Dunlap enters transfer portal

Mrs. H was called to The Lord early Sunday morning. I assured her I was with her to comfort her through her journey. I told her that I loved her and kissed her on the forehead. She smiled and squeezed my hand.

The cancer had rapidly progressed into her brain. She fought a courageous battle for two years. Our wedding anniversary was Saturday. She miraculously recovered with her mental capacity restored in time for my son who came from CA and my daughter and I to have about ten hours together as a family. God has granted us that extra special day with her. We are feeling utterly lost and heart broken.
I'm so sorry.

Mrs. H was called to The Lord early Sunday morning. I assured her I was with her to comfort her through her journey. I told her that I loved her and kissed her on the forehead. She smiled and squeezed my hand.

The cancer had rapidly progressed into her brain. She fought a courageous battle for two years. Our wedding anniversary was Saturday. She miraculously recovered with her mental capacity restored in time for my son who came from CA and my daughter and I to have about ten hours together as a family. God has granted us that extra special day with her. We are feeling utterly lost and heart broken.

So sorry about your family's loss.

At a funeral last week I heard a line that has stuck with me: "Grief is the price we pay for love." So very true.

Oh my gosh. Really sad to hear that. Sorry for your loss. But I am thankful you and your family got that time together. Miracles do happen.

I hope you are able to find some peace in celebration and remembrance of all the good times you shared and the wonderful person she was.

@hungan1... I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your wife.
What a gift to be able to spend those last hours together as family, particularly on the weekend of your wedding anniversary!
I offer my deepest condolences and heartfelt prayers for you and your family.
May God bless you and your children at this time....
You will see your wife again!

This breaks my heart. God bless you and your family as move forward. You will certainly see her again.

Sorry to hear about your loss hungan1, especially during a time like this. I've lost a few family members to cancer, some fast and some slow, and it is always tough. I can't imagine the pain of losing someone as dear to you as your spouse, my thoughts are with you.

This is terrible news. I am so sorry for your loss. I know she will live in your heart forever, I am thankful you had a few hours together as a family. Prayers for peace to you and your children.

God bless, hungan1! Great reminder about the things that truly matter in this world! My best to you and your family on healing from this massive hurt. Thankful you were able to be together...

hungan1 I will do some charity work on her behalf and remember her while I'm doing it. All to often we forget what the real fruits of the world are during this time of a divided nation. May the peace of the Lord be with you, your son, and your daughter as you go through your grief at this time. Its going to take a little longer for you as you clearly loved her. Peace my friend.

@hungan1... I'm very sorry to hear of the passing of your wife.
What a gift to be able to spend those last hours together as family, particularly on the weekend of your wedding anniversary!
I offer my deepest condolences and heartfelt prayers for you and your family.
May God bless you and your children at this time....
You will see your wife again!
This is exactly what I want to say. I'm so very sorry Hungan1. Prayers for peace and comfort to you and your children.

I'm so terribly sorry. I just lost someone to cancer a few weeks ago; terrible thing. My most sincere condolences. Be strong

Sorry for your loss.
Sad to read. Hopeful your family finds comfort in the memories of being together.

Sorry for your loss Hungan1. I hope your family and faith will bring you comfort and peace.

Add my voice to those wishing you condolences and the strength to get thru the difficult times ahead.

I am so sorry for your loss and I know how difficult a time this is for you and your family. I also lost my wife after an almost 20 year battle with cancer coming up on 3 years ago. I still miss her so much everyday. I am so happy that you had those wonderful ten hours together as a family. I was also blessed with some last special time with my wife and family. Cancer sucks! God bless and take care.

hungan1, words are clumsy tools and simply inadequate to express grief or give comfort. But, along with fellowship, they're all we have. I know this board isn't much in terms of fellowship, but I feel I know you, and it breaks my heart to think what you're going through. I'm sorry. If you're ever in Tampa, send word through this board. We must share fellowship over bourbon.

Extremely sorry for you and your family's loss. Your post is beautiful and moved me to tears. It's a blessing that you and your children got those final, more lucid, hours with her.

This is also a great reminder - with all the craziness going on in the world and on this board - and gives some perspective about what's really important: the finite time we have with those we love.

Sending big love your family's way.

I'm very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. I like the earlier post referring to grief as the price we pay for love. Peace.

Thank you all. I prayed to Saint Mother Teresa to intercede on our behalf. God granted us that extra day. There is no other way to explain it. Death came quickly after my kids left the hospital at 8:00 PM. She received her final blessing at 6:30 AM and passed on at 7:15 AM.

We need to pray for the country and the world, for humanity.

Top Bottom