FCS Championship Game

They are the NCAA Division I champions.

Good for Fargo!

"Division 1" = Triple-A
Division 2 = Double-A
Etc., etc.

P.S. If you gave me 20 guesses, I couldn't tell you who won the Division 2 title (or even name 20 teams who play D-2 football). I suppose I needed a Gopherhole thread for that.

This one always cracks me up.

Attachments

• ndsu-bama-sign.jpg
    ndsu-bama-sign.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 67

Congrats to Grand Forks, but they are just lucky Mount Union had a down year!!!

(some of that post may be factually incorrect, but nobody outside of North Dakota knows enough to dispute it)

The 6 best Minnesota players for the Bison during this run came from within 20 miles of TFC stadium; probably in order of how good the kids ended up being: Mounds View, Hopkins, Totino Grace, Rosemount, Wayzata, MSP North. We could have used 4 of them 2 didn't have the grades. This was from the Brewster era Kill probably offers a couple and gets a couple to walk on.

I don't understand this statement. Brewster had his major flaws, but recruiting the state of Minnesota was not one of them. He re-established relationships with MSHSL coaches and was very good at recruiting players from the state. He missed out on the big names: Floyd, Henderson. I think Kill is a much better football coach, but wouldn't say he did far better recruiting the state of Minnesota. There is another thread: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...High-School-Players-College-Stats-In-Early-PT and according to that Kill got 9 of the top 28 players from Minnesota in the last three years.

I don't understand this statement. Brewster had his major flaws, but recruiting the state of Minnesota was not one of them. He re-established relationships with MSHSL coaches and was very good at recruiting players from the state. He missed out on the big names: Floyd, Henderson. I think Kill is a much better football coach, but wouldn't say he did far better recruiting the state of Minnesota. There is another thread: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...High-School-Players-College-Stats-In-Early-PT and according to that Kill got 9 of the top 28 players from Minnesota in the last three years.

I don't dispute what you are saying, but I think the point was about the low-end guys. The guys that no did not appear to be division I worthy out of high school...Kill seems much better at getting those kids to walk-on to the Gophers than take the scraps of a NDSU.

Good for Fargo!

"Division 1" = Triple-A
Division 2 = Double-A
Etc., etc.

P.S. If you gave me 20 guesses, I couldn't tell you who won the Division 2 title (or even name 20 teams who play D-2 football). I suppose I needed a Gopherhole thread for that.

there is an even simpler question to ask related to the nobody cares about FCS. Can you name the last team to win the FCS title before NDSU won their first?

It took a team to win 4 straight to get someone to get mention on ESPN for a day. They will talk about the winner of tonight's game for the next week.

I don't dispute what you are saying, but I think the point was about the low-end guys. The guys that no did not appear to be division I worthy out of high school...Kill seems much better at getting those kids to walk-on to the Gophers than take the scraps of a NDSU.

Probably some truth to what you are saying about the walk-ons. I couldn't believe we were able to get Perra to walk-on, he has potential to be a good player down the road.

We all know Brewster was a joke as a Head Coach, but that doesn't mean he failed in every aspect of the job.

Guys! Guys! I'm doing my best NDSU fan impression!

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 11.13.02 PM.jpg

Good for Fargo!

"Division 1" = Triple-A
Division 2 = Double-A
Etc., etc.

The only thing I took away from this post is that you aren't very observant in the world of cfb. What makes it even more amusing is that you actually take the time and go out of your way to post on a college football forum, but cannot appreciate anything less than 1 tier of football.

Mind you, NDSU beat the U the last few times (should be 3 for 3, but SOMEHOW lost the first of 3 games) and did it with 1/5th the budget, 20 less scholarships, and you still try and belittle the division.

I'm a proud Minnesotan who grew up watching the Gophers play football, yet I attended NDSU because it made sense for me to. I lived in outstate MN and wanted to be closer to home. To see people like yourself try and make a joke out of the hard work that a bunch of MN kids put into a national title absolutely sickens me.

Just because it isn't watched by 50 million people doesn't make it any less of a title game. I'd be willing to bet that the U wouldn't have made it through to the championship game in the FCS. The top 15 teams could compete with anyone on any given saturday. Like it or not, it's a da** hard feat.

The only thing I took away from this post is that you aren't very observant in the world of cfb. What makes it even more amusing is that you actually take the time and go out of your way to post on a college football forum, but cannot appreciate anything less than 1 tier of football. Mind you, NDSU beat the U the last few times (should be 3 for 3, but SOMEHOW lost the first of 3 games) and did it with 1/5th the budget, 20 less scholarships, and you still try and belittle the division. I'm a proud Minnesotan who grew up watching the Gophers play football, yet I attended NDSU because it made sense for me to. I lived in outstate MN and wanted to be closer to home. To see people like yourself try and make a joke out of the hard work that a bunch of MN kids put into a national title absolutely sickens me. Just because it isn't watched by 50 million people doesn't make it any less of a title game. I'd be willing to bet that the U wouldn't have made it through to the championship game in the FCS. The top 15 teams could compete with anyone on any given saturday. Like it or not, it's a da** hard feat.

Cool story bro.

The only thing I took away from this post is that you aren't very observant in the world of cfb. What makes it even more amusing is that you actually take the time and go out of your way to post on a college football forum, but cannot appreciate anything less than 1 tier of football.

Mind you, NDSU beat the U the last few times (should be 3 for 3, but SOMEHOW lost the first of 3 games) and did it with 1/5th the budget, 20 less scholarships, and you still try and belittle the division.

I'm a proud Minnesotan who grew up watching the Gophers play football, yet I attended NDSU because it made sense for me to. I lived in outstate MN and wanted to be closer to home. To see people like yourself try and make a joke out of the hard work that a bunch of MN kids put into a national title absolutely sickens me.

Just because it isn't watched by 50 million people doesn't make it any less of a title game. I'd be willing to bet that the U wouldn't have made it through to the championship game in the FCS. The top 15 teams could compete with anyone on any given saturday. Like it or not, it's a da** hard feat.

Ya you're probably right. I doubt the Gophers could beat South Dakota State, Coastal Carolina, Sam Houston, and Illinois State. 3 of the 4 at home. What a gauntlet.

My fondest memory of NDSU is when their quarterback claimed that beating Kansas State was the greatest win in program history. I'll never forget that. Not the 2 national championships he had already won. Nope. The non conference win over a middling Big 12 team was the biggest win in program history.

Ya you're probably right. I doubt the Gophers could beat South Dakota State, Coastal Carolina, Sam Houston, and Illinois State. 3 of the 4 at home. What a gauntlet.

My fondest memory of NDSU is when their quarterback claimed that beating Kansas State was the greatest win in program history. I'll never forget that. Not the 2 national championships he had already won. Nope. The non conference win over a middling Big 12 team was the biggest win in program history.
Kansas State is "middling"? Sure they would go on to go 5-4 in the conference that year but they had just won the Big 12 and would have won 9 games if they scheduled New Mexico State or Kent State instead of NDSU. This year they went 7-2 in the Big 12. If you really don't think Kansas State is the best team they've beat, does it make sense to mock the quality of the FCS playoff teams? A road win at Kansas State is roughly equivalent to a road win at Nebraska in the past few years.

Kansas State is "middling"? Sure they would go on to go 5-4 in the conference that year but they had just won the Big 12 and would have won 9 games if they scheduled New Mexico State or Kent State instead of NDSU. This year they went 7-2 in the Big 12. If you really don't think Kansas State is the best team they've beat, does it make sense to mock the quality of the FCS playoff teams? A road win at Kansas State is roughly equivalent to a road win at Nebraska in the past few years.

5th out of 10 in 2013. If that is not middling, then my mind has been blown.

It was that day when I realized that NDSU had embraced the step child role and would forever be seeking approval from the FBS. Yet, they won't join it.

5th out of 10 in 2013. If that is not middling, then my mind has been blown. It was that day when I realized that NDSU had embraced the step child role and would forever be seeking approval from the FBS. Yet, they won't join it.

In all fairness, ndsu has to receive an invite I believe. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Their location is going to prove to be a huge challenge since ndsu is located in the middle of nowhere

Just because it isn't watched by 50 million people doesn't make it any less of a title game. I'd be willing to bet that the U wouldn't have made it through to the championship game in the FCS.

You can not be serious. The Gophers would have coasted to the FCS title this year undefeated.

5th out of 10 in 2013. If that is not middling, then my mind has been blown.

It was that day when I realized that NDSU had embraced the step child role and would forever be seeking approval from the FBS. Yet, they won't join it.
How is he supposed to know they would place 5th? At the time they were the defending champs. Obviously much better than the 2011 Minnesota team. The championship games he played in were all double digit wins.

How is he supposed to know they would place 5th? At the time they were the defending champs. Obviously much better than the 2011 Minnesota team. The championship games he played in were all double digit wins.

So no one in ND took the hint that the end of season AP #12 started 2013 unranked and without Colin Klein.

Do they have the Internet up there?

So no one in ND took the hint that the end of season AP #12 started 2013 unranked and without Colin Klein.

Do they have the Internet up there?

They were 26th in the coaches poll. You could at least attempt to come up with an argument for a better team they beat. There is no doubt that the national championships were important games, but he felt that Kansas State was the toughest test they had faced.

Top Bottom