Fire Rob Wenger

I’m with you and although I think it’s probably PJ and his wife who really like 81 that kid likely couldn’t start at any position for a D3 squad so the fact that he can’t talk PJ out of that just by itself means he is an idiot. On top of that generally are special teams are no threat and are below average.

We finally beat Iowa, get Floyd and we're celebrating by immediately calling for the firing of a member of the coaching staff.

We are soooooooo Minne-sooootan, doncha know!
It might have something to do with being luckier than schit!

Oh, and you came back, speaking of Minneosoooootan

It might have something to do with being luckier than schit!

Oh, and you came back, speaking of Minneosoooootan

Well, I guess you could say we were lucky that the referees actually knew the rules and DeJean didn't.

So, hey... you be you, and "enjoy" this huge win in your own way.

We finally beat Iowa, get Floyd and we're celebrating by immediately calling for the firing of a member of the coaching staff.

We are soooooooo Minne-sooootan, doncha know!
Posted this early in the game. It's obvious that its a weak spot and infact would've cost us the game had the refs not overturned the TD.

Posted this early in the game. It's obvious that its a weak spot and infact would've cost us the game had the refs not overturned the TD.

The point is: it's possible to enjoy a big win without finding something negative to squawk about. Try it. It's fun.

By the way, the refs made the correct call. Football has rules, and consequences are handed down when rules are broken. This was not a gift. Sorry.

The point is: it's possible to enjoy a big win without finding something negative to squawk about. Try it. It's fun.

By the way, the refs made the correct call. Football has rules, and consequences are handed down when rules are broken. This was not a gift. Sorry.
Again, I posted this mid game....there was no win to celebrate yet...

You don't fire shit after taking Floyd home from Iowa for the first time since the 90s!

Has to go.

That final punt coverage is disturbing to watch. Now.....it's quite possible that a couple of those guys slowed up because of the hand signaling.....but we had DeJean SURROUNDED and all four of the guys bit on a slight movement. It looked like they were being controlled by a joystick. Coleman Bryson makes an absolutely horrible play by giving up the sideline and running into our own guys on the play. Everything about it was sad, sad, sad.

Ryan Burns' head may explode when they get to the special teams discussion.
And it should. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a more incompetently prepared group than Gophers special teams, save Kesich and the snapping and holding. Everything relating to the kickoff and punt return aspects is, well, atrocious.

We are as bad in that aspect of the game as Iowa is with BF as the OC, and that isn’t an exaggeration. It’s horrible and there has to be a change here.

What surprises me is that I would think an HC like Fleck would be a guy who doesn't want to be just average at Special Teams, but excel; to win some games with ST. That just seems like the kind of guy he is. A team known for exceptional ST.

The level of ineptitude and the lack of preparedness of the Gopher ST is just plain unacceptable for any kind of program that wants to be at a high level. Almost every week they show they are not prepared for certain situations

Which has zero to do with the poor Gopher special teams play week after week...other than exposing some shitty tackling that ended up not costing us the game, luckily.

Kesich is a really nice kicker.

Other than that, we have to overcome our special teams play. Consistently. We gave up something like 85 yards of field position on punt exchanges yesterday. Started multiple drives inside our 20 on kickoff returns.

And this isnt an isolated instance.

Special teams present an opportunity to excel. Instead, its often something we have to endure. Something we have to make up the deficit from.

Change your best, Fleck.

And another thing....

The Gophers have had some decent kickers in recent years, and Kesich has done a great job this year taking over the PK duties. 14-for-16 on FGs is fantastic and he's obviously been great at KO since he arrived.

But giving Wenger credit for Kesich making some FG's is about akin to crediting a First Base coach in baseball with the batters being able to find their way to First Base.

It's like you didn't actually read he post...

I am not sure PJ would even recognize good special teams. History shows his teams have been average at best.

Top Bottom