Doogie says Payne got “north of $500K, more than entire Gophers” payroll

As usual, you have no clue what you're talking about. This isn't about CA politicians and their lawsuits. It's about college athletes having the same rights to profit from their name, likeness, and ability as any other individuals in this country. The courts got it right from a personal liberty and restraint of trade issue.

The only way this changes is if a contract is collectively bargained as is done in other major sports.
You really think Payne sporting a BMW & fur coat increased said sales by tens-of-millions in Texas? To justify his $500K+ advertising salary.

And why is Hawkins' name, image, & likeness so popular & valuable in Texas?

You really think Payne sporting a BMW & fur coat increased said sales by tens-of-millions in Texas? To justify his $500K+ advertising salary.

Free market. Their worth is what someone is willing to pay. Absent a contract to the contrary with set terms, the NCAA has no legal right to restrain their earning power. You are clueless.

Free market. Their worth is what someone is willing to pay. Absent a contract to the contrary with set terms, the NCAA has no legal right to restrain their earning power. You are clueless.
LOL.

The ONLY time California politicians support free capitalism is for making a total joke out of college basketball.

I think I have a fairly reliable source... Garcia is getting $500,000 to stay a Gopher.
Our budget at the end of last season was $1 million...we have added to it.
This from a self described: "...long time season ticket holder and good friend of the coach."

Sounds about right to me? Other teams could surely have offered more, but it's enough so he didn't HAVE to leave over money.

What a minute. I thought Shooter said he got a Mercedes.

Tom Crean was on with Dan Barreiro and said the going rate for a starting point guard was 750k at the end of the season. He said an unnamed SEC point guard just got 1M. Lots of crazy numbers get thrown around but there is too much smoke for there not to be fire. I'm waiting for some rich alum to buy a title for some obscure mid major.

I'm waiting for some rich alum to buy a title for some obscure mid major.
I've been saying this for some time now. The barrier to doing this is much lower than say, owning an NBA team.

Top Bottom