Did I miss the other games thread?

Complete bonehead move by the QB.....6 seconds on the clock and he runs up the middle then slides well after the 6 seconds was up....unreal

They needed yards. Couldn't kick from there. The big mistake was getting a PI when they were already in FG range.

They needed yards. Couldn't kick from there. The big mistake was getting a PI when they were already in FG range.
6 seconds on the clock and he scrambled so he had to know it was the final play. To give himself up in that situation was just a terrible decision.

But yeah, the decisions once they got into field goal range were dumb as well.

6 seconds on the clock and he scrambled so he had to know it was the final play. To give himself up in that situation was just a terrible decision.

But yeah, the decisions once they got into field goal range were dumb as well.

Yeah....it was a mangled last series. But it never should have gotten to that point. You can't penalize yourself out of FG range.

Question - Oregon had 12 men on the field. Penalty but they let 5 seconds run off the clock. Should they have put it back on? I don’t know?

Also.....another good win for Old Jer and Vandy! 20-13 over Kentucky Wildgrass on their home court.

This is really a rivalry trophy??

Attachments

• IMG_5604_2_464aa91b-87ce-44b0-a2a3-431321d7f2c3_1200x1200.jpg
    IMG_5604_2_464aa91b-87ce-44b0-a2a3-431321d7f2c3_1200x1200.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 4

I don’t know how many saw the end of the OSU-Oregon game but with 10 seconds left OSU ran a play that resulted in an incomplete pass as they were trying to get into FG range. Oregon was flagged for too many men on the field. People are suggesting Oregon purposely did this. The 5 yards for the penalty in that situation wasn’t a big deal. The :04 that ran off the clock was. Having an extra guy on the field obviously makes it harder to succeed so you’d trade 5 yards for :04-:05 off the clock any day.

Genius if true but also a bad loophole that needs to be shut.

I don’t know how many saw the end of the OSU-Oregon game but with 10 seconds left OSU ran a play that resulted in an incomplete pass as they were trying to get into FG range. Oregon was flagged for too many men on the field. People are suggesting Oregon purposely did this. The 5 yards for the penalty in that situation wasn’t a big deal. The :04 that ran off the clock was. Having an extra guy on the field obviously makes it harder to succeed so you’d trade 5 yards for :04-:05 off the clock any day.

Yeah I watched it live and you can see day screaming at them that there’s 12 on the field at the snap. Why not just put 12 or 13 out there in any end of game situation where there are say 20 or so seconds next and take the 5 yard penalties until the clock runs down?

I didn't watch it, but I was stunned to read that Purdue almost beat Illinois, and in the process the Boilers scored 49 points, and racked up 536 yards (297 passing, 239 rushing) against the Illini defense.

That is shocking.

Yeah, 9 times out of 10 the offense wants the clock running during this penalty because they are usually running a hurry up offense and trying to catch the defense with too many people on the field and get a free play, this is just the one instance where that isn't beneficial.

They should just tweak the rule so that if the clock is stopped and you commit the penalty that the offense gets the time back.

Top Bottom