Dylan Wright no longer with team

It's just incredible how they picked Homecoming to lay an egg, two years in a row, in what were otherwise two solid years.

Beating even so-called "tomato cans" by the monster margins they did was still fairly impressive, in my opinion.

Football is a game of momentum. If MBS hangs on to that TD I think there's a fair chance Minnesota wins that game. And the team would have remained undefeated, and kept their early season momentum.

Purdue was certainly no "tomato can". A win there — without our best player — would have been huge.

Against a tough Purdue team, without Mo, they struggled without their best player, on the road against the eventual West champions. Then, they slowly began to re-establish themselves, despite the fact that Mo's absence (and CrAB's, for that matter) meant they were playing well outside their usual smash-mouth, drain-the-clock comfort zone. Their super-senior sixth year leader/QB lead them on a long, impressive drive as the teams neared half-time, and that oh-so-crucial pass would have tied the score and completely shifted momentum in the Gophers' favor. On that drive, they looked as though they had once again found the dominating formula from the previous games that season, and they had accomplished that feat with Mo Ibrahim on the sideline.

Had the kid actually caught that pass, I think there is a real chance the Gophers win that game, and the 2022 season would have possibly transformed from a solid 9-4 showing to something truly memorable.

But... we'll never know.

That game was on the road?

Homecoming felt like a road game?

The game where Potts got injured was on the road. Stayed in Indiana for several days after the game I believe

I’m so smart! In other news, I think the Gophers will not win the west this fall.

Will be interesting to see what kind of interest he draws. Guess would be that he has to step down in class a little to like the MAC level but who knows, maybe another power 5 team will take a shot at finally getting him to put it all together.

Will be interesting to see what kind of interest he draws. Guess would be that he has to step down in class a little to like the MAC level but who knows, maybe another power 5 team will take a shot at finally getting him to put it all together.
That seems to probably be the best move for him. Go somewhere where he can be the #1. Sometimes it just takes that for a guy to figure it all out.

He’ll be fortunate to get a spot at a G5, so will Potts, and MBS. I’d be pretty surprised if a P5 takes one of them.

He’ll be fortunate to get a spot at a G5, so will Potts, and MBS. I’d be pretty surprised if a P5 takes one of them.
Penn St just took Potts, but who knows what the deal is. Maybe just wants to get closer back home, as opposed to significant playing time

Kent State with former Gopher RB coach the new head coach?

I think Wright would be smart to go Mid-Major...he has the tools to beat MAC level CBs and could make a real splash. Plenty of players get noticed from those schools so he could definitely boost his chances of getting to the next level.

Good on him for graduating amidst some pretty tough situations. (from what little we know)

Sells tickets.

That’s why Michigan won’t be homecoming. That already sells tickets on its own. Designating Louisana as Homecoming will sell more total tickets between the two games.

Sells tickets.

That’s why Michigan won’t be homecoming. That already sells tickets on its own. Designating Louisana as Homecoming will sell more total tickets between the two games.
Yeah. I was talking for players

Players don’t get more “up” for homecoming

I think Wright would be smart to go Mid-Major...he has the tools to beat MAC level CBs and could make a real splash. Plenty of players get noticed from those schools so he could definitely boost his chances of getting to the next level.

Good on him for graduating amidst some pretty tough situations. (from what little we know)
Gotta find a team with a good QB.

I hope Dylan Wright has a ton of success where he ends up (assuming it's outside the Big Ten) but I started officially having Dylan Wright fatigue by midseason. I loved what he did against WI and I would definitely been cool with him still being on the roster but the roller coaster with this guy was just never ending.

He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just maybe immature. Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know him. But I do know that with Crab coming back, Brockington emerging, and us bringing in two portal WRs, my energy to care whether or not he was going to be on the team going forward dissipated.

It's awesome he graduated and he helped us beat Wisconsin twice, so I'll always be a Dylan Wright fan.

I hope Dylan Wright has a ton of success where he ends up (assuming it's outside the Big Ten) but I started officially having Dylan Wright fatigue by midseason. I loved what he did against WI and I would definitely been cool with him still being on the roster but the roller coaster with this guy was just never ending.

He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just maybe immature. Or maybe I'm wrong, I don't know him. But I do know that with Crab coming back, Brockington emerging, and us bringing in two portal WRs, my energy to care whether or not he was going to be on the team going forward dissipated.

It's awesome he graduated and he helped us beat Wisconsin twice, so I'll always be a Dylan Wright fan.
Dan Jackson too!

Pretty much sums up how I feel about Wright as well. Bummer that it never came together for him here but hopefully it works out wherever he ends up next.

Sometimes it takes guys a while to really figure things out (some never do). Hopefully he finally sees the light and is able to cash in on his obvious athletic ability.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about Wright as well. Bummer that it never came together for him here but hopefully it works out wherever he ends up next.

Sometimes it takes guys a while to really figure things out (some never do). Hopefully he finally sees the light and is able to cash in on his obvious athletic ability.
Maybe third times the charm....

Pioneer Press, in notes at the tail of an article, reported that Dylan Wright entered the transfer portal onThursday as a Grad Transfer. I am sorry that Wright never attained, at the U, the season-long success that matched up with his tremendous athletic ability. But he was great in two big wins for the Axe and flashed his ability in several other games. And he stuck with it and graduated. That's a big success for a kid who went through the personal tragedy he did. PJ isn't just building football players; he's building young men who can succeed at life. Dylan might not quite have hit his goals on the football field while here, but he hit some other, personal goals that will benefit him for life. Good luck to him at his next spot.

Top Bottom