Elliot Eliason Anxious to Learn From Tubby and Other Big Men

Thanks, Nadine, for sharing your visit with Elliot. Welcome to Gopher Country, Elliot, and good luck. GO GOPHERS!!!!!

My favorite line...

... "I have 3.75 (GPA), which is okay."
Gotta love a capable student athlete!
Sounds like a pretty squared-away kid.
Appears to be a Colton Iverson clone.
If he can contribute early like Colt 45
he may not redshirt. It does look like we
can afford to sit him for a year, though.

Another great interview GL! Sounds like a very solid kid. Also glad that he sees the benefits of redshirting -- very realistic. Seems like the ideal redshirting situation -- he practices for a year against good competition, has a chance to get stronger and bigger, then he has a year of playing without a lot of pressure, then is ready to roll as a soph.

... "I have 3.75 (GPA), which is okay."
Gotta love a capable student athlete!
Sounds like a pretty squared-away kid.
Appears to be a Colton Iverson clone.
If he can contribute early like Colt 45
he may not redshirt. It does look like we
can afford to sit him for a year, though.

The funniest thing was I first asked him if he would have any problems qualifying - he kind of hesitated, and was like, I hope not. Then I was questioning his academics, so I asked him his GPA, and he didn't thing a 3.75 was good. I assured him it was, and asked if I could add it or if he wanted me to leave it out, and he said it was okay. Then he added he was admitted to Stanford...and I knew we would not have to worry about him qualifying.

I just love seeing bright kids that "get it." Especially big men that take longer to develop and fill out. Smart kids see the benefit of getting 5 years of college as well, instead of finishing school in 4. I also love that Coach Smith was honest and realistic with him. I think so many coaches promise playing time, and he clearly doesn't do that.

Top Bottom