Favorite moment of the 19-20 season

The 4th down conversion toss by Morgan in the 4th Qtr of Outback to the TE. Game over.

Of course it was set up by the TM/TJ 73 yard TD hook up where TJ pulled away from vaunted SEC talent with his below average NFL speed...;)

Wait...maybe TJ's back of the end-zone TD catch...

Last edited:

Have another tear.

Yeah. I only get to 1 or 2 games a year anymore and the vibe before that game was something different. And I was at the Air Force game and the TCU games which were probably the best atmospheres I had seen before.

The final 8+ minute drive to end the Auburn game.

The Penn State game was when it became clear that this year's team was special, and had taken a big step forward. I loved that whole day, from start to finish.

But the best moment of this season for me came in the second half of the Auburn game, when it became clear that the Auburn DBs couldn't cope with Bateman and Johnson on the same field, and the Gophers began to put the game away. There was a moment of realization that this really was an excellent squad, and not just a lucky one.

For one moment, the game-winning 73-yard TD pass from Morgan to Johnson in the Outback Bowl. For a series, I agree with people citing the last drive of that game, but for a moment: Ever wonder what a football play looks like when it is run absolutely perfect? Just watch that play, over and over.

Everything Casey. Drama drama drama in preseason but winning. Nervous but slaying the likes of Purdue, NE, MD. Creme de la creme - Mid November and we were still discussing National Championship scenarios. Alas, still need a Rose Bowl. Been saying ‘wait til next year’ for over four decades and now when it looked so promising..... It’s more than a game.

I'm watching the 39 minute version of the Shitbraska game on YouTube. One play that always stood out was Rodney Smith broke a long run in the 1st quarter (1st possession for the Gophs). At the end of the run he stiff arms a db. That DB's feet go out from under him and he ends up face planting on the turf. He looked like Superman flying backwards. Just one of those plays that made me laugh.

Tyler Johnson vs Auburn, not giving up on the interception on the Gophs 1st drive. He tackled the guy that led to only a field goal, not a touchdown.

Top Bottom