Early Betting Lines

Have you considered you’re possibly a little too sensitive about the team? Lighten up…

In the realm of sports betting there are lines that make sense, and then there are lines that, as someone familiar with the program, don’t make as much sense and so much so it’s almost begging a rare bettor like me to put money down. Then again, I never bet more than a lunch as a general rule. I’m genuinely curious how much others are betting on this game in terms of Gophers covering? Hence my question.

I didn't write anything that was heavy-handed, so there's no need for me to "lighten up". You asked me if I would "bet the farm", and I gave you a straightforward answer.

Gophs under Fleck won't cover that spread. They'll be in clock draining mode by the 3rd possession.
If they want to win a championship then they're going to be airing the ball out all day long to get the passing game back on track.

Fleck will not
If they want to win a championship then they're going to be airing the ball out all day long to get the passing game back on track.
They will not change. They will be a balanced offense. They will not become OR under Chip Kelly

"If they want to win a championship then they're going to be airing the ball out all day long to get the passing game back on track."

Fleck definitely wants to upgrade the passing attack, and the return of Ciarrocca will immediately help there. But I highly doubt they'll throw "all day long" against the likes of New Mexico State.

If Mo and Potts are near peak form and the offensive line is decent, the Gophers should be able to score plenty of points in that game by pounding the Aggies to dust.

I could see them airing it out more than typical to get the pass game back on track and build some confidence, they’ll need it. Plus they can ease Potts and Mo back in if they pass a bit more.

Line moved down to -37 on DraftKings for what it is worth.

Glad I got NMSU at +38.

Also looking at PSU -3 against Purdue and Oklahoma -5 against Nebraska

"If they want to win a championship then they're going to be airing the ball out all day long to get the passing game back on track."

Fleck definitely wants to upgrade the passing attack, and the return of Ciarrocca will immediately help there. But I highly doubt they'll throw "all day long" against the likes of New Mexico State.

If Mo and Potts are near peak form and the offensive line is decent, the Gophers should be able to score plenty of points in that game by pounding the Aggies to dust.
He won't throw all day against anyone and especially against Jerry. Despite Old Jer's bad manners in the past Fleck will do whatever is needed not to pour it on. PJ's a class guy.

I could see them airing it out more than typical to get the pass game back on track and build some confidence, they’ll need it. Plus they can ease Potts and Mo back in if they pass a bit more.
Williams and Evans will get plenty of carries.

Line moved down to -37 on DraftKings for what it is worth.

Glad I got NMSU at +38.

Also looking at PSU -3 against Purdue and Oklahoma -5 against Nebraska
YUP. I got on PSU -3, NMSU +38.5, NW-Neb under 51, and Illinois +5.5 at Indiana (didn't understand this one at all. I think Illinois wins straight up)

WAGERTALK has the Gophers opening LINE at -38 vs New Mexico State.

I could understand that line if the Gophers were playing White Bear Lake High School but...........

I thought this post (and this entire thread, for that matter) was/were worth re-visiting on the day after the Gophers win over New Mexico State.

Very interesting reading...

Top Bottom