Dylan Wright no longer with team

Well, crap. We may not learn a whole lot more.

Good luck to Dylan......

We don't know why he left the team. Could be depression, could be grades, could be drugs, could be... fill in the blank. He has had some bumps in the road in his life so let's cut the kid some slack. All we know is he was somewhat inconsistent in his play. That could be for any number of reasons, some of which might not be under his control. Let's just be grateful for the good plays he made and wish him well in the future.

I've been critical of his play in the past, but I'm not going to spend any more time ripping on a kid who took a chance to move hundreds of miles away to play for this program, even if it didn't work out as expected. DW did some good things while he was here, and has been through a lot of adversity. He may have had some off field drama, but he has never publicly trashed the university or program like others have. I hope he finds what he needs in football and in life, and is successful. Thanks for everything Dylan.

EDIT: I should also add on, as kg pointed out below me, he played a huge role in two Axe victories. That deserves credit in itself.

Last edited:

Question now will be does he go into the portal again or is he done with football?

bummer that it didn’t work out here but proves being a great player takes more than just being a great athlete.

This headline could have been written during half the games he played in.

He also showed some flashes of greatness against quality foes.

An all-around frustrating Gopher for a lot of fans. Good luck to Dylan wherever he ends up next.

The bad news keeps dropping for us Gopher fans in FB and BB. I'm looking for a ray of light. As for Wright, despite his recognized physical abilities, he seemed to be a toxic presence on the sidelines and in the locker room. Perhaps in this case its positive for both sides to part company.

So, I was reading a report by Ryan Burns - and if I read this correctly, he was saying that under the transfer rules, Wright would have to sit out a year if he transfers to another FBS program. But, he could be eligible immediately if he went to an FCS program.

so that is something to watch if anyone is interested about Wright's future.

So, I was reading a report by Ryan Burns - and if I read this correctly, he was saying that under the transfer rules, Wright would have to sit out a year if he transfers to another FBS program. But, he could be eligible immediately if he went to an FCS program.

so that is something to watch if anyone is interested about Wright's future.
Unless he graduates. Then he has no restrictions.

The bad news keeps dropping for us Gopher fans in FB and BB. I'm looking for a ray of light. As for Wright, despite his recognized physical abilities, he seemed to be a toxic presence on the sidelines and in the locker room. Perhaps in this case its positive for both sides to part company.
What other football bad news has dropped recently? We knew there were going to be transfers so I don't see the MBS and Potts news as bad new per say. Did I miss something?

What other football bad news has dropped recently? We knew there were going to be transfers so I don't see the MBS and Potts news as bad new per say. Did I miss something?
I think there’s a perception among some fans that any transfer is a bad one. They’re not right, but I think that’s in some fans minds so to them they feel like they’ve seen a lot of bad.

One of the smoother athletes that has been on the team in recent years but for whatever reason it didn't translate into big-time success on the field. Really has the skills, but it never quite came together for him here. Like others have said, even though he didn't set the stat sheet on fire, he made some big catches that helped us win some big games.

The whole prortal thing is bad for college sports, but in this case helps the Gophers. He is fine, but we are better to move on with different guys.

The sad part is, I don't think it is good for Wright. The portal is the illusion that the fix to all your problems is a jump to another school away. It rarely is.

The whole prortal thing is bad for college sports, but in this case helps the Gophers. He is fine, but we are better to move on with different guys.

The sad part is, I don't think it is good for Wright. The portal is the illusion that the fix to all your problems is a jump to another school away. It rarely is.
Is he even in the portal?

I don’t think anyone thinks the portal fixes anything… it’s just another / different chance.

To me, this confirms Crooms from WMU and Spencer from Charlotte were good pick-ups, Daniel Jackson is continuing to develop on the nice season he had, CAB will be back and good to go, and that BSF (and Geers?) will be a big part of the passing offense.

I am guessing those 4 WRs and BSF were going to be hard for Wright to take time and looks from. The WR Brockington who had some big moments and the speedster from Alex, Hoskins, are pushing for time, too. The true frosh Lanier enrolled early and may be good to go.

Hell, they may be planning on using the quicker backs (Tyler and Taylor) in the passing game as well, further reducing opportunities for Wright.

Love our pass catching stable.

Sorry to see Mr. Wright move on but am appreciative of what he did accomplish.

He did not meet my expectations but I hope he gained something himself during his tenure as a Golden Gopher.

Good luck from here is what the Billds have to offer.

Sorry to see Mr. Wright move on but am appreciative of what he did accomplish.

He did not meet my expectations but I hope he gained something himself during his tenure as a Golden Gopher.

Good luck from here is what the Billds have to offer.
If you have good luck you can parcel out, I’ll take some for my father in law who we just found out has stage 4 cancer! He’s only in low 60s and was otherwise very healthy so holding out some hope, but good luck wouldn’t hurt! 😁

I’d rather he rejoin the team, stick around and continue to develop, but I think we have enough other options to be in good shape.

To me, this confirms Crooms from WMU and Spencer from Charlotte were good pick-ups, Daniel Jackson is continuing to develop on the nice season he had, CAB will be back and good to go, and that BSF (and Geers?) will be a big part of the passing offense.

I am guessing those 4 WRs and BSF were going to be hard for Wright to take time and looks from. The WR Brockington who had some big moments and the speedster from Alex, Hoskins, are pushing for time, too. The true frosh Lanier enrolled early and may be good to go.

Hell, they may be planning on using the quicker backs (Tyler and Taylor) in the passing game as well, further reducing opportunities for Wright.

Love our pass catching stable.
Brockington as well.

No matter what, I hope he ends up with a degree.

The only objectively wrong move he can make, in the grand scheme of life, is to have the raw physical talent that football coaches drool over, enough to attend three different universities over 5-6 years ... and find a way to not graduate.

This is disappointing, but Mike Brown-Stephens was a more productive WR than Wright.

Top Bottom