Dunlap enters transfer portal

Losing Dunlap is a pretty big deal. Wish him the best, but it's really a big loss for us :(

Once a Gopher, always a Gopher. I wish him the best of luck. We are forgetting he is still a young man. I can't blame a kid for wanting to be close to home.

Things are shaky in the SEC and ACC with all the infections that are going on. If their season ends up being cancelled before he transfers, can he come back to the team like Howard did?
I think he can come back up until the time he actually attends a class at a new university.

It's a direct quote of what you said. You're the one that typed it. Own it or admit you're wrong and that you shouldn't post vile stuff like this on a football thread. Meanwhile, let's get back to the actual topic.

Mpls is an extreme left winger who hates America and the freedoms it provides. He hides in his basement like his hero while the brave men and women fight for his freedom to basement dwell. Trust me when I say this, his life is miserable in Every way while orange man bad is here. you can tell how he wants to silence you and others while he has free reign, sound familiar. I think a country did that once back in history.

Dunlap is a big loss, here is hoping to others that step up.

Mpls is an extreme left winger who hates America and the freedoms it provides. He hides in his basement like his hero while the brave men and women fight for his freedom to basement dwell. Trust me when I say this, his life is miserable in Every way while orange man bad is here. you can tell how he wants to silence you and others while he has free reign, sound familiar. I think a country did that once back in history.

Dunlap is a big loss, here is hoping to others that step up.
IMO, let's try to keep the thread on topic. A concern, not sure if it's warranted or not, is that this adds to the ability for other coaches to do a negative recruiting deal on Minnesota - if you're an African American then stay away from Minnesota. A lot of that possibility depends on what Dunlap says as he leaves. Just saying "moving closer to home" is fine, but saying "Minnesota is a great place to be" would be better. TIme will tell just how much this ends up hurting. In any case, I do wish him the best and am glad he was part of our team for the years he was here.

Hey Gopher Hole staff — is time to band MplsGopher. He/she is exactly opposite what a good Gopher supporter should be.
His stances are absolutely unacceptable, I agree. See his other threads. I have asked him to be accepting of others and their viewpoints. He refuses and even says things like “ purging and cleansing”. It’s horrible. Please mplsgopher from anymore hateful posts. He is not what America should be.

This stinks. Total gut-punch. Always tough when a starter transfers, but especially when he was a highly-touted recruit who already earned all B1G honors. Sucks.

He very clearly stated he wants to be closer to home. I get the speculation, but this doesn't seem to be related to the B1G postponement. We'll never know unless somebody straight out asks him...and he answers. But it's also been stated he wasn't participating in summer workouts (perhaps even prior to the postponement?), so it would seem he just wasn't happy in Minnesota for whatever reason.

Losing him, Faalele, and Bateman would just be so painful. The only good news is PJ & Co have recruited like mad men the past 3 years, so hopefully the team won't just completely collapse. But that's a LOT of talent. Again, it sucks...but this thread doesn't need to devolve into conspiracy theories or name-calling. BUt it will.

It gets worse. Faalele hasn’t been participating in the off season workouts.
Damn.

LT - Schlueter
LG - Andries
C - JMS
RG - Olson
RT - Guedet

Wild guess. Hope like hell we somehow develop some depth and/or no one gets hurt.

Really wish we could stick to sports, coming here is becoming exhausting
Honest question: are you not capable of just scrolling past posts, or putting repeat offenders on ignore?

Dunlap looked to be developing into a real good player. Tough loss but this gives another guy an opportunity. Whichever guy it is they need to to take advantage of the opportunity.

We will always think fondly of you and remember your contributions, Curtis.

We do not blame you for wanting to play this year. Godspeed. And best wishes in all that you do.

It gets worse. Faalele hasn’t been participating in the off season workouts.

Collectively brutal news. I believe it was the spring where Big Dan walked off the field?

Please stick around, guys.

Hopefully just a precaution for Daniel, injury or rehab.

His stances are absolutely unacceptable, I agree. See his other threads. I have asked him to be accepting of others and their viewpoints. He refuses and even says things like “ purging and cleansing”. It’s horrible. Please mplsgopher from anymore hateful posts. He is not what America should be.
I think it's fantastic. Let them keep posting. This is today's left, unfiltered and unabashed. Better to see it here and at least know this is out there and that this is the reality.

Faalele is set to practice when the team starts up again this week.

This is supposedly the case, but there’s the open question of why he hasn’t been participating? Imagine how out of shape he must be.

Losing Dunlop is a big blow to the OL.
If Faalele is still on the team how will he ever be able to play OL again, as the only person who could ever play alongside him was Dunlop...or so I’ve been told.

Tough loss, but can totally understand a player wanting to get closer to home in this current climate. As others have stated, I highly doubt this has anything to do with the postponement to the season in the Big Ten since he would seem highly unlikely to play anywhere in 2020 given the timing of the transfer..

Thankfully we have a lot of returning experience coming back along the O-Line so that will help soften the blow of losing Dunlap.

Top Bottom