Fantasy Sports Talk

In my 30 years of fantasy football, I don't ever recall being in this position. I have no one else to use, so I eat the zero on CMC. I could drop the Jets D and pick up a guy like Braelon Allen, but the Jets D is in my lineup, so I'd have to take a zero there. At least it's only week 1.

Last edited:

It's official now; no CMC tonight. Ruh roh...
I was already going to lose unless he scored like 6 TDs so if it’s going to happen this was a good time I guess.

We added the “play vs the median” each week as a second game so I’m off to an 0-2 start.

I was already going to lose unless he scored like 6 TDs so if it’s going to happen this was a good time I guess.

We added the “play vs the median” each week as a second game so I’m off to an 0-2 start.

F*ckers just canceled my bets instead of paying them off. WTF.... I guess I should be happy I got my money back. That Mason dude is going off for the 49ers.

CMC f’d me. I was down by 2.5 pts, so I didn’t need much from him, just something. I guess it’s karma; I got him with the 3rd pick only because I’m in a severe GB/WI Homer league where the top two picks were Jordan Love and Jonathan Taylor.

CMC f’d me. I was down by 2.5 pts, so I didn’t need much from him, just something. I guess it’s karma; I got him with the 3rd pick only because I’m in a severe GB/WI Homer league where the top two picks were Jordan Love and Jonathan Taylor.
Wow. I always throw out Vikings players in our auction draft right away because they always get overbid.

A lot of tough matchups this week in the Survival Pool. BAL seems like the only true lock at Home against LV along with KC although CIN always gives them problems.

I'm thinking about going with the LAC or WAS to use another bad team early in the year after getting lucky with CHI last week. Thoughts?

A lot of tough matchups this week in the Survival Pool. BAL seems like the only true lock at Home against LV along with KC although CIN always gives them problems.

I'm thinking about going with the LAC or WAS to use another bad team early in the year after getting lucky with CHI last week. Thoughts?

I've got 3 entries in my pool at Circa and I'm going with:

- Houston for sure against Chicago; Bears were terrible last week, Houston is pretty damn good, playing in their home opener, and it's the first road game for Williams

- LA Chargers for sure; I'm basically betting on Harbaugh/Herbert over Canales/Young. It may not be pretty and they may not cover the -6.5 spread, but Harbaugh will grind out another win

- Leaning towards the NY Jets at the Titans. Titans were ass last week, Will Levis is just not an NFL franchise QB, and they have a new coaching staff. Saleh being an idiot gives me cause for concern, but I'm betting on Rodgers and the Jets defense over Levis here.

- Haven't decided 100% yet but instead of the NY Jets, my "contrarian pick" would be Jacksonville to knock off Cleveland. I'm just not super impressed with Trevor Lawrence and Doug Pedersen sure seems to be an idiot an awful lot during games.

Sure, Ravens and KC seem like locks but as I stated before, I'm sticking with picking AGAINST shit QBs whenever possible. Minshew is a backup QB, but he could pull a game out of his ass against the Ravens. And Burrow struggled last week but he could obviously play well against the Chiefs

I'm going to continue doing everything I can to avoid going AGAINST franchise QBs.

Another minor point, just my opinion.... I would try to avoid overreacting to some QBs that had rough days in Week 1 that are either coming back from injury last year, and/or didn't play at all in the preseason.

That would include:

- Cousins, Herbert, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Burrow. (I expect all of these guys to play better in Week 2 than last Sunday, whether they win or not, who knows)

These guys also fall into that category, but I'm not sure they are worth a shit whether they are coming off an injury or not:

- Deshaun Watson, Daniel Jones, Anthony Richardson

Another minor point, just my opinion.... I would try to avoid overreacting to some QBs that had rough days in Week 1 that are either coming back from injury last year, and/or didn't play at all in the preseason.

That would include:

- Cousins, Herbert, Aaron Rodgers, Joe Burrow. (I expect all of these guys to play better in Week 2 than last Sunday, whether they win or not, who knows)

These guys also fall into that category, but I'm not sure they are worth a shit whether they are coming off an injury or not:

- Deshaun Watson, Daniel Jones, Anthony Richardson
Since starters really stopped playing in preseason a handful of years ago, the difference between week 1 and week 3 is often stark. Between the play of starters and penalties, week 1/2 in the NFL is almost unwatchable. It’s never going to happen, but it sure would be nice to mandate some level of play in the preseason. The NFL’s product early in the season definitely struggles because of it.

Me finding out CMC was put on the IR already

giphy.gif

I've got 3 entries in my pool at Circa and I'm going with:

- Houston for sure against Chicago; Bears were terrible last week, Houston is pretty damn good, playing in their home opener, and it's the first road game for Williams

- LA Chargers for sure; I'm basically betting on Harbaugh/Herbert over Canales/Young. It may not be pretty and they may not cover the -6.5 spread, but Harbaugh will grind out another win

- Leaning towards the NY Jets at the Titans. Titans were ass last week, Will Levis is just not an NFL franchise QB, and they have a new coaching staff. Saleh being an idiot gives me cause for concern, but I'm betting on Rodgers and the Jets defense over Levis here.

- Haven't decided 100% yet but instead of the NY Jets, my "contrarian pick" would be Jacksonville to knock off Cleveland. I'm just not super impressed with Trevor Lawrence and Doug Pedersen sure seems to be an idiot an awful lot during games.

Sure, Ravens and KC seem like locks but as I stated before, I'm sticking with picking AGAINST shit QBs whenever possible. Minshew is a backup QB, but he could pull a game out of his ass against the Ravens. And Burrow struggled last week but he could obviously play well against the Chiefs

I'm going to continue doing everything I can to avoid going AGAINST franchise QBs.

All 3 of my entries advanced, tickled about that. And it was an absolutely bloody day in my Circa Survivor pool, yet again. The top picks in Week 2:

- Baltimore. 2304 entries
- Houston. 2049
- Chargers. 1276
- Detroit. 859
- Philly. 785
- Jaguars. 259
- Dallas. 255
- Indy Colts. 187

My rough calculation had almost 4000 more entries eliminated, after over 5000 eliminated last week. Some of these I just don't get.

Why do you pick Detroit against a Tampa Bay team that looked really good last week (and it would be nice to have Detroit for Thanksgiving if you make it that far?). Same with Dallas, against a Saints team that looked great last week, who also plays on Thanksgiving? (Thanksgiving and Christmas slate in Circa are a separate week in this pool so if you happen to get that far, it's REALLY important to have a few teams available for that week)

And I wouldn't bet on it but I wouldn't be shocked if Cousins and Atlanta beats Philly tonight.

People bet their pool lives by betting against QBs like Carr, Mayfield, and even Minshew when you could bet against Bryce Young, Will Levis, even Caleb Williams (who continues to struggle).

Survive and Advance!!

All 3 of my entries advanced, tickled about that. And it was an absolutely bloody day in my Circa Survivor pool, yet again. The top picks in Week 2:

- Baltimore. 2304 entries
- Houston. 2049
- Chargers. 1276
- Detroit. 859
- Philly. 785
- Jaguars. 259
- Dallas. 255
- Indy Colts. 187

My rough calculation had almost 4000 more entries eliminated, after over 5000 eliminated last week. Some of these I just don't get.

Why do you pick Detroit against a Tampa Bay team that looked really good last week (and it would be nice to have Detroit for Thanksgiving if you make it that far?). Same with Dallas, against a Saints team that looked great last week, who also plays on Thanksgiving? (Thanksgiving and Christmas slate in Circa are a separate week in this pool so if you happen to get that far, it's REALLY important to have a few teams available for that week)

And I wouldn't bet on it but I wouldn't be shocked if Cousins and Atlanta beats Philly tonight.

People bet their pool lives by betting against QBs like Carr, Mayfield, and even Minshew when you could bet against Bryce Young, Will Levis, even Caleb Williams (who continues to struggle).

Survive and Advance!!
Feeling pretty good after surviving CHI in Week 1 and using the LAC in Week 2. My $25 Entry Fee pool started with 100,000 entries and is already down to 19,257 remaining players. 😮

I said it after Week 1, start your selection process with whoever CAR is playing and you might not even need to look further.

It's still really early but great call on Caleb Williams. I thought having DJ Moore, Keenan Allen and Rome Odunze would ease his transition. Nope.

It's still really early but great call on Caleb Williams. I thought having DJ Moore, Keenan Allen and Rome Odunze would ease his transition. Nope.

Williams may just turn out to be great. But right now, he's an inexperienced QB, playing behind a bad OL, and an offense that can't run the ball. I'm going to continue to short Williams until he turns the corner. It could very well happen by mid-later season, but it won't be anytime soon.

Too early to decide for sure, but in Week 3 (for Survivor) I like the Raiders, Cleveland and Tampa Bay. Anxious to see how many survived in my pool. I think it started with around 14,000 entries

Williams may just turn out to be great. But right now, he's an inexperienced QB, playing behind a bad OL, and an offense that can't run the ball. I'm going to continue to short Williams until he turns the corner. It could very well happen by mid-later season, but it won't be anytime soon.

Too early to decide for sure, but in Week 3 (for Survivor) I like the Raiders, Cleveland and Tampa Bay. Anxious to see how many survived in my pool. I think it started with around 14,000 entries
Yeah...TB for sure and it should be a great chance to use LV as a confident selection. You'd have to guess that a huge % of remaining players will go with one (1) of those two (2) options.

Yeah...TB for sure and it should be a great chance to use LV as a confident selection. You'd have to guess that a huge % of remaining players will go with one (1) of those two (2) options.

Biggest favorites with the early opening lines for Week 3:

SF 49ers by -7.5 over the Rams
Cincinnati by -7.5 over the Commanders

Raiders by -7 over Carolina

Tampa Bay by -6.5 over the Broncos
Cleveland by -6.5 over the Giants
NY Jets by -6.5 over the Patriots

I don't like betting against McVay and Stafford in a division game here
I'm still leery about betting against the explosiveness of Jayden Daniels

And with how Brisset has played "decent", not crazy about betting the Jets against the Patriots in a division game.

So more than likely, it'll be Raiders, Cleveland and Tampa Bay; but it's a long week. We'll see how some injury reports come out

Biggest favorites with the early opening lines for Week 3:

SF 49ers by -7.5 over the Rams
Cincinnati by -7.5 over the Commanders

Raiders by -7 over Carolina

Tampa Bay by -6.5 over the Broncos
Cleveland by -6.5 over the Giants
NY Jets by -6.5 over the Patriots

I don't like betting against McVay and Stafford in a division game here
I'm still leery about betting against the explosiveness of Jayden Daniels

And with how Brisset has played "decent", not crazy about betting the Jets against the Patriots in a division game.

So more than likely, it'll be Raiders, Cleveland and Tampa Bay; but it's a long week. We'll see how some injury reports come out
Those are the same three I have narrowed down to. If I had to pick right now I’ll keep fading Carolina but admittedly I haven’t looked into the future schedules of the raiders or Cleveland. May want to save the Raiders for when they face Denver.

Those are the same three I have narrowed down to. If I had to pick right now I’ll keep fading Carolina but admittedly I haven’t looked into the future schedules of the raiders or Cleveland. May want to save the Raiders for when they face Denver.

I'm probably giving Sean Payton way, way too much credit in Denver but I am just thinking at some point he's going to have Bo Nix playing at a high enough level to win some games, and the defense looks pretty stout. I'm going to continue being leery about going against them, until I have more info.

HA!! Carolina benches Bryce Young and will start Andy Dalton, and the line moved from Raiders (-7) to Raider (-5.5). Classic.

Only two games with the new coaching staff. Seems a little weird to do it that quickly.
CAR could have Stroud or Richardson AND Harrison Jr/Nabers plus all of their other picks. Herschel was a heist compared to that debacle, especially if Caleb pans out. Oof.

CAR could have Stroud or Richardson AND Harrison Jr/Nabers plus all of their other picks. Herschel was a heist compared to that debacle, especially if Caleb pans out. Oof.
I don't get even thinking Bryce Young was that great of a prospect (relative speaking for a #1 overall pick).

I don't get even thinking Bryce Young was that great of a prospect (relative speaking for a #1 overall pick).

In all fairness, at least 2 of the smarter guys I listen to thought Young was a better prospect than Stroud. Sure doesn't look like it. I was prepared for Stroud to take a step back this year also, as teams had more tape on him and the Texans went from the hunters to becoming the hunted; a lot different with higher expectations, but they seem to be handling it

Survive and Advance!!

And another 785 people bite the dust in my Survivor league with Philly going down. Hell yeah!!

Kirk "MONEY" Cousins, in prime time!!

I went 0-4 in my 3 leagues this week (one league does a 2nd game against the median) and lost those 4 by a combined 6.5 points.

High Value Fantasy Injuries thru Week 2:

CMC
Joe Mixon
Isiah Pacheco
Kenneth Walker III
Raheem Mostert
Justin Jefferson
AJ Brown
Cooper Kupp
Puka Nacua
Amon-ra St. Brown
Keenan Allen
Tee Higgins
Evan Engram
Jake Ferguson

Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle's Fantasy value also takes a giant dump with Tua's injury. Brutal.

Top Bottom