Excited for Indiana Game

Are you capable of looking at more than the present? My views and negative emotions stem from looking at a 5 year capsule of time. While beautiful for one glorious night, last night's win could cost the Gopher 25 to 30 wins, a Final Four appearance and Big Ten titles.

Would you trade the chance for those things for last night? It's a reasonable question.

I won't pile on Moses. I'll even admit there is at least a bit of merit to your question.

I don't agree at all with your take and think you are greatly overestimating the likely benefits a new coach could provide, but it isn't too terribly outrageous IMO.

I just hate it that you cannot fully enjoy what was one of this program's signature moments of at least the past quarter century. Coaches come and go, but night's like last night are special.

Savor them. We never know when we might get another chance to repeat it.

I won't pile on Moses. I'll even admit there is at least a bit of merit to your question.

I don't agree at all with your take and think you are greatly overestimating the likely benefits a new coach could provide, but it isn't too terribly outrageous IMO.

I just hate it that you cannot fully enjoy what was one of this program's signature moments of at least the past quarter century. Coaches come and go, but night's like last night are special.

Savor them. We never know when we might get another chance to repeat it.

I am trying to savor it, I really am.

But in the back of my mind, there's a harsh realization that Tubby will survive to coach another season, and the Big 3 of 2014 will all sign elsewhere. Then we're back to watching Tubby ball with more shot clock violations and heaved 30 footers than actual made FG's.

But in the back of my mind, there's a harsh realization that Tubby will survive to coach another season, and the Big 3 of 2014 will all sign elsewhere. Then we're back to watching Tubby ball with more shot clock violations and heaved 30 footers than actual made FG's.

Our future as a program does not crash and burn if the Big 3 do not sign here. If we miss out on the Big 3 and get Gavin, Alex, Henry, and Jarvis. I will be disappointed at what could have been. But those are some good recruits.

You want to look at the big picture Moses? We don't know what is going to happen in the present, but for all your bitching, that win could just as easily set us up to go 10-8 and make a run in the BT and NCAA tourneys. There's enough evidence to show that this team could play deep into March. A real fan would look at it that way. You are a complete tool.

Love him or hate him, I think you are taking the wrong perspective on Tubby here. I am still in the camp that thinks his job security will be based on tournament results this season. If I am right, then one of two things will happen: (1) Tubby will have success in the tournament this year, proving that he is capable of coaching the Gophers to successful playoff runs and everyone who said he can't will be proven wrong (please let this be what happens!), or (2) he won't, and you will get the new coach you want.

Never cheer for against a coach. If you're a fan of the gophers cheer for them. If you're not a fan go ice fishing

I can grasp 6 years of .400 basketball in Big Ten play and I can grasp going .500 with the most experienced team in the Big Ten. His offense is downright offensive. Tubby got bailed out by the fans last night. Is there a chance that Tubby takes the Gophers to a Final 4 and future Big Ten titles? Maybe, but I like the odds a lot more with someone younger and more energetic.

Gotcha. Losses are all Tubby's fault. Wins are because of players and fans only.

I understand that you are playing chess, seeing things develop 5 and 6 moves ahead while some of us are just playing checkers...happy with this win and ready for another game that might make us feel good for only a short period of time. I get it.
I guess I like checkers grandmaster.

Moses -- Is there any REAL indication that the Big 3 will come here if we get a new coach, or that they won't if Tubby is here?!

If Tubby is still here, that will probably mean he got us to at least the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney, and hopefully further. Who is to say that a good finish to the season, along with our big win over #1 IU, and all the excitement seen in the barn last night and a relationship that has already been established between Tubby and the 14ers wouldn't be what does bring those guys here?!

Having a bad year, flopping in the end, firing Tubby, and bringing in some new guy that the 14ers haven't any kind of relationship with yet, might actually be what pushes them away from the program?!

So, who would do better, a supposedly great young energetic coach with no talent to work with, or a supposedly old and unenergetic bad coach, with TONS of talent?!

Seems to me that the old unenergetic crappy coach did pretty good with the talent we got right now, last night?!

And who is to say that after he gets the 14ers, he doesn't get another job offer and move on, leaving us with our desired recruits and a new young energetic coach, and the 2.5 mil as well, right?! If he takes another coaching job, we don't have to pay him the buyout, right?! Who is to say he doesn't make a run to the FF with those guys and then retires on top of the game or something?!

I don't know, but what I do know is that you don't know either. We could fire Tubby, bring in a new coach, and STILL lose out on those guys, and maybe the new guy would not be that good, and maybe we'd suck really bad and Nebraska and Purdue might move ahead of us, Maryland and Rutgers could also move ahead of us, and then we'd be struggling to finish 14th in the conference, and would be praying for a chance to get to the NIT every year?! And NW and PSU could also end up beating us?! We'd be the new PSU.

Moses -- Is there any REAL indication that the Big 3 will come here if we get a new coach, or that they won't if Tubby is here?!

If Tubby is still here, that will probably mean he got us to at least the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney, and hopefully further. Who is to say that a good finish to the season, along with our big win over #1 IU, and all the excitement seen in the barn last night and a relationship that has already been established between Tubby and the 14ers wouldn't be what does bring those guys here?!

Having a bad year, flopping in the end, firing Tubby, and bringing in some new guy that the 14ers haven't any kind of relationship with yet, might actually be what pushes them away from the program?!

So, who would do better, a supposedly great young energetic coach with no talent to work with, or a supposedly old and unenergetic bad coach, with TONS of talent?!

Seems to me that the old unenergetic crappy coach did pretty good with the talent we got right now, last night?!

And who is to say that after he gets the 14ers, he doesn't get another job offer and move on, leaving us with our desired recruits and a new young energetic coach, and the 2.5 mil as well, right?! If he takes another coaching job, we don't have to pay him the buyout, right?! Who is to say he doesn't make a run to the FF with those guys and then retires on top of the game or something?!

I don't know, but what I do know is that you don't know either. We could fire Tubby, bring in a new coach, and STILL lose out on those guys, and maybe the new guy would not be that good, and maybe we'd suck really bad and Nebraska and Purdue might move ahead of us, Maryland and Rutgers could also move ahead of us, and then we'd be struggling to finish 14th in the conference, and would be praying for a chance to get to the NIT every year?! And NW and PSU could also end up beating us?! We'd be the new PSU.

Who is to say?

I am to say....I just don't think any NBA prospect is going to look at Tubby's offense and say "count me in." I'm sorry but Tubby runs a 1990's offense and doesn't have a good track record of players developing under his tutelage.

Rehash, rehash, rehash.

Moses, are you familiar with the "Rule of the Hole"? When you're in one, stop digging.

You remind me of my niece when she was young, and I would have to tell her that it is o.k. to have a thought that is not expressed vocally, or in your case, posted. It's o.k. to not post your every thought.

Maybe you should fulfill your promises of stepping away from GH for a while. Try to actually enjoy a game, and maybe get some clarity.

Moses, are you familiar with the "Rule of the Hole"? When you're in one, stop digging.

You remind me of my niece when she was young, and I would have to tell her that it is o.k. to have a thought that is not expressed vocally, or in your case, posted. It's o.k. to not post your every thought.

Maybe you should fulfill your promises of stepping away from GH for a while. Try to actually enjoy a game, and maybe get some clarity.

The Gophers could win the next 4 NCAA Tournaments in a row, and Moses would still be upset because it would mean Tubby's around longer.

Top Bottom