Falck, Benhart on playing Minnesota

Have we considered that Benhart might be a double agent and secretly playing for the U? His play certainly benefited us today. The evidence is hard to ignore…
Hmmmm. . . well, he directly got us 2 points today. You've convinced me.

Bryce Benhart drinks for free in Dinkytown!!!!

Doesn't like Minnesota so doubt he's coming home again.
I wish that is how it worked. I know tons of former Badgers that live in the cities. They have their own bars and shit.

I count 31 who list Minnesota hometowns as well as one from Sioux Falls, one from St Croix Falls, and one from Eau Claire.

Sam Pickerign lists Alpharetta, GA as hometown but played at Minnehaha Academy.
You had to go there, didn't you... 🤪 OK, so I went and looked at the NDSU roster... my quick count was 30 MN players on that team. Soooo close. That's more than in past years.

St. Thomas just joined the Pioneer Conference
For now... Lets talk again in 5 years when their probationary period is over and the Pioneer Conf. wants to run 'em out just like the MIAC did. They'll be in the MVC soon enough.

It doesn't bother me too much that they resent Minnesota. One wouldn't really care about all the dozens of P5 schools that didn't recruit you. But you would care about the one P5 that you dreamed of playing for not recruiting you. Even though the U of M owed them nothing, they invested their whole fandom existence in the Gophers. So that stings for them when they don't get a whiff from the UMN. I understand it. You still need to beat their a$$. But I don't blame them for singling out MN as a particularly desirable foe they'd like to show up.

There’s always the provincial thought that Minnesota is some sort of high-end football player producing state. It is not. Hockey took care of that starting in the 60s and 70s.

Middling, maybe in the low 20s at best.

Falck had 36 yards from what I saw. Don't know if I could call that "monster".
Oh, not at all. I was joking. Especially with 1 of them being against prevent defense.

I hope they don't have to wear a snorkel to bed tonight so they don't from drown in their tears. I really laugh when guys pop off like these two did, especially Falck. PJ probably wouldn't abide it, but I wouldn't have blamed Gopher players if they really gave it to these two after the game.

Falck is cool in my book. He wanted an offer from his hometown team and didn't get it. I'm glad local guys want to play for the U.

Benhart? F him. He is a douche and a pretty bad OL that we bent over backwards to try to get here.
I don't get Benhart. I remember hearing about the helicopter story from a colleague. If he didn't want to be here, fine. But he must think rather highly of himself to harbor that kind of ill-will towards a program he chose to spurn. Must be a real gem of a family.

The slogan guy will still have a job come Monday. His coach may not.

Benhart plays like Bob Newhart. Talk trash when you’re not not getting turnstiled.

Benhart is like reminds me of the Metrodome. He sucks and blows. In the end, he’s ugly

As a native of Minnesota, Nebraska senior receiver Levi Falck grew up watching Minnesota Gophers football.
He’s not a fan anymore, though.
“They didn’t recruit me at all,” said Falck, noting the Gophers did recruit him as a baseball player before eventually backing off.
Falck, of Circle Pines, Minnesota, joined the South Dakota football program, making 14 starts with the Coyotes from 2016 to 2019. He caught 70 passes for 774 yards and a pair of touchdowns for USD, and thought that maybe would attract Minnesota’s attention.
“When I entered the transfer portal (after the 2019 season), they kind of were iffy on that and backed out,” Falck said. “So I don’t like Minnesota. I don’t like Minnesota at all.”

It’s a subject that comes up between Falck and offensive tackle Bryce Benhart, a native of Lakeville, Minnesota.
“We’re locker buddies, so he’s right next to me in the locker room,” Falck said. “We always talk about how we don’t like Minnesota and we’ve got to beat them.”
Falck has played in all seven games for Nebraska so far this season and has nine catches for 119 yards. He's come on over the past two games, logging six catches for 69 and a go-ahead touchdown against Michigan on Saturday.

“He’s fired up just to be starting,” Falck added. “And even more fired up to get a chance to beat our hometown.”
News to the Falck kid:

Nebby didn't recruit you out of high school either. And apparently neither did any other P5 school, that is why you went to south Dakota! Glad for you that a P5 school did give you a chance with a transfer, but not all did.

Maybe you Minnesota kids at Nebraska should set you sights on a goal that kind of symbols mediocre success, one that is maybe more attainable than beating the U. Try to make a bowl game, oops maybe not this year again. It sure would be nice to play in a bowl game at least once in your college career.

Its too bad how much parents influence have on their kids as to negativity, what to do and what not to do etc. I'm suspecting both of these guys have been poison by their parents in more ways than one.

Have no problem with Falck or his comments, was a MN kid wanting a MN offer, didn’t get it, now playing against a team playing MN and was motivated to play well. I say good for him.
Benhart, on the other hand, has nothing to complain about other than spurning MN’s offer, gets beat by MN each year, doesn’t sniff a bowl game, gets benched for poor play, and made a horrible play late in the game. Don’t feel bad for that kid at all.

Benhart, on the other hand, has nothing to complain about other than spurning MN’s offer, gets beat by MN each year, doesn’t sniff a bowl game, gets benched for poor play, and made a horrible play late in the game. Don’t feel bad for that kid at all.
And he's from Lakeville.

He looks quite lost in pass protection with really bad footwork if you ask me!
T-Rex has shorter arms, but I bet could tackle better than Benhart.

At least he should use his long arms so the Refs can make a proper holding call. He got away with a few. Maybe that could have saved them from a safety.

And it blows my mind that someone who chooses to write about the sport professionally doesn’t pursue that very obvious line of questioning with the player.
And it blows my mind that they would even write about a kid that no one has heard of.

Seriously, is there a single Gopher fan that had ever heard of Falk a week ago? Anyone?

Top Bottom