Ethan Grant has the "Inside View" of Minnesota from former teammate, Victor Keise

didn't Oregon already get a big time RB to verbal there recently? the one that also may come visit MN? You figure that they would only get one of those 4 star RBs this year

If he wants to see fan support, he'll see if Sept 12th, thats for sure.

If anyone saw the remarks yesterday about the lack of depth at RB and how any big-time running back still considering us would have an opportunity to play right away, EG could be that guy.

Look the bruisers he'd get to run behind - Michel, Olson, Gjere, and dare I say - Henderson! Every one of them is 6'7 or bigger! He'll be able to walk into the end zone.

Great interview...that deserves a donation!

What a great idea! :)

TCF -

I was thinking the same thing...wanted to respond to Studwell that hopefully, if we got him, it wouldn't be 5 years!

P.S. If you haven't checked out the video embedded, please do so...it's long, but it's pretty sweet.

What a great idea! :)

TCF -

I was thinking the same thing...wanted to respond to Studwell that hopefully, if we got him, it wouldn't be 5 years!

P.S. If you haven't checked out the video embedded, please do so...it's long, but it's pretty sweet.

Oh yeah, I saw it - the second run on the clip was one of the best.

C'mon, VK! Bring him home for us!

that video was worth all 9 minutes of it. that kid is a freak! A little small but he has the speed, vision, and 'Adrian petersonesque' attitude of "the play aint over till im down." some of those runs I have no idea how he didn't go down, as well as I REALLY liked his physicality on some big hits he gave out on special teams! The gophers need some big hitters, get this kid to sign VIC!

As well, he said fan support is a big deal to him, so lets show him some love!

I'm not sure whether it's good or bad that he is visiting Oregon the week after us. On one hand, this is going to be a great day for Gopher football and the crowd should be as amped as it has been in 25 years. On the other hand, if he goes to Oregon next and Autzen outshines our best crowd showing ever, it might not work out so well. Either way, I hope we put on a show at TCF and Oregon goes down vs Utah. This kid looks like he'd be a great playmaker in our system.

On the other hand, if he goes to Oregon next and Autzen outshines our best crowd showing ever, it might not work out so well.

As for our best crowd showing ever, it may be at the time, but get this team to 2-0 and have Cal rolling in on Sept 19 and I think you'll see it outshined the following week. If crowd support is going to improve, it's gotta start with one "best showing ever," right? I'm sure Coach Brewster and his staff will sell him on the idea that Sept 12 is just the beginning of something much bigger and better for the Minnesota program.

Ultimately, Autzen is a great venue and, win or lose, I'm sure he'll see a great crowd and a ton of noise there. I think the key is to try to make that factor a wash, or near wash, and try to sell him on all the other things Minnesota can offer him as well.

Oregon vs Utah

Crowd will not be that great....students are not back yet, Autzen loses some noise without them. Still will be a great amosphere but nothing compared to the scene the kids visiting Halloween night vs. USC will get.

I'm not sure whether it's good or bad that he is visiting Oregon the week after us. On one hand, this is going to be a great day for Gopher football and the crowd should be as amped as it has been in 25 years. On the other hand, if he goes to Oregon next and Autzen outshines our best crowd showing ever, it might not work out so well. Either way, I hope we put on a show at TCF and Oregon goes down vs Utah. This kid looks like he'd be a great playmaker in our system.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be amazing for him to see opening day, and just be amazed and commit on the spot, but I'd rather have him see all of his options, and then make his choice. I was very impressed with his maturity, to take all of his visits and soak them all in. I'd rather he do that, make an informed decision, and stick to it. Say he does change his verbal from Oregon to us...and still takes other visits, that's never a good thing. I'm sure all of the coaches on all of his visits will try to press for a commitment, but it would mean a lot more if he decides after he's seen all the schools. That's what Ra'Shede Hageman did, went on all of his visit, and then made a decision - I really respect that approach.

Top Bottom