Bill Murray has no shot of being the head coach here?

wait!what?: How do/did you know this? I'll hang up and listen.

But because we never definitely hear that isn't/wasn't the case we're somehow behind the eight-ball according to him.

BIll Murray? Yes, I presented a scenario that you are not able to refute. suxdonut?

Would love to see Mike Sherels (and any former Gopher for that matter), move up the coaching ranks, but Bill Miller was the assistant head coach as well as the linebacker coach for this team. Further, Miller was the only guy on the staff with experience coaching at a BCS school and had actually held the defensive coordinator position at a number of good schools as listed in an above post. I'd hope the Gophers would look to add someone who could add similar value to Miller in terms of experience, contacts, etc. With the assistant head coach title open, I'd assume the budget would allow for a very good hire (obviously depending on availability).

per Shooter:

Former Gophers captain-linebacker Mike Sherels has plenty of support for Minnesota's linebackers coaching vacancy.

http://www.twincities.com/gophers/c...-gophers-andre-hollins-rachel-banham-starring

Go Gophers!!

Shooters' source? Shooter. Shooter's analysis? It's what Shooter told him to write.

"Support" should be replaced with "that's who Kill wants in the position". That would mean something.

This blurb means absolutely nothing. Less than nothing.

Would love to see Mike Sherels (and any former Gopher for that matter), move up the coaching ranks, but Bill Miller was the assistant head coach as well as the linebacker coach for this team. Further, Miller was the only guy on the staff with experience coaching at a BCS school and had actually held the defensive coordinator position at a number of good schools as listed in an above post. I'd hope the Gophers would look to add someone who could add similar value to Miller in terms of experience, contacts, etc. With the assistant head coach title open, I'd assume the budget would allow for a very good hire (obviously depending on availability).

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Sherels getting the gig already. I'd have to think Sawvel is in line to grab that AHC title. Kill has so many contacts and knows so many coaches around the country, I'm confident they'll bring in the right guy.

Kill said during the Press Conference that Miller served the purpose he needed him to perform. Sounds like Miller wanted to move to a warm spot and coach for a chance at a National title. Kill used him as a mentor and BCS transition coach on the staff. We'll see which way he goes with the next hire.

per CoachingSearch:

Minnesota: Per source, Minnesota engaged in talks with Memphis linebackers coach Galen Scott, who has opted to remain at Memphis. Scott just finished his fourth season on the Tigers staff after spending two years at Tulsa. Minnesota is looking for a replacement for Bill Miller, who joined the FSU staff earlier in the week, a story first reported by CoachingSearch.com.

http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Article/Coaching-Transactions-Coaching-Search-Ticker-176590

Go Gophers!!

Per FootballScoop:

Minnesota: At Minnesota, sources tell us defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys will be the lead person on the search to fill the linebackers position. We understand the program already has a number of candidates; but for serious inquiries, please contact Coach Claeys. No phone calls please.

Minnesota: The football office and coach Claeys are no longer accepting applications for the linebackers job. All future applicants need to apply online via this link. Thank you all for your interest in Gopher football.

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Go Gophers!!

Per FootballScoop:

Minnesota: At Minnesota, sources tell us defensive coordinator Tracy Claeys will be the lead person on the search to fill the linebackers position. We understand the program already has a number of candidates; but for serious inquiries, please contact Coach Claeys. No phone calls please.

Minnesota: The football office and coach Claeys are no longer accepting applications for the linebackers job. All future applicants need to apply online via this link. Thank you all for your interest in Gopher football.

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Go Gophers!!

Hahahaha. The candidates are supposed to apply through the news outlets URL?

Sent from my MUCH i5 using Tapatalk

There's a link to the U of M human resources department at the end of that blurb that got cut off.

Not often you see a Big Ten team advertising a job on Football Scoop. The other schools advertising are D-3, NAIA, and JCs.

There's a link to the U of M human resources department at the end of that blurb that got cut off.

Not often you see a Big Ten team advertising a job on Football Scoop. The other schools advertising are D-3, NAIA, and JCs.

Thanks for the informative statement, I try to stay away from links most of the time.
More often than not, they take me away from Gopherhole, and then I get all distracted and don't know what to do.

Isn't mike singletary still wandering around town somewhere? Give him a call.

So, who will be the next linebacker coach? Promote from within, or higher an established coach?

Minnesota did not place the ad or link on that site. Not how it works. Linked by site owner.

Top Bottom