Everyone is saying Seantrel is a USC lean

Back to the OP

I thought about giving this its own thread but I'm not sure the world needs another Seantrel Thread (yet)...

As of 1:43 PM The Star Tribune (John Millea) is reporting that all six schools are still being considered. Sean Henderson had just texted him.

My reaction to that...REALLY?!?!?! Either he's lying, or Seantrel has no idea where he wants to go to school a couple hours before he goes on live TV. Since ESPN has been running Seantrel's decision all day I'm starting to think the former and that like it or not the Henderson family is pretty media savvy.

I'm gonna go with "he's lying" and Sean is really media savvy.

Someone over on the scout board said that "he has five hats for his college unveiling interview on CBS College Sports including USC, Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. So unless he pulls out a surprise hat out of his pocket, there is no chance left of him going to Minnesota"

Who knows if it is true but just relaying the message...

Back to the OP

I thought about giving this its own thread but I'm not sure the world needs another Seantrel Thread (yet)...

As of 1:43 PM The Star Tribune (John Millea) is reporting that all six schools are still being considered. Sean Henderson had just texted him.

My reaction to that...REALLY?!?!?! Either he's lying, or Seantrel has no idea where he wants to go to school a couple hours before he goes on live TV. Since ESPN has been running Seantrel's decision all day I'm starting to think the former and that like it or not the Henderson family is pretty media savvy.

Wouldn't it be great if this whole run-up was a combined effort by Seantrel and Brewster to boost Minnesota's image nationally? Maybe he has known Minnesota was the place for some time but wanted to use his status to help future Gopher recruiting efforts.

Someone over on the scout board said that "he has five hats for his college unveiling interview on CBS College Sports including USC, Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, and Ohio State. So unless he pulls out a surprise hat out of his pocket, there is no chance left of him going to Minnesota"

Who knows if it is true but just relaying the message...

It was also stated that no hats will be used, he's just going to say it aloud.

My bet here is that wherever SH goes he will not begin the yr. starting and could even be redshirted at most schools on the list.

It was also stated that no hats will be used, he's just going to say it aloud.

Just turned on CSTV and they had 5 hats and 5 jerseys hanging up saying these are all the schools Henserson is choosing from....Minnesota WAS included.....

MN, USC, OSU, Miami and Florida. No ND jersey or hat, but commentator guy said ND was still a canidate

If he goes to USC I will puke on behalf of the Gopher faithful. That recent article about Kiffin's visit to SH's household with the glowing and utterly naive report about Kiffin and the "just allegations" bit by the father will surely induce the vomiting.

I know y'all don't want to have to face him in the same conference, but I'd rather him go to tOSU than USC. Tressel has so much more class and integrity than Kiffin and his band of d-bags, it's not even funny.

Wouldn't it be great if this whole run-up was a combined effort by Seantrel and Brewster to boost Minnesota's image nationally? Maybe he has known Minnesota was the place for some time but wanted to use his status to help future Gopher recruiting efforts.

You never know! 3:00 Brew presser to talk about all of the other recruits, and then, BAM!, Seantrel's announcement.

Again, where's the feed for Brew's press conference?

I know y'all don't want to have to face him in the same conference, but I'd rather him go to tOSU than USC. Tressel has so much more class and integrity than Kiffin and his band of d-bags, it's not even funny.

Personally, if he doesn't go to the U, I don't really care about his development or what happens to him in the future anymore, so I'd want him to go to usc so we wouldn't have to face him in conference play.

I have to believe that if SH had already committed some time ago that Brewster would have wanted to use him front and center in the recruitment of other players. However, I'd love it if your scenario turned out to be correct.

If he goes to USC I will puke on behalf of the Gopher faithful. That recent article about Kiffin's visit to SH's household with the glowing and utterly naive report about Kiffin and the "just allegations" bit by the father will surely induce the vomiting.

I agree as well. I would rather him be a Big 10 legend than a SoCAl D-Bag.

Maybe he's being honest and it's revealing the school until the interview? I'm just saying...

I second this...I don't like OSU because they beat us, but I respect Tressel. I have no respect for a man like Kiffin. Absolutely none. He is a complete and utter dirt ball.

I visited USC's campus yesterday (scouting a field trip at the California Science Center for my class) and I noted how run down the place looks...most of the buildings look like institutional complexes built in the 60's. OSU and Minnesota both have much nicer campuses. As for the weather down here in LA...I won't comment ;)

I have to believe that if SH had already committed some time ago that Brewster would have wanted to use him front and center in the recruitment of other players. However, I'd love it if your scenario turned out to be correct.

No way Brewster would have wanted it this way. If that was the case, then why not use the Army All-American game to make some noise. You don't let this oppurtunity slip if you have any influence in the matter.

I'm gonna go with "he's lying" and Sean is really media savvy.

+1. This process has been going on for so long that I have a hard time believing that SH is going to need every last minute to make his decision. If he truly doesn't know yet he should delay the decision ala T.Pryor and make certain he knows where he wants to spend the next four years.

Just come here, Seantrel. You have the opportunity to be the catalyst in bringing this program to the elite status it once was at.

Now let's go and bring back the "Golden" in the Golden Gophers!

I don't think Brew can make any comment about SH even if he has already committed. I think the Hendersons have a deal with the TV station.

OSU just sent out their release, no Henderson listed. I don't think it means much, but it is what it is.

I think I heard that recruits can call coaches but coaches cannot call recruits.

Funny how Iowa and Wisconsin fans always invoke some variation of the "national championships won long ago don't mean anything" argument. Fans of teams that actually have national championships don't need to do this. I've never once heard fans of Michigan, Ohio St, Penn St, etc. marginalize Minnesota's national championships. Interesting.

Here it is, the national championships that Minnesota had won are legitimate and deserving of respect. However, Minnesota fans come across as if they have been a successful football program over the last 40 years. While, 1930-1960 may have been the glory days, the last 40-50 years have been mediocre at best. Since 1980 Minnesota is 10-20 against Iowa and 8-22 against Wisconsin.
Minnesota has been to 11 bowl games, Iowa has been to 22 bowl games and Wisconsin has been to 18 bowl games since 1980. I am aware that the big10 did not allow other big10 teams to play in bowl games other than the Rose until sometime in the 1970s. Indiana and Northwestern are the only two teams with less bowl appearances than the gophers since 1980. Minnesota is tied with Indiana for the longest time without a big10 championship (1967). While the national championships deserve credit, Minnesota football has been a bottom tier big10 football program for roughly 40 years.

Here it is, the national championships that Minnesota had won are legitimate and deserving of respect. However, Minnesota fans come across as if they have been a successful football program over the last 40 years. While, 1930-1960 may have been the glory days, the last 40-50 years have been mediocre at best. Since 1980 Minnesota is 10-20 against Iowa and 8-22 against Wisconsin.
Minnesota has been to 11 bowl games, Iowa has been to 22 bowl games and Wisconsin has been to 18 bowl games since 1980. I am aware that the big10 did not allow other big10 teams to play in bowl games other than the Rose until sometime in the 1970s. Indiana and Northwestern are the only two teams with less bowl appearances than the gophers since 1980. Minnesota is tied with Indiana for the longest time without a big10 championship (1967). While the national championships deserve credit, Minnesota football has been a bottom tier big10 football program for roughly 40 years.

So what you're saying is that guys in their late 30's who play poorly in their respective sports shouldn't be allowed to go to the Hall of Fame, regardless of what they did in their 20's?

If you had a single title even, just ~one~ title in the last 25 years, you might have a case. Since you don't -- STFU. 6 > 0.

I want 4:30 to get here so this nonsense can start to end. Logic, reason, and civility seem to go out the window when talking about SH. I'm ready to move on whatever the outcome.

I want 4:30 to get here so this nonsense can start to end. Logic, reason, and civility seem to go out the window when talking about SH. I'm ready to move on whatever the outcome.

Amen to this lol

If you had a single title even, just ~one~ title in the last 25 years, you might have a case. Since you don't -- STFU. 6 > 0.

Haha okay, well I'll take our numerous big10 titles, bowl games, and dominance of Minnesota instead. If you it makes you feel better to live in the pre-1960 times then so be it.

Top Bottom