Favorite moment of the 19-20 season

Rushing the field after beating psu.

Tough call but I will go with this.

The last possession against Auburn where the Gophers basically said its our ball, our game and you aren't getting either. It was pure desire and domination.

Mine as well. Ibrahim just pushing the pile for the last first down to ice the game was just really something.

Third and 29 at our own 7 yard line. The camera flashed to the GSU sideline and the HC has his arm around the neck of the DC. DD breaks free for a 22 yard catch. Camera goes back to the GSU sideline, the two coaches have separated. DD makes a catch for a 1st down. One last camera shot, the coaches have moved to different zip codes.

Third and 29 at our own 7 yard line. The camera flashed to the GSU sideline and the HC has his arm around the neck of the DC. DD breaks free for a 22 yard catch. Camera goes back to the GSU sideline, the two coaches have separated. DD makes a catch for a 1st down. One last camera shot, the coaches have moved to different zip codes.

We started to see it in the previous seasons where situations that seemed insurmountable ... were becoming very doable / guys were making plays.

I was surprisingly less worried than usual at the GSU game .... (granted still a little worried ;) )

4th Quarter in Tampa watching Mo go to work and marching us down the field and running out the clock. They couldn't stop us. We were dominating a Blue Blood in a Bowl. Weather was perfect. Simply awesome.

Standing and waiting to storm the field and then in risk of losing and then gave saving interception vs PSU #2.

I really enjoyed when the crowd booed the team for going to slow after turning a 3rd and 30 into a first down against Georgia southern

yeah, when Morgan did the sideline check, crowd about lost it

GET MOVING

Hearing the opening notes to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" while going nuts and watching the mass of jubilant humanity on the field. ;) I didn't want to hurt myself going down to the field so I enjoyed it as much watching from the stands.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Last edited:

This...

Followed a few plays later by this (keep it rolling to see "amped" PJ)...

And followed a few plays later by this. There as a lot of smack talk coming from Auburn fans before the game how Brown and the rest of their D-Line was going to destroy our O-Line. And, the announcers kept repeating how great of a program Auburn was and we were the little upstarts that didn't belong on the stage. Really liked this finish to break the Beagles.

We started to see it in the previous seasons where situations that seemed insurmountable ... were becoming very doable / guys were making plays.

I was surprisingly less worried than usual at the GSU game .... (granted still a little worried ;) )

I kept taking deep, (I mean deep) breathes during that drive. There was a calmness about the team that I picked up on. Like you, I worried but felt comfortable (an unusual state). It was a game that defined the season even though GSU should have never been in the game.

Tailgating vs Maryland before curb-stomping them

I was slow coming to this thread. Read them all and I'm telling you, the first three games of the season just gave me an ill feeling how we were going to deal with the rest of the season. We've got a lot of heart as expressed by all you guys/gals. Have to go with Mo carrying a few players to keep the drive going down the field. However many, many other highlights just a slim hair behind.

When PJ Fleck and the team were preparing to run onto the field before the Penn State team. Brought a tear to my eye. Chris Long from KSTP had a good video of it. I cant find it now.

1. Howden INT to ice PSU game. Dropped to my knees in pure joy in my hotel room in Dallas.

2. Rashod TD against PSU. The two week build up to that game was unbearable. The INT and TD to start was just unreal.

3. TJ's game sealing TD against Auburn. I had just turned to my brother in the stands and told him I wasn't worried about the outcome because Auburn couldn't stop our offense.

4. Entire 2nd half of Nebraska game. I was smiling ear to ear as our boys just physically dominated.

Reading the doom and gloom posts on this site when we weren’t winning the non conference games by wide enough margins.

yeah, when Morgan did the sideline check, crowd about lost it

GET MOVING

That's one of those things that I both get ... and don't like.

Like I get the frustration, but at the same time the team has to do its process for plays.... I want them to hurry up too but abandoning whatever it is they do probably is a recipe for quick failure too.

Also I never like booing at college games in general.

Dish TV and Fox/BIG came to an agreement to end their blackout and broadcast the 2019 season.

When PJ Fleck and the team were preparing to run onto the field before the Penn State team. Brought a tear to my eye. Chris Long from KSTP had a good video of it. I cant find it now.
This gets me.
Every.
Single.
Time.
Have another tear.

I love how fan got in before the game started! look how full the stands where before kickoff. Now if only we can do that every game! And, how fans didn't leave early. We prove we can no excesses from now on. ;)

Last edited:

Casey O'Brien moment by far (I mean, that is sooooo much more important in the big scheme of things).

But, for me, my favorite moment and point where I went "Ok, we've definitely turned the corner!" was in the Penn State game. Remember? Toward the end of the 3rd quarter and PSU was inching back. This was the point when, in previous years, we'd slowly let a big game vs. a top-tier team slip away. But, the play that made me think that this was a different Gopher team was the 3rd and 10 play where Tanner looks left, then throws that great pass to Bateman out at the 2. For me, that was the fulcrum or hinge of the season that said this was a new day for Gopher football.

Interception to seal the Penn State win.

I wasn't able to get tickets to this game (in hindsight, that was a good thing...) but I did do some tailgating beforehand. And I was about to board the light rail on campus to get home and watch when I heard the stadium erupt. I knew something awesome must have happened.

For me, I loved all the big wins, but I think the one thing that was the most surreal and cool, was the national attention. We could tune into the weekly CFP show, and we actually got a ton of airtime. It seemed like people always wanted to talk about us. It was such a weird feeling.

Watching big Mo Ibrahim truck the entire Auburn defense to get the game sealing first down in the Outback Bowl.

I will go a little bit differently. At N'western. Morgan dropped a dime to TJ for a first down. I was there & it was beautiful. Not a major play, but so nice to see live. I watched the replay on tv later & the announcer called it "a ball down the chimney" or something like that. Gorgeous

Have another tear.

I've said this a few times, and I have no real way of proving it, but I swear I was part of the group in the student section that started this 2 seasons ago. It won't pretend like it was my idea, but for the first couple games of that season it was only our section doing it. It was so fun watching it expand each game last year, until this incredible moment. I love how it looks kind of like choppy waters (RTB). I'd imagine the entrance against Wisconsin was just as cool.

Top Bottom