Do MN really suck that bad?

Not really.

Try using that pedigree to go to the top Wall Street firms or the top management consulting firms (MBB), and so on. The reality is, Carlson is not Ross, for example. Not even close. Carlson is good, but far from great. And the kids who go to Ross would never go to Carlson. And the terrible part of all of this is that we created this situation. We could be top-notch. But we chose not to be. And there's almost nothing where we're truly top-notch. We're just not UMich or Berkeley, and WE COULD HAVE BEEN. That's on us. And now we pay to send our kids elsewhere. ...Hell, I had to pay to send myself to a law school that was good. No fun on that front!
I don’t really understand the whole “it’s not the top” so then we pooh-pooh it thing… to me that’s back to the level of … a random tweet stat.

I don’t really understand the whole “it’s not the top” so then we pooh-pooh it thing… to me that’s back to the level of … a random tweet stat.
I'll take your view as genuine. But you really don't know what you're talking about. I'll take the top 20 AMLAW law firms and find the number of UMN grads that get summer internships/jobs and UMich grads. It's about 50:1 in favor of UMich. Maybe more tilted.

But the shitty party is that it didn't have to pan out this way. We could be at the top end. We're just not. Does Goldman Sachs conduct on-campus interviews? Does Cravath? Does Sullivan? Does Wachtell?

I could go on. ...Now comes the time where someone says you can have a happy life without working for the top firms. Correct. That's not my point. My point is that if you want to, UMN chose not to service you. So you have to exit and pay $$. Which sucks.

I'll take your view as genuine. But you really don't know what you're talking about. I'll take the top 20 AMLAW law firms and find the number of UMN grads that get summer internships/jobs and UMich grads. It's about 50:1 in favor of UMich. Maybe more tilted.

But the shitty party is that it didn't have to pan out this way. We could be at the top end. We're just not. Does Goldman Sachs conduct on-campus interviews? Does Cravath? Does Sullivan? Does Wachtell?

I could go on. ...Now comes the time where someone says you can have a happy life without working for the top firms. Correct. That's not my point. My point is that if you want to, UMN chose not to service you. So you have to exit and pay $$. Which sucks.
Where did you go to college?

Without getting into it, a high-end boutique school that focuses on tech.

But that's not the point. The point is the squandering of the opportunity for intelligent MN kids.
No, really, where did you go? We're talking schools and academics, it's germane, so do tell.

No, really, where did you go? We're talking schools and academics, it's germane, so do tell.
Well, it's a high-end private boutique tech school. So that only leaves so many options. I'd prefer not to be more specific because of other things I've said in the past that could lead (who knows why?) people to me. That said, I'm sure you could work it out with not that many guesses.

Well, it's a high-end private boutique tech school. So that only leaves so many options. I'd prefer not to be more specific because of other things I've said in the past that could lead (who knows why?) people to me. That said, I'm sure you could work it out with not that many guesses.
Good grief, you have to know how ridiculous this post reads.

Okay, Brown Institute or Dunwoody?

Yep. I do. But there are some things that make this make sense. And I'd rather not say. (Although if you want to meet up for a drink....!)
Trust me, it doesn't make sense. You are merely deflecting because you didn't see my very simple question coming.

Trust me, it doesn't make sense. You are merely deflecting because you didn't see my very simple question coming.
Love all your posts, PMW.

But occasionally there are just odd circumstances. You can go with that or not. But I'm a fan of yours no matter what.

It's a woke ass liberal university. Nothing more... Nothing less .. but whatever. Still love the football squad
To you and all that "Liked" this comment. I'm writing this down in your permanent record!

Could someone give me one example of a “small high end boutique tech school” so I know what we are talking about.

Sounds like le cordon blue or something

Could someone give me one example of a “small high end boutique tech school” so I know what we are talking about.

It's code for "not ranked very high".

I'd guess he is hinting at CalTech, MIT, or Carnegie Mellon. I probably wouldn't include Carnegie Mellon because it isn't solely focused on tech. The list could also include RPI or RIT.

No discussion how we are 3rd from the bottom in the AP times ranked list for football? No surprise?
I would not have guessed that. I assume it is weeks ranked sometime during a season?
And Northwestern and Maryland are ahead of us?

We need to beat Nebraska and North Carolina and then and then and keep rollin'

I'd guess he is hinting at CalTech, MIT, or Carnegie Mellon. I probably wouldn't include Carnegie Mellon because it isn't solely focused on tech. The list could also include RPI or RIT.
I don't think of those first two as boutique though.

Maybe Rasmussen Business College?

I don't think of those first two as boutique though.

Maybe Rasmussen Business College?
I've never really known what people meant by "boutique" schools. I figured it was just another way of saying "small". So in his post, it would (IMO) eliminate schools like Georgia Tech or Purdue.

To be a little less opaque: elsewhere, I publish various series on topics that are somewhat controversial. The readership is small but regular -- about 10-20k regular readers. I don't know how this identity could be connected to that identity, but I'd rather not take unnecessary "risks."

Sorry to be so vague. It's annoying, I know.

Last edited:

To be a little less opaque: elsewhere, I publish various series on topics that are somewhat controversial. The readership is small but regular -- about 10-20k regular readers. I don't know how this identity could be connected to that identity, but I'd rather not take unnecessary "risks."

Sorry to he so vague. It's annoying, I know.
Hey! Can you post some links to a few of these? I'm interested in becoming a reader. ;)

Sorry to he so vague. It's annoying, I know.
Are you Big Game Boomer?

Are you Big Game Boomer?
I have no idea who that is. So, no.

...I would be surprised if any of you also know of my other identity, but I guess there's always a chance.

(I will say this, though: as a result of the various series, I have had a phone call result that connected me with someone many of you would definitely know, and puts me about one step away from controversial events that have occurred and will occur soon.)

I chose the U for my Masters Degree. Could have gone to any number of Universities. Don’t regret it for one minute regardless of the rankings.

Figured it out...International man of mystery!

Top Bottom