Falck, Benhart on playing Minnesota

You have a bunch of physical education majors predicting how some 18 year old kid will pan out. One of the top safeties in college football is the kid on the Iowa team, he had no power 5 offers coming out of HS. The reason all these Valley teams, Div. II and III are the top in the nation is predominantly because the majority of their rosters are Minnesota boys. NDSU, Mankato, UMD, UND, SJU, Bethel, Nebraska has a lot of Minnesota kids.

Last edited:

You have a bunch of physical education majors predicting how some 18 year old kid will pan out. One of the top safeties in college football is the kid on the Iowa team, he had no power 5 offers coming out of HS. The reason all these Valley teams, Div. II and III are the top in the nation is predominantly because the majority of their rosters are Minnesota boys. NDSU, Mankato, UMD, UND, SJU, Bethel, Nebraska has a lot of Minnesota kids.
Why aren’t the gophers tops in the nation if Minnesota kids are the best, and we have more kids from Minnesota than anywhere else?

Would Bethel be competitive in the Big Ten?

You lost me at Y
I think the thread was reporting on Minnesota kids playing for Nebraska, it is a known fact that these lower level divisions and teams that I mentioned are rated near the top nationally in their respected divisions. Primarily because there is only 1 division 1 program in our state. More kids would be playing Division I from Minnesota if their were more teams. St. Thomas just joined the Pioneer Conference which is on the same level as the MIAC. SJU would beat all of those teams.

I would assume most DII and DIII rosters are instate kids. Nebby has two players from MN.

I think the thread was reporting on Minnesota kids playing for Nebraska, it is a known fact that these lower level divisions and teams that I mentioned are rated near the top nationally in their respected divisions. Primarily because there is only 1 division 1 program in our state. More kids would be playing Division I from Minnesota if their were more teams. St. Thomas just joined the Pioneer Conference which is on the same level as the MIAC. SJU would beat all of those teams.
Huh?

I would assume most DII and DIII rosters are instate kids. Nebby has two players from MN.
If a team has one Minnesota kid and is a remotely good team it is an indictment against the gophers, and I don’t want to hear about how the gophers have dozens of Minnesota boys.

Falck wasn't recruited, but Benhart was a blue chip recruit. There's nothing shocking here. Of course Falck is motivated and wants to ball out against his home state team. It's why NDSU was crazy motivated a few years back. It's an entire team of kids not recruited by the Gophers.
Benhart was a highly rated recruit in high school, but I wouldn't call him a blue chipper. I think of a blue chip recruit as someone in the top 50-60 (5* or very high 4*). Bryce had a .9349 rating and was ranked 153 by 247 composite. Looking at the recruits in that group, I see plenty of them who haven't exactly contributed greatly to the teams they play for.

Does Falck think that the Gophers will pick him over Dylan Wright? If he badly wanted to be a Gopher, maybe he would have been a walk-on candidate. Some local PWOs earned scholarships through hard work and dedication. The most likely scenario is he may never see the playing field. That is unless he worked hard and bloomed. There are PWOs like Blake Cashman who blossomed and ended up in the Pros.

As far as Benhart is concerned, what I hear is that he despises the Row The Boat culture and mantras. He has no beef with the Gophers. Fleck recruits players who want to be Gophers.

Falck showed up today. Monster performance.

Benhart got whipped today.

Falck is cool in my book. He wanted an offer from his hometown team and didn't get it. I'm glad local guys want to play for the U.

Benhart? F him. He is a douche and a pretty bad OL that we bent over backwards to try to get here.

Why aren’t the gophers tops in the nation if Minnesota kids are the best, and we have more kids from Minnesota than anywhere else?
Do we...? I'm not gonna bother counting, but every year there's a couple dozen Minnesota kids on the NDSU roster.

Do we...? I'm not gonna bother counting, but every year there's a couple dozen Minnesota kids on the NDSU roster.
I'm not gonna count either, but I would be shocked if we didn't.

Falck is cool in my book. He wanted an offer from his hometown team and didn't get it. I'm glad local guys want to play for the U.
Agreed... That's why I've refrained from taking any shots at him. Benhart (and his dad) are fair game.

He had 4 catches for 36 yds with the longest being a 16-yard reception. Other than that tight end, he was their most productive receiver.
That doesn't mean he's good. I don't think he'd crack our lineup and we don't even have great receivers.

He had 4 catches for 36 yds with the longest being a 16-yard reception. Other than that tight end, he was their most productive receiver.
4 catches for 36 yards is still practically nothing, yes I get it that he was one of the most productive but he definitely wasn't a game change what so ever.

That doesn't mean he's good. I don't think he'd crack our lineup and we don't even have great receivers.
You're right with the depth here he wouldn't even be close, maybe on special teams.

I count 31 who list Minnesota hometowns as well as one from Sioux Falls, one from St Croix Falls, and one from Eau Claire.

Sam Pickerign lists Alpharetta, GA as hometown but played at Minnehaha Academy.

Top Bottom