Did something happen after the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPoo

Posts hard, like a warlord
Reaction score
I wasn't there for the badgers parading around with the axe, but in the postgame interview on kfan Kill was asked what he thought of how the team handled it, and he gave a curt 'no response.'

I'm assuming there's nothing to it, just curious.

Apparently from what I took out of the reports, while the team was singing the alma mater in the endzone, the Badgers came right in the middle of them and started chopping down the goal post with the axe, and then they started fighting.

more fuel for the fire, i HATE wisconsin. Fans around us were really nice though.

I heard Wisconsin was chopping the golepost and a gopher player walked in the way. RW grabbed the axe and lead the badgers away. No issue

Apparently from what I took out of the reports, while the team was singing the alma mater in the endzone, the Badgers came right in the middle of them and started chopping down the goal post with the axe, and then they started fighting.

Watching on TV, I saw them chop down one post then run down to the student section endzone where the Gophers were and started to chop it down also, they didnt show much more on tv. But according to some tweets, the players tried to get in their way and a fight broke out.

I admit that Mrs. Billd and myself were in the stadium through 00:00 on the clock but were exiting through the concourses while The Rowser was playing. Did the "M-I-N-N-E..." spellout to myself as we walked.

This means that for the first time I did not stay for Hail Minnesota...which is when anything offending as noted above would have occurred.

I therefore did not stay to the bitter end. I guess this makes Reusse correct for me...at least for this week.

Not sure why this one stung so much...but it did. Coach Kill did say on Sid & Dave last Sunday that the team was both physically and emotionally exhausted after MSU. I guess The Axe was not enough to overcome that.

Hope the team can regroup for the last two games.

On to Evanston and NU! I still believe In Kill We Trust!

Kim Royston was the first player to step in front of the goal post and was the closest to getting in a brawl with several of the players taunting them.

Kim Royston was the first player to step in front of the goal post and was the closest to getting in a brawl with several of the players taunting them.

I think it is safe to say they defended the goal post from the axe better then they defended the Badgers offense.

I don't think there can be any eyewitness accounts on this from Gophers fans. There were not any lft in there.

I stayed for the entire thing and saw the incident. Badgers were chopping down the goal post away from the student section then headed towards the other end. The Gophers were already gathering to sing with the band and the badgers came through them to chop down the other post. Several Gophers took offense to this, Moulton was one of the first that I saw step up to them. It was all broken up pretty quickly, no real punches or pushes that I could see.

I think it is safe to say they defended the goal post from the axe better then they defended the Badgers offense.

I don't think there can be any eyewitness accounts on this from Gophers fans. There were not any lft in there.

At least you aren't a pompous ass.

Its good to see that you can emulate the classlessness of your team.

Go back to buckyville d-bag. I'm humored how bucky fans forget that that very bad football was played by Wisky prior to Alvarez. Camp Randall had more empty seats than full ones in many of those years.

GVBadger must be a closet Gopher fan for all the time he spends on this board. Why don't you head back over the river since Wisky is so great? Can't get a job there?

I stayed for the entire thing and saw the incident. Badgers were chopping down the goal post away from the student section then headed towards the other end. The Gophers were already gathering to sing with the band and the badgers came through them to chop down the other post. Several Gophers took offense to this, Moulton was one of the first that I saw step up to them. It was all broken up pretty quickly, no real punches or pushes that I could see.

One of the bigger pushes I saw was someone, not sure who, pushed a Badger photographer out of the way as he was trying to make it through the pack of players during this event.

Go back to buckyville d-bag. I'm humored how bucky fans forget that that very bad football was played by Wisky prior to Alvarez. Camp Randall had more empty seats than full ones in many of those years.
Actually not really. Look at the attendace numbers again. Most were sell out seasons despite the poor foitball team. All except for 2. of the last Morton years.

In IT for the ∫e ͯ;458598 said:
One of the bigger pushes I saw was someone, not sure who, pushed a Badger photographer out of the way as he was trying to make it through the pack of players during this event.

Que Buckyville's Miles Long on another thuggish racist rant about Gopher players like he did the basketball team last year.....

I believe they did the same classless act two years ago.

The badger players are the most classless pieces of crap. Team takes on attitude of its coach!!

Where are you renting your one semester qb from next year?

I believe they did the same classless act two years ago.

That is correct. But it was worse that year, the team was actually in the middle of singing Hail Minnesota when the Badger players actually went between them and the band and "chopped" the goal post down. At least this time the players stepped up and tried to do something about it.

Next time we should prevent this by actually playing some football and winning the Axe.

Next time we should prevent this by actually playing some football and winning the Axe.

I concur, you'd like teams to act with a little class after they win but if it really bothers you beat the stuffing out of them on the field.

They brought the Axe into Kohl Center and paraded it around. The Gophers then took the puck and stuffed it into the net for a 3-1 lead. Buck the Fadgers.

Actually not really. Look at the attendace numbers again. Most were sell out seasons despite the poor foitball team. All except for 2. of the last Morton years.

The Big 10 Network just finished a program on Barry Alvarez. Someone was quoted as saying in Morton's last season in 1989 there were 10,000 to 15,000 people in the stands. The only actual attendance records I've found indicated that there were games in Barry's first two years in 1990 and 1991 with attendance around 35,000. Another Badger player was quoted in the Big 10 program who said people came for the 5th quarter and not the football game. That's consistent with what my Badger wife recalls when she went to Wisconsin in the early Alvarez years.

I'm old and without putting on my Romeo's and lighting up the pipe with the Borkum Riff, I'll just say I don't get the "big smack" that always has to go on these days. Chop down a post, run around the field, and head to the locker room. Why does the victor--and I know this is a rivalry and all--have to rub the losers nose in it? Just seems low class.

The Badgers have been owning us. Does breaking up our post-game ritual make them feel like they are owning us more? Act like you've been there before.

And before anyone goes off on me, I'd feel the same way if we were doing it to them and hopefully, someday soon will beat them on the field.

Those f'n bastards just barged right through to cut down the post with no regards for the team, the band and anyone else who was there. I saw Royston get up and stand in front of the post and take some shoves from those damned skunks until some other Gophs came up and at least moved those classless jerks. I have more respect for Royston now more than ever since he wasn't the one instigating the pushing and shoving. Though I wouldn't have minded a donnybrook to leave those f#cks with a few more bruises.

The Big 10 Network just finished a program on Barry Alvarez. Someone was quoted as saying in Morton's last season in 1989 there were 10,000 to 15,000 people in the stands. The only actual attendance records I've found indicated that there were games in Barry's first two years in 1990 and 1991 with attendance around 35,000. Another Badger player was quoted in the Big 10 program who said people came for the 5th quarter and not the football game. That's consistent with what my Badger wife recalls when she went to Wisconsin in the early Alvarez years.

I'm sure you can find the attendance figures. Wisconsin, in their worst hour, still averaged more than Minnesota does in bowl seasons. Morton's last year was around 45K fans average. As season ticket holders, I can tell you, it was thin late in that season. But it wasn't 15K. Nor does any of this matter. Wisconsin has always had enthusiasm for their teams. Only in the Morton years was it "Minnesota-like" in the stands. People like to exaggerate....makes the hero's story look even better. Wisconsin was a sleeping giant....Alvarez knew that, and came.

GVBadger said:

I'm starting to hate Wisconsin fans more then Iowa fans. Never thought that would be possible.

Much of the time, a team reflects the man who is coaching them. Need i say more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom