Dinero Moss to...IOWA???

From the GopherSports live blog:

Comment From Guest
Andy, Zach Johnson tweeted Dinero Moss is now going to Iowa...any truth?

GopherSports_Andy: I'm not sure about that ... but I wasn't expecting him to sign with us. Remember, Coach Kill always says what's on the recruiting sites isn't always 100% accurate.

Strange. Poor kid must like loosing Bronze Pigs.

He always said MN - but he had had grade issues.

As I said in the commits thread:

Time for Jamel and Andre to torch his ass then..... #FloydsoursBitch

Huh? Iowa hasn't been listed as even recruiting him from what I can tell. Looks like he only wanted to face Harbison and McDonald once a year instead of daily. Hope he has excellent vision, so he can see Floyd from across the field!!! Good luck to him if it's true.

Maybe with all of the JuCo guys we brought in he didn't feel like he could get playing time immediately or Kill and Co. didn't want him because they like Eric Murray and see Moss as an academic risk?

Didnt see that coming, enjoy losing to Minnesota.

zambam said:
Maybe with all of the JuCo guys we brought in he didn't feel like he could get playing time immediately or Kill and Co. didn't want him because they like Eric Murray and see Moss as an academic risk?
Even though we always disagree - I would have to agree with this.

Or maybe he got a late offer from Iowa and chose them over us. For as much as people make fun of Wisconsin fans saying they "cooled" on a guy, that's exactly what you're all doing.

Gopherprof said:
Or maybe he got a late offer from Iowa and chose them over us. For as much as people make fun of Wisconsin fans saying they "cooled" on a guy, that's exactly what you're all doing.

Nm

alot was said about his academics and that there may be a few issues with that. i was hoping to see this kid in the maroon and gold.. too bad, but this is recruiting and it happens

So? You don't think EVERY fan base uses that argument when they lose recruits and yet make fun of their rival when they do?

The "so?" is that he's simply pointing out that doing this sort of thing makes people look silly.

Big deal, honestly it's not like losing Floyd or the 'One Who Went to USC, uh Miami". If Moss makes All Big Ten and all the DBs that signed today end up in the burn unit THEN I'll be upset.

Others

Does this mean Hinojosa and Nicholson go with him? I have heard Nicholson's scholarship offer at the U was tenuous at best, but that Hinojosa was going to be an early enrolee and would be here for spring practice. That apparently did not happen

EDIT: I see Hinojosa signed and that Nicholson's offer did, in fact, not go through. Happy to have Hinojosa.

Does this mean Hinojosa and Nicholson go with him? I have heard Nicholson's scholarship offer at the U was tenuous at best, but that Hinojosa was going to be an early enrolee and would be here for spring practice. That apparently did not happen.

Hinojosa signed.

For what it's worth Gophersports says there were no surprises today.

GopherSports_Andy: Not really, no. Some guys who were on some lists were not surprises around here, to be honest. Remember, Coach Kill always says that what's on the recruiting sites aren't always completely accurate.

Moss

I was totally blindsided on this one. He has been a Gopher commit for some time and the Hawkeyes were never mentioned as being in the picture. There's got to be more to this story.

Sounds like the coaches weren't surprised at all...

Well, since we had 29 "commits" this is not too surprising. Looks like Nicholson didn't sign either.

I was totally blindsided on this one. He has been a Gopher commit for some time and the Hawkeyes were never mentioned as being in the picture. There's got to be more to this story.

^ This. Sure, Iowa could have swooped in at the last minute, but I don't think there was anything out there about him even visiting Iowa, at least not officially. If he switched to Nebraska, where he had an offer, that would make sense. But people from the Iowa football staff haven't confirmed anything, so everyone is going off of a teenager's Twitter page, which we all know isn't exactly official. Whatever, hope the young guy made the best decision for his future, whether that's Iowa or wherever.

/kanyeshrug

We signed 6 DBs (7 if you count Rallis) so this was already a position of depth. Losing Nicholson stings little bit more since we only have 1-2 LBs in this class, Lynn and possibly Rallis.

Moss is one Shady Pogue

I hope we torch his butt as often as possible. This should give Nelson or Leidner a target to throw at
and beat and Harbison and Mcdonald someone to burn. Up yours suckeyes, we are going to keep the Pig for a decade or more. Dinero Moss you will lose plenty at Iowa to the Gophers all four years.

Gophersports reaction to the thing seemed unsurprised. The coaches must've known about this awhile back, maybe not to Iowa, but that he wouldn't be coming here.
Makes sense now that they brought all those safety prospects in and signed 2 later on in the year(Travis, Johnson)
Looked like a good prospect, but I'm moving on to the 31 kids that will be beating him for the next 4 years.

We signed 6 DBs (7 if you count Rallis) so this was already a position of depth. Losing Nicholson stings little bit more since we only have 1-2 LBs in this class, Lynn and possibly Rallis.
Eh...not really. We currently have 12 linebackers under scholarship and 15 defensive backs (could certainly change). You're going to need more secondary players than linebackers, so I don't think numbers really make a difference.

Plus, out of the 6 DBs in this class, only three of them are from high school, so it spreads out more equally.

Anyway, it is what it is. I liked Moss, but Harbison was the one I was always worried about.

"Signing looks good, but we lost one - Dinero Moss going to Iowa"

Closer to Chicago mafia and outliers of problems.

Maybe this is how the Hawkeyes got him in, by pulling a scholarship? From ESPN:

How do you feel about Iowa pulling a schollie ON SIGNING DAY from a recruit by saying they were now full?
Adam Rittenberg
Joe, I saw that story in the New Jersey paper. I'm interested to see if Kirk Ferentz will address the situation, as Iowa has made some late additions to the recruiting class, including a wide receiver reportedly offered a scholarship this morning.

Top Bottom