Do you approve of Harbaugh should he become coach at Michigan?

CWCWCW

Reaction score
It appears a decision from Harbaugh isn't that far away.

I'm hoping that Harbaugh returns to Michigan. I like a villain, and Jim H. really has good potential. After Bert left for the SEC, we really have slim pickings. Andersen was starting to get in my craw, but he left. Ferentz is stale. Pelini gone.

Many think of Urban as pretty shady, but he is smart enough to not say anything too controversial. We'll have to wait on Franklin at PSU as he looks like he may have potential, but he's also in the other division.

Come on. Bring on Harbaugh. I don't give him a month before he says something condescending. It would be fun.

Good points CWCWCW. He will definitely bring attention to the conference and to scUM. Bring it on!

I would love it. As much as I hate to say it the Big 10 needs Michigan to be good. I think he would do that, and he certainly would give more attention to the conference in general (for those complaining ESPN talks too much about the SEC).

I hope he doesn't. In what way does Michigan being great again help us? I couldn't care less about conference prestige. We're not losing our power 5 status no matter what and if we win the conference we're going to the Rose Bowl (or an equivalent).

I want Michigan to get good again so I'm in favor of Harbaugh coming to UM. We don't play them all that often and the conference needs more elite teams. If they happen to all reside in the east, that is fine with me.

It would be awesome for the conference and it would be awesome to see a Harbaugh-Meyer rivalry. BTW I don't or wouldn't consider either or Franklin as villains. Only reason they would be is because they coach successful programs with good recruiting classes and have coached in the SEC which automatically means they cheat according to some fans. Success breeds hate. Andersen was the only coach I remotely disliked but that was solely because of the Axe protocol thing.

I would love to have Harbaugh at Michigan. The B1G (including us) need the Wolverines to return to greatness. I do believe that Kill has a large enough lead on them that we can compete with them year in and year out with Harbaugh coaching them. We (along with PennSt) were the only B1G team to give tOSU a game this year. tOSU won the B1G title by 59-0 over the BADgers! They will likely decline some under Chryst. A strong B1G is good for all of us.

Kill has turned us into a winner and we will continue to get better. Beat Missouri and our recruiting absolutely explodes next year! We are rapidly approaching where we can beat anyone in college football. Let's keep the roll on and get that practice facility built!

I would love to have Harbaugh at Michigan. The B1G (including us) need the Wolverines to return to greatness. I do believe that Kill has a large enough lead on them that we can compete with them year in and year out with Harbaugh coaching them. We (along with PennSt) were the only B1G team to give tOSU a game this year. tOSU won the B1G title by 59-0 over the BADgers! They will likely decline some under Chryst. A strong B1G is good for all of us.

Kill has turned us into a winner and we will continue to get better. Beat Missouri and our recruiting absolutely explodes next year! We are rapidly approaching where we can beat anyone in college football. Let's keep the roll on and get that practice facility built!

And Indiana and Michigan.

I hope he doesn't. In what way does Michigan being great again help us? I couldn't care less about conference prestige. We're not losing our power 5 status no matter what and if we win the conference we're going to the Rose Bowl (or an equivalent).

Half the fun of fandom is rooting against the loathsome. The humbling of privileged and entitled fan bases is immeasurably satisfying to me. I would like Michigan to be dreadful indefinitely.

I want Michigan to get good again.

Harbaugh or no Harbaugh, I never want them to get good again. I want their attendance and prestige to slowly decline. I want their administration to scale back the investment in athletics to the detriment of the entire university. I want them to play their home games in a Ford Field in which they are over-lorded by the Lions. I want us to be undefeated over Michigan in that Dome. I want them to go for very extended stretches without the Jug. I want them to get really close to winning a program-resurgent type game, but then I want us to pull off our greatest comeback in school history in that Dome we never lose in, and crush their dreams forever.

I'm a bitter human being.

Harbaugh or no Harbaugh, I never want them to get good again. I want their attendance and prestige to slowly decline. I want their administration to scale back the investment in athletics to the detriment of the entire university. I want them to play their home games in a Ford Field in which they are over-lorded by the Lions. I want us to be undefeated over Michigan in that Dome. I want them to go for very extended stretches without the Jug. I want them to get really close to winning a program-resurgent type game, but then I want us to pull off our greatest comeback in school history in that Dome we never lose in, and crush their dreams forever.

I'm a bitter human being.

Well said lol. Sadly true.

Half the fun of fandom is rooting against the loathsome. The humbling of privileged and entitled fan bases is immeasurably satisfying to me. I would like Michigan to be dreadful indefinitely.

That's what Notre Dame and the SEC is for. I get plenty of satisfaction seeing programs like USC and Texas down. Not from our own conference. They are our brothers.

I don't know why anyone would cheer for a "down" Big Ten. Michigan is a huge part of helping the conference get back to the top.

Only play Michigan twice in the next 5 years. Bring him aboard. I wasnt old enough for Bo vs. Woody.

And Indiana and Michigan.

Not sure I am following. tOSU beat them by 14 and 15. They beat MSU by 12. Us and PSU by 7. PSU in 2OT. The B1G largely did not even compete with tOSU.

I may have just missed your point.

Not sure I am following. tOSU beat them by 14 and 15. They beat MSU by 12. Us and PSU by 7. PSU in 2OT. The B1G largely did not even compete with tOSU.

I may have just missed your point.

Michigan was tied 21 all at OSU with just 5 minutes in the third. IU was beating OSU 20-14 at the Shoe with a minute left in the third and was down just one going into the fourth. We were also down 31-14 with just 7 minutes into the fourth. I don't know how they gave OSU any less of a game than we did.

Forget Harbaugh - what is everyone's opinion of Mitch Liedner?

Would be shocked if he took the job. He is too competitive and wants a Super bowl ring like his brother. Don't believe he is loved by everyone in Ann Harbor either. He torched them a few years ago about academics...

I don't know why anyone would cheer for a "down" Big Ten. Michigan is a huge part of helping the conference get back to the top.

Why can't another team replace Michigan as an always dominant in conference team? Why can't they continue to suck while the conference gets better?

Why can't another team replace Michigan as an always dominant in conference team? Why can't they continue to suck while the conference gets better?

just what I was thinking. I dont care if they ever win another game.

Because a down B10 means more wins for us. Its simple. What if Iowa, Michigan and Nebraska were running at full capacity this year? Would folks sit around saying '6-6 is cool because the B10 is great this year!' Of course not! Are Duke fans mad that the ACC isn't great? I doubt it. The B10 being great means wins are harder to come by for us. The only thing the B10 being 'down' does is hurt public perception which doesn't matter at all unless you're in the NC hunt which we aren't. Who cares what yokels in Bama think about the conference

What if Iowa, Michigan and Nebraska were running at full capacity this year? Would folks sit around saying '6-6 is cool because the B10 is great this year!' Of course not!

Ask the basketball fans that question and you'd probably get that exact answer.

Sure. His act will wear off and the next fool will follow him.

Because a down B10 means more wins for us. Its simple. What if Iowa, Michigan and Nebraska were running at full capacity this year? Would folks sit around saying '6-6 is cool because the B10 is great this year!' Of course not! Are Duke fans mad that the ACC isn't great? I doubt it. The B10 being great means wins are harder to come by for us. The only thing the B10 being 'down' does is hurt public perception which doesn't matter at all unless you're in the NC hunt which we aren't. Who cares what yokels in Bama think about the conference

I prefer the Gophers reaching Helmet School excellence to dumbing down the conference. I want to beat great teams, not mediocre teams. We can do that!

Ask the basketball fans that question and you'd probably get that exact answer.

basketball is very different. There are enough games where a few powerhouse programs don't kill you. In football great OSU or Michigan programs are a huge road block for the rest of the conference. In basketball that's not the case. Sure maybe you don't win the conference but you can still be a top 20 team with a great chance to win a national title even if you have some powerhouses in your conference. Look at Virginia last year

Top Bottom