ESPN's Michael Kim: Les Miles flew in to Twin Cities to meet with U officials

Mannys Dinner reservations.jpg

Miles to Have Dinner Tonight at Mannys with Kaler and Coyle to discuss a contract upon their return from Chicago? (Dinner Reservation Attached)

Miles Wikipedia page also claims he's the new head coach! Who woulda thunk we'd get 2 head coaches? Brilliant move by MC

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Miles Wikipedia page also claims he's the new head coach! Who woulda thunk we'd get 2 head coaches? Brilliant move by MC

lol, Maybe this is the cue from that one poster who wanted two head coaches here in Clayes and Kiffin to be co-coaches....Well now we will have Miles and Fleck as Co-Coaches

lol, Maybe this is the cue from that one poster who wanted two head coaches here in Clayes and Kiffin to be co-coaches....Well now we will have Miles and Fleck as Co-Coaches

Dungy is also, per wiki. He will oversee the other two as Supreme Gopher while also supervising all off-field activity.

If people hated TC's clock management, I can't wait for the mad hatter to wreak havoc on the Twin Cities media.

He'll kill Mackey & Judd of a heart attack by the 3rd game....should this perhaps make me now a fan of wanting Les?

I now want less 100x more.

Go Gophers!!
I thought I saw a Brinks truck buzz by The new athletes village. Is Les a cash only kinda guy?

Says therein that they met with Fleck but did not offer him the job. Huh?

So which reporters will be staking out Manny's to see if Kaler, Coyle and Miles are all meeting there tonight.

Says therein that they met with Fleck but did not offer him the job. Huh?

All these stories (and there are a ton in a short period of time) are going off Michael Kim's tweet, which these reputable reporters are using as fact. Miles could very well be on a beach right now in Maui.

Go Gophers!!

Flightaware has a plane going back to Baton Rouge early this morning. I would have though he would have stayed if we were seriously pursuing. Maybe it was Aranda coming up to be the DC again and get away from the disaster that Coach O will be down there. ;)

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

This isn't a rip on Miles, but I hope the next coach isn't picked to sell tickets now. We need to win, we need to pick the best coach. Any sort of immediate bump we get will not have any teeth if we don't win. Miles might be the guy for the job, but it's not because of the immediate bump his name would give us.

Les is looking for a home. Kaler and Coyle meeting with his agent in Chicago

Kaler and Coyle were just handed boxes in Chicago. Mark Yudof and Tony Dungy were just spotted at Bierman. Rumor is they are meeting with Les. Tonya Moten Brown seen headed to EOAA with Regents.

Yes! I hope it's Les Miles. He's a proven winner in the toughest division let alone conference in football. There will always be another PJ Fleck type next year. Les is a proven winner at the highest stage and at the highest level of competition. If he's 63 then fine. Give me 6 great years and then the U can make another good hire based on the good work Les has done.

Yes! I hope it's Les Miles. He's a proven winner in the toughest division let alone conference in football. There will always be another PJ Fleck type next year. Les is a proven winner at the highest stage and at the highest level of competition. If he's 63 then fine. Give me 6 great years and then the U can make another good hire based on the good work Les has done.

I'd rather hire Mack Brown. They're almost the same age.

Honestly Les Miles is probably a better fit than Fleck. He is a old B1G guy but has been in both the BIG XII and SEC using smash mouth football. His brand of football just feels like Minnesota!

I'm not sure why that 2007 national championship team is held up as some impressive feat. Most of LSU's starters were Saban recruits and no team that year was really all that great. LSU entered the championship game as a two-loss team, one of those losses coming at home in November to an Arkansas team that went 8-5.

I'm not sure why that 2007 national championship team is held up as some impressive feat. Most of LSU's starters were Saban recruits and no team that year was really all that great. LSU entered the championship game as a two-loss team, one of those losses coming at home in November to an Arkansas team that went 8-5.

Yes, but still the best option available in my opinion.

Les Miles will NOT create as much excitement as PJ Fleck and will NOT sell a bunch of tickets. Les Miles would not be a good fit for Minnesota. Aging fan base and aging coach might as well just put the program out to pasture.

I'm not sure why that 2007 national championship team is held up as some impressive feat. Most of LSU's starters were Saban recruits and no team that year was really all that great. LSU entered the championship game as a two

Yep. Another national championship. Yawn. Those are frankly getting boring around here. Not even a big deal any more.

Les Miles will NOT create as much excitement as PJ Fleck and will NOT sell a bunch of tickets. Les Miles would not be a good fit for Minnesota. Aging fan base and aging coach might as well just put the program out to pasture.

Go away, seriously, go, you are not wanted.

Careful....before LSU the last 2 win team to claim a national championship was the 1960 Gophers. You wouldn't want to somehow disparage our accomplishment that year would you?

I like the Mad-Hatter. Down here in TX he's well thought of. I'm in Htown, where there are so many
LSU grads you see almost as much purple here as the the Twin Cities does. Not everyone wanted him gone.

What the U might need is 1) A big name, 2) A man of experience who can command the respect of the kids,
and 3) a more settling influence for a very volatile situation.

Right now, the situation is highly combustible, and maybe bringing in CFB's equivalent of kerosene is somewhat
risky. Bring in Miles, have him win 8-10 games per season for the next 6-8 years, and you've got a very nice set up
for the next hot coach.

Top Bottom