Excited for Indiana Game

Favorite post I've read in awhile. Nice to know i'm not the only that loves the idea of the #1 team in the country coming into our place. I'm completely with you, get the barn into it early, game on. Haven't had one of those good old barn ear aches in awhile. Why not us?

Its gameday boys (and ladies)... lets get pumped. The Gophers have not beat a number 1 team at Williams since 1989.... Why not us? I assume I have permission to rush the court when we win? :)

Its gameday boys (and ladies)... lets get pumped. The Gophers have not beat a number 1 team at Williams since 1989.... Why not us? I assume I have permission to rush the court when we win? :)

Lets hope we get the chance!

Not so much permission as giving in to the inevitable, there was no holding them back.

My level of excitement for the IU game is about the same I feel when playing the Powerball Lottery when the pot hits 200mil or higher. It's a wonderful dream, but not worth investing too much time thinking about. Besides a win over IU would only serve to extend Tubby's vise grip on this program another year. Lose to IU, Lose to Nebraska and Lose to Purdue, miss the dance and we will rid ourselves of this nightmare. I would rather lose with a 750k coach than watch Tubby steal.

Great win and ended up being the best game i've witnessed at Williams. Yes Moses 87, it was indeed a dream and not a nightmare.

Nights like tonight are why it is so great to be a sports fan in general and a Gopher fan specifically!

Minnesota has played MORE games vs RPI Top 25 teams than Arizona, Cincinnati and Missouri...

COMBINED!!!!

And Minnesota has WON more games vs RPI Top 25 teams than Arizona, Cincinnati & Missouri...

COMBINED!!!!!!

Minnesota has played MORE games vs RPI Top 25 teams than Arizona, Cincinnati and Missouri...

COMBINED!!!!

And Minnesota has WON more games vs RPI Top 25 teams than Arizona, Cincinnati & Missouri...

COMBINED!!!!!!

Good to see you finally found a cure for verbal diarrhea.

My level of excitement for the IU game is about the same I feel when playing the Powerball Lottery when the pot hits 200mil or higher. It's a wonderful dream, but not worth investing too much time thinking about. Besides a win over IU would only serve to extend Tubby's vise grip on this program another year. Lose to IU, Lose to Nebraska and Lose to Purdue, miss the dance and we will rid ourselves of this nightmare. I would rather lose with a 750k coach than watch Tubby steal.

What does crow taste like, Moses? Not as good as manna or quail, I'm sure. To quote one of my people, "It is easy to be cynical." There is more joy in looking forward to good things than predicting bad things.

What does crow taste like, Moses? Not as good as manna or quail, I'm sure. To quote one of my people, "It is easy to be cynical." There is more joy in looking forward to good things than predicting bad things.

I love that our own Holy Man takes a few shots and is willing to mix it up!! Good for you!!

Go Gophers!!

Mulligan --

It's easy to be brief and to the point when you don't really have one. It's easy to keep your arguments short when they lack any kind of real substance.

I know that in this day of short attention spans and twitter mania, where people can't remember or have never learned what something called "a book" is, its the norm for people to think that its best to master the one liner, but that doesn't mean that I have to, or that I will conform to such shallow standards.

Mulligan --

It's easy to be brief and to the point when you don't really have one. It's easy to keep your arguments short when they lack any kind of real substance.

I know that in this day of short attention spans and twitter mania, where people can't remember or have never learned what something called "a book" is, its the norm for people to think that its best to master the one liner, but that doesn't mean that I have to, or that I will conform to such shallow standards.

So you have an extremely high opinion of yourself. Thanks for pointing that out to us peons.

Sorry for the short and shallow response.

Thanks for starting this positive thread, Rouser! Saw it when you first posted it and it helped me stay positive. I live in Indiana now, but I'm so glad I made it back to The Barn last night. That was the atmosphere I remember from my season ticket days in the 70's and 80's! My first court rushing experience at 53 was awesome!
Go Gophers!

Station --

For as little as I'm ever actually directing my comments towards you, you sure seem to take offense far more often than not. Are you not a self assured person? Do you have self esteem issues?!

And do think I highly of myself? Again, I know in this day of emo kids and people who are consistently depressed and make an effort to hang out with only other depressed people, and of people who live in bars, drinking regularly, or who play video games several hours a day, or who are workaholics, all to escape this horrible world and their depressing lives that they live its just not politically correct to be happy, satisfied, and pleased with one's self and their life, but I am on all 3 counts.

I don't know if that must mean that I think highly of myself. I don't think low of myself?!

But one evidence that I do NOT think so highly of myself is that I don't feel that my opinion, all by itself, is worthy of much attention at all. Hence why I feel its best to have facts and evidence to back up my opinion and am sorry that I feel that others should as well. It is the facts and the evidence that brings substance to a person's opinion, not the greatness of the person themselves usually.

Sorry if that ruffles your feathers and if you somehow feel that I'm putting you down in some way? I don't remember ever thinking of you when writing the vast majority of my criticisms of posters here, yet you strangely seem to take offense more than anyone else?! Do you have a guilty conscience or something?! lol

In other words Station

99% of posters at GH's opinions all by themselves = like ashholes, everyones got one, and they all stink.

100% of posters at GH's opinions, backed up by facts & stats & evidence, etc.. = Something FAR more worthy than their opinion alone.

Of course there is that 1% of posters here who don't need facts or evidence because they are just simply brilliant geniuses and every word that they speak or write is an instant classic.

And NO, station, I do not believe that I am one of those 1%.

So I am sorry that I am the way that I am station, but honestly, I like who I am and I have more friends than I know what to do with, so I have no plans to change who I am, especially not for you.

And I'm not judging anyone to be good or bad, only their opinions to be of substance, or to not be of much substance.

A professor asks for a 5 page term paper and you hand in one paragraph, it doesn't matter if that one paragraph says all that needs to be said, he'll still give you an F. The reason being a lot of what the professor is trying to teach you is RESEARCH SKILLS, as much as he/she is trying to teach you the information they want presented in the paper.

You can post a one liner saying, "Tubby is not a good coach" and that may be 100% accurate, but its still a WORTHLESS OPINION if the person writing that opinion doesn't back up his opinion with some solid facts and evidence to back it up.

And imo, the person throwing out the one liner seems to think FAR higher of himself than the person who feels they need all kinds of facts and stats and data and evidence to back up their opinion.

But that's just my opinion.

I love that our own Holy Man takes a few shots and is willing to mix it up!! Good for you!!

Go Gophers!!

Honestly gents, I'm waking up with mixed emotions.

The Good:

* It was awesome to see the Gophers play with heart, hustle and intensity.

* For all his struggles with the law, suspensions, transfers, injuries and lethargic play, it was heart-warming to see Trevor dominate a future top 3 pick in the NBA. No matter where Trevor winds up, he will always have last night.

* Beautiful to see the crowd (which has been mostly dormant in recent home games) on their feet and getting crazy and actually helping the Gophers find more energy.

* Terrific seeing Eliason regain some confidence and play with passion.

* FT shooting was great for most of the night until the pressure ramped up. I knew it was going to be our night when Andre Ingram clanged 2 FT's in off the back iron.

* Seeing the Gophers program get all the love on ESPN and various websites.

* The Rushing of the Court was a thing of beauty. I can't remember the last time we rushed the court at Williams Arena...Was it 89 vs Illinois? Was it 92 vs the Fab 5? Was it all the way back in 72 when our fans were chasing OSU players? lol I seriously don't remember but it was a thing of beauty for this long-time suffering Gopher fan.

The Bad News:

Assuming we take care of business vs PSU the Gophers are assured of a 8-10 record at worst and that means a probable bid. All of which makes it less likely Tubby will be ushered out. Meaning, we'll likely lose out on the Big 3 of 2014 and continue down a path of mediocrity. Yes, I know...There's no guarantee we'll win with a new coach, but I for one, would rather dare to dream big.

Last night's win reminds me of the Vikings beating the Redskins on Christmas Eve in 2011, thereby missing out on RG3 or Luck and being stuck with Mr Sam Ponder.

Ponder and Tubby assure Minnesota fans of mediocrity. Andrew Luck and Shaka Smart = hope for something big. Last night's result, however beautiful will likely assure the Gophers of a mediocre future.

Moving forward:

Last night's game was really just a case of the home crowd giving the Gophers a huge edge in energy and IU didn't have any sense of desperation that we had.

I don't expect we'll be able to bottle up that energy and take it on the road to Lincoln or West Lafayette or a neutral venue in the post season. I think it's most likely that last night's performance was likely just a special "one-off" performance but come next week, look for the 15 to 20 turnover Gophers to reappear in Lincoln.

Sorry if my mixed emotions cast a pall...Just keeping it real.

The Good:

* For all his struggles with the law, suspensions, transfers, injuries and lethargic play, it was heart-warming to see Trevor dominate a future top 3 pick in the NBA. No matter where Trevor winds up, he will always have last night.

* Beautiful to see the crowd (which has been mostly dormant in recent home games) on their feet and getting crazy and actually helping the Gophers find more energy.

* FT shooting was great for most of the night until the pressure ramped up. I knew it was going to be our night when Andre Ingram clanged 2 FT's in off the back iron.

* The Rushing of the Court was a thing of beauty. I can't remember the last time we rushed the court at Williams Arena...Was it 89 vs Illinois? Was it 92 vs the Fab 5? Was it all the way back in 72 when our fans were chasing OSU players? lol I seriously don't remember but it was a thing of beauty for this long-time suffering Gopher fan.

The Bad News:

Assuming we take care of business vs PSU the Gophers are assured of a 8-10 record at worst and that means a probable bid. All of which makes it less likely Tubby will be ushered out. Meaning, we'll likely lose out on the Big 3 of 2014 and continue down a path of mediocrity. Yes, I know...There's no guarantee we'll win with a new coach, but I for one, would rather dare to dream big.

Last night's win reminds me of the Vikings beating the Redskins on Christmas Eve in 2011, thereby missing out on RG3 or Luck and being stuck with Mr Sam Ponder.

Ponder and Tubby assure Minnesota fans of mediocrity. Andrew Luck and Shaka Smart = hope for something big. Last night's result, however beautiful will likely assure the Gophers of a mediocre future.

Moving forward:

Last night's game was really just a case of the home crowd giving the Gophers a huge edge in energy and IU didn't have any sense of desperation that we had.

I don't expect we'll be able to bottle up that energy and take it on the road to Lincoln or West Lafayette or a neutral venue in the post season. I think it's most that last night's performance was likely just a special "one-off" performance but come next week, look for the 15 to 20 turnover Gophers to reappear in Lincoln.

Glad you enjoyed the win, and thanks for keeping us all real.

The Good:

The Bad News:

Moving forward:

I don't expect we'll be able to bottle up that energy and take it on the road to Lincoln or West Lafayette or a neutral venue in the post season. I think it's most that last night's performance was likely just a special "one-off" performance but come next week, look for the 15 to 20 turnover Gophers to reappear in Lincoln.

Take a hike. If you have mixed emotions after last night, you are not a real fan.

Comparing the Gophers beating #1 for the first time in 24 years to the Vikings beating a crappy Redskins team is the most laughably pathetic comparison I've read on the Internet.

Take a hike. If you have mixed emotions after last night, you are not a real fan.

Comparing the Gophers beating #1 for the first time in 24 years to the Vikings beating a crappy Redskins team is the most laughably pathetic comparison I've read on the Internet.

Don't judge my credentials as a "real fan" just because I look at the big picture. Fact is, both wins will likely result in a mediocre future with a very limited ceiling. If both teams had just tanked, we would have had a CHANCE for something more.

Don't judge my credentials as a "real fan" just because I look at the big picture. Fact is, both wins will likely result in a mediocre future with a very limited ceiling. If both teams had just tanked, we would have had a CHANCE for something more.

Ya, and the Vikings making the playoffs last year really put them in a tough spot. Now they have to play a 2nd place schedule and are picking in the back end of the draft. Has there ever been such an injustice in sports?

I honestly wish they just would have gone 4-12, and the Gophers really should have just gone 6-12, our futures would be such much brighter if this happened.

Every Minnesota team should suck every year, because it is better for our future.

Mulligan --

Off topic but your post here made me think of a line in one of the best movies of all time:

"It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat."

Ya, and the Vikings making the playoffs last year really put them in a tough spot. Now they have to play a 2nd place schedule and are picking in the back end of the draft. Has there ever been such a terrible injustice in sports?

Are you capable of looking at more than the present? My views and negative emotions stem from looking at a 5 year capsule of time. While beautiful for one glorious night, last night's win could cost the Gopher 25 to 30 wins, a Final Four appearance and Big Ten titles.

Would you trade the chance for those things for last night? It's a reasonable question.

Are you capable of looking at more than the present? My views and negative emotions stem from looking at a 5 year capsule of time. While beautiful for one glorious night, last night's win could cost the Gopher 25 to 30 wins, a Final Four appearance and Big Ten titles.

Would you trade the chance for those things for last night? It's a reasonable question.

You are basing your hope for the future on a coach that we may or may not get? You have an argument with your Viking story. I'll give you that. RG3 was there for the taking. You are completely off base on your Gopher theory. Hiring a coach is not a draft.

I'll take last night 10 times out of 10 considering I have not traded any chance at any of those things, we can win 25 this year, and we can still land 1 or 2 of the Big 3.

I am in favor of a coaching change, but I'm not going to mope about the future after a historic win.

You are basing your hope for the future on a coach that we may or may not get? You have an argument with your Viking story. I'll give you that. RG3 was there for the taking. You are completely off base on your Gopher theory. Hiring a coach is not a draft.

I'll take last night 10 times out of 10 considering I have not traded any chance at any of those things, we can win 25 this year, and we can still land 1 or 2 of the Big 3.

I am in favor of a coaching change, but I'm not going to mope about the future after a historic win.

I take your point and respect it...As I said, I have "mixed" emotions. Don't question by sincerity as a fan because I have a different philosophy on how to get where we all want to go. Reasonable minds can disagree about what's best for the big picture.

It's really hard to take your opinions/comments seriously. You've said multiple times that you were done from posting on here. You've said many blanket statements like the Gophers had zero chance of beating Wisconsin and we see what happened there. That's fine if you think Tubby won't get the job done in the coming years. I'm skeptical myself. But you of all people should understand that there are no certainties. You could very well be right. But there is a chance you are wrong as well and for some reason you can't grasp that.

Simply put, you are not a fan.

It's really hard to take your opinions/comments seriously. You've said multiple times that you were done from posting on here. You've said many blanket statements like the Gophers had zero chance of beating Wisconsin and we see what happened there. That's fine if you think Tubby won't get the job done in the coming years. I'm skeptical myself. But you of all people should understand that there are no certainties. You could very well be right. But there is a chance you are wrong as well and for some reason you can't grasp that.

I can grasp 6 years of .400 basketball in Big Ten play and I can grasp going .500 with the most experienced team in the Big Ten. His offense is downright offensive. Tubby got bailed out by the fans last night. Is there a chance that Tubby takes the Gophers to a Final 4 and future Big Ten titles? Maybe, but I like the odds a lot more with someone younger and more energetic.

Moses87, take a little advice from an old fart here...The talker you get, the pissed offer other commentors get.

Give it a rest.

Top Bottom