Elijah Hawkins Commits to Gophers!

I have seen knowledgeable basketball experts recents project Fox at the 3 for us this year. Doesn’t sound like a recovery failure to me. We are going to have an extremely good front court with depth. We now look very good in the backcourt even with a 3 guard lineup. Hawkins, Mitchell, Carrington, Christie. Who did I forget? Not writing off Purcell for minutes either. Is Ramberg still a guard. Much better then the ‘holers cry about
You were the one that pouted, quit the board, and then returned with your 4th or 5th screen name. I'm not shocked your not self-aware to realize your hissy fits disqualify you from referencing anyone else crying.

As to the point of your post, you can keep pretending like you know a lot about basketball maybe you even believe it. It must really grind your gears knowing that we've been right about Gopher basketball at every step. You've been wrong every step of the way. Literally, you've gotten nothing right.

After reading your post, I am now considerably less confident in Fox's return, not because I have any inside information. It's just you never get anything right.

Holy cow. Is your marriage in the toilet? Law practice failing? What is going on with you? There are roses to smell.

Holy cow. Is your marriage in the toilet? Law practice failing? What is going on with you? There are roses to smell.
Marriage is going alright, legal practice is going alright, it depends on how you judge it, I suppose.

Do you really think people have to be going through a dark stretch to notice that you're an idiot? Like you get everything wrong all the time, you switch names after hissy fits, and say really stupid things at an astounding rate.

Glad everything is good in your life. Keep it rolling. We will know in less than a year who was closer to right.

So, does this mean we'll finish 13th in the Big Ten instead of dead last? Win three or maybe even FOUR (gasp! 🤯) whole conference games next year? I'm sure the fan base is on pins and needles waiting to find out.

Marriage is going alright, legal practice is going alright, it depends on how you judge it, I suppose.

Do you really think people have to be going through a dark stretch to notice that you're an idiot? Like you get everything wrong all the time, you switch names after hissy fits, and say really stupid things at an astounding rate.
I don't pay enough attention - what are the previous names used?

So, does this mean we'll finish 13th in the Big Ten instead of dead last? Win three or maybe even FOUR (gasp! 🤯) whole conference games next year? I'm sure the fan base is on pins and needles waiting to find out.
Well yeh for those fans who care. Not sure you are included in that group rather you seem to be one who has all the answers. Just take your pick of all BIG type players every year. If you want that, be a MSU or Purdue fan.

Most everyone realizes that Ben is under a huge handicap not having any HC coaching tenure to fall back on. He can offer recruits the UM experience and educational standing, his culture and vision for the program, potential playing time for quality recruits, etc.

Its not Ben's fault the UM hired him. But he is a willing partner and is doing his best to build the program to respectability. Every new player he brings in likely has the same goal.

Well yeh for those fans who care. Not sure you are included in that group rather you seem to be one who has all the answers. Just take your pick of all BIG type players every year. If you want that, be a MSU or Purdue fan.

Most everyone realizes that Ben is under a huge handicap not having any HC coaching tenure to fall back on. He can offer recruits the UM experience and educational standing, his culture and vision for the program, potential playing time for quality recruits, etc.

Its not Ben's fault the UM hired him. But he is a willing partner and is doing his best to build the program to respectability. Every new player he brings in likely has the same goal.
I live in reality, regardless of what you think of me as a fan. And I remember folks doing a lot of crowing about how much more improved the team was going to be at this time last year as well. We all know how that turned out.

Then again, reality isn't a place where diehard Gopher hoops fans can live at the moment. Hopes and prayers are going to have to suffice. My best advice would be to take a wait and see approach. If they win five or six conference games with this roster, it'd be a coach of the year type of achievement. It's simply amazing how much fluffing some people are doing with the current makeup of this team.

I agree with all of this, I don't dislike Ben, but we'd also be patronizing him if we didn't treat him like every other head coach. Ben seems like a nice guy but part of being a Big 10 basketball coach is harsh criticism. We did it to Pitino, Brewster, Kill, Mason and Fleck. Ben is in that fraternity and not treating him like that should be more insulting than saying his coaching stinks.

This is what Ben signed up for. I hope he makes his critics (myself included) eat our words. I really don't think most people here would prefer to win an anonymous message board argument than see the Gophers win.

I agree with all of this, I don't dislike Ben, but we'd also be patronizing him if we didn't treat him like every other head coach. Ben seems like a nice guy but part of being a Big 10 basketball coach is harsh criticism. We did it to Pitino, Brewster, Kill, Mason and Fleck. Ben is in that fraternity and not treating him like that should be more insulting than saying his coaching stinks.

This is what Ben signed up for. I hope he makes his critics (myself included) eat our words. I really don't think most people here would prefer to win an anonymous message board argument than see the Gophers win.

Most is the key word. I swear there are a few that would rather be right and say I told you so. 😂

I live in reality, regardless of what you think of me as a fan. And I remember folks doing a lot of crowing about how much more improved the team was going to be at this time last year as well. We all know how that turned out.

Then again, reality isn't a place where diehard Gopher hoops fans can live at the moment. Hopes and prayers are going to have to suffice. My best advice would be to take a wait and see approach . If they win five or six conference games with this roster, it'd be a coach of the year type of achievement. It's simply amazing how much fluffing some people are doing with the current makeup of this team.
Reality is what I was talking about in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs of my post. Plus he is not recruiting players to Purdue.

Maybe this will be the season where Ben kicks it in. As you stated, we will have to wait and see.

Pull a decent wing and it goes up 2-3 games.
Good post!! So I agree with this- this actually could be a 9 to 10 win team with a good 3. Now I add this- what if that good 3 man is already on the team and we just don't know it yet. What if it is Christie or Betts both in that 6-7 range (Christie has grown)?

That's the ceiling in my opinion.
You can always stick with your home team.
Good post!! So I agree with this- this actually could be a 9 to 10 win team with a good 3. Now I add this- what if that good 3 man is already on the team and we just don't know it yet. What if it is Christie or Betts both in that 6-7 range (Christie has grown)?
I hope CBJ works on getting rapid substitutions into the game. The 3 should be a strong point for us with the current roster. Keep them fresh, out of foul trouble with an energetic defense. With Christie’s experience at both guard positions and having grown 4 inches he is a genuine budding star. Betts is ready even though his ceiling is still higher.

For me, if another wing emerges a legit good Big 10 wing, it doesn't matter if he is already on the team or if he comes through the portal, the team will be pretty decent. I don't even care if he is a a SF or a just a third guard.

If Carrington, Christie, JOJ, Betts, Ihnen, Ramberg, or some portal player emerges as a good Big 10 quality win player, we should be looking at 7-10 Big 10 wins. I've already given my opinions on Betts, JOJ, or Ihnen playing the wings, but I could certainly be wrong.

You can always stick with your home team.

I hope CBJ works on getting rapid substitutions into the game. The 3 should be a strong point for us with the current roster. Keep them fresh, out of foul trouble with an energetic defense. With Christie’s experience at both guard positions and having grown 4 inches he is a genuine budding star. Betts is ready even though his ceiling is still higher.
For me, it doesn't need to be thought of as any different than the SG spot.

We need to play a point guard (you need at least one person who can run point) and then two wings. I think we'll see Carrington get some run playing with Hawkins and Mitchell - I actually think Carrington excels in that lineup because he is one of those weird guards who plays bigger and he is a plus ball handler and shooter for someone being guarded by bigger guards. It's almost like the guard version of a stretch 4.

Could already be on the team, but hope Ben covers all the bases and brings one in. If I were him, wouldn’t leave anything to chance.

I think at least one of Christie/Betts being decent is part of getting to 6, frankly. Someone will surely surprise, but someone will also disappoint and injuries happen. They really need a starting 2/3 to get into legit bubble territory .

Could already be on the team, but hope Ben covers all the bases and brings one in. If I were him, wouldn’t leave anything to chance.
I think at least one of Christie/Betts being decent is part of getting to 6, frankly. Someone will surely surprise, but someone will also disappoint and injuries happen. They really need a starting 2/3 to get into legit bubble territory .
Sounds like Ben is still working for 1 more. I agree if we want any outside chance of getting in the tourney, you gotta get another guy. The ability of that guy being a big factor obviously.

I'd be surprised if we didn't bring someone else in. Today is last day to enter the portal. Guys still entering. Should have options. Hoping Ben can pull off one of those guys that people didn't think we could get type deals, but Mitchell and Hawkins level would be fine.

Sounds like Ben is still working for 1 more. I agree if we want any outside chance of getting in the tourney, you gotta get another guy. The ability of that guy being a big factor obviously.

I'd be surprised if we didn't bring someone else in. Today is last day to enter the portal. Guys still entering. Should have options. Hoping Ben can pull off one of those guys that people didn't think we could get type deals, but Mitchell and Hawkins level would be fine.
I agree. Thanks for the reminder that this is the last day on entering the portal. I shouldn't say this yet but it seems like our roster is holding steady and the people that said Payne was going to leave- mostly the same people that say nothing good can happen under Ben- were wrong

I agree. Thanks for the reminder that this is the last day on entering the portal. I shouldn't say this yet but it seems like our roster is holding steady and the people that said Payne was going to leave- mostly the same people that say nothing good can happen under Ben- were wrong
That would have been a killer but yeah never seems like that was a real threat.

I admit after the Pride and Brown double whiff, it felt like bottom. But you add Hawkins and then another guy, hope peaking through a little bit again. Alright Ben....

I’ll need to come up with a pot load of NIL. Looks like we got the best money didn’t buy. I don’t care who has been wrong. Many are coming around lately. Maybe some did the same for research I have done. I hate dragging down the real Gopher fans. We have shocking depth that is emerging. Now for the potential of Jack Wilson. Lol!

Top Bottom